Author Topic: [S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic  (Read 169689 times)

Gulatr

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Gultar
Re: [S] Floris Mod Pack
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »
monnikje, thank you for the link and the informative answer.

17 companions is a good ammount, I just wish there were more of them in the game.

Another question: can TweakMB be used with this pack?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:44:18 PM by Gulatr »

Slots

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Slots, Tarik
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
All I have to say is that this compilation is stunning. The features planned for the next update are ones I was going to shove into the current version but now I see I do not have to worry about them and can patiently wait.

Keep up the good work!

King Ragnarok

• Sergeant Knight
  • I am a twat.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: [tag] Ragnarok
  • WB
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
 every time i try download i right click ,click copy. go to modules, right click ... crashes EDIT: fixed i extracted it :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:33:42 PM by King Ragnarok »
Then let me put it in more blunt terms: **** off, or I'll ban you. And no, nobody is interested in your opinion on the subject.

Also this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

Scully

• Grandmaster Knight
  • :O
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Baron_Helmut_Schnitzelnazi
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
I'm assuming the adding of custom commander will require a new game. So I'll just have to wait to play.

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Monnikje
  • WB
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2010, 08:09:58 PM »
KillerDudeMan: Try to load up the game without 'Edit mode'.

Duh: I'm going to have a look at that when adding CC to the pack. I hope to avoid those duplicate npc's. And the deathcam seems to work fine in Diplomacy, even when 'under ground'. So I think I'll use that one instead of the CC one that gave you problems.

Gulatr: I haven't tried it yet, but KillerDudeMan reported that putting the javelin on 0 is a bad idea. If you try TweakMB, I'd of course like to hear your results. Testing that isn't my priority right now.

Slots: Thanks :). And if you have suggestions for more, I'll have of course a look at them.

King Ragnarok: Great to see you've managed to fix the problem :). Indeed, extracting helps a lot.

Scully: Since I want to continue my own savegame, I'll make it savegame compatible.

Haven't been able do do anything today (sometimes real life stuff catches up), but well, the night is young. Maybe I can squeesh another 8 hours of work out of myself before I fall asleep :mrgreen:.

Mno

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »
Fun fact:
When equipping, then unequipping gloves with fingers.
The gloves goes from flat open hand, to a fist. This stays this way (withing shops).

Also Articulated Gauntlets cost less than Milanse Gauntlets (who have identical textures). They also weigh 0.2 less.
When wearing Highlander armor your arms change textures. Is there no "no-arms" armor?
The Winged Great Helmet lost it's colours... no really ^^ It's grey!
The Black and White armor looks extremely expensive compared to it's defensive value.

I've yet too find a Morningstar in any city/loot.
I've only found 1 Huscarl's shield so far.
It seems that with the amount of weapons certain items (especially with positive pre-fixes) get really scarce!

Is there a way to distribute certain items only within certain factions? This could decrease randomness a bit.

Duh

• Hyper-Masochist
  • Colorporosexual
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Sir Simpleton
  • M&BWB
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
I was wondering whether the items added and tweaked will only affect the player (which would be sort of a pity) or whether you are going into the direction of Pike and Blade (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,110114.0.html )?

I know its a personal opinion and in the end you get to call :P, but i d prefer that diversity, if implemented does not only reach the player, but also the factions :)
(And im not requesting this for the next version or the one after that, since it d be an awful lot of work and you already have enough planned :D. However I d like to ask you and the others to think about the approaches of item diversity for future additions.)

Thanks for the great work mate ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:03:52 PM by Duh »
Class - we haz it.
I hate when your tampon string gets lost in your inner labia.
There's a massive turd in my rectum that's really annoying me

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2010, 10:04:20 PM »
Mno: Thanks for mentioning it :). I'm looking at some of these items right now, the others I've noted down.
Those arms are indeed part of that highlander armor. I'll have a look at it if I can change it, but no promises there, since I'm not (yet) that savvy with editing meshes.

As far as I know I can indeed assign certain weapons to certain factions. I'll have to test if that works though. When it does, I'll do my best to distribute the weapons nicely among the different places of Calradia.
Until so far, tests of assigning weapons to certain factions have been unsuccessful. Conducting more now.

Duh: I'm indeed planning on distributing the new weapons among the troops and knights. That's why I'm also going to check all the troops. I hope you're not in a hurry for the next version :mrgreen:.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:01:07 PM by monnikje »

Mno

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
Mno: Thanks for mentioning it :). I'm looking at some of these items right now, the others I've noted down.
Those arms are indeed part of that highlander armor. I'll have a look at it if I can change it, but no promises there, since I'm not (yet) that savvy with editing meshes.
You're welcome! You're already investing a lot of time in it. I'm just adding where I can. Feeling beta testy ^^.
If you could find the default arm textures you could possibly "copy/paste" those into the armor.

As far as I know I can indeed assign certain weapons to certain factions. I'll have to test if that works though. When it does, I'll do my best to distribute the weapons nicely among the different places of Calradia.
Until so far, tests of assigning weapons to certain factions have been unsuccessful. Conducting more now.
Quoted you on the second you edited it ^^
AFAIK the Chargers in Vanilla are only to be bought in Swadian and Rhodok (ye, dunno why...) towns. Maybe those files can give you the info you need to make items faction bound. If/when you find a way to assign them, let us know at the boards. 1 Post including all items (sorted by merchant) + poll + ??? = less time consuming for you.

Duh: I'm indeed planning on distributing the new weapons among the troops and knights. That's why I'm also going to check all the troops. I hope you're not in a hurry for the next version :mrgreen:.
As long as the versions keep compatible, which you are trying to ensure, why the rush :)

PS. Send out Lezalit on a RtR mission, had a party2party fight, Alayen and Ymira told me they liked each other. Lezalit came back, and Ymira still doesn't whine. So somehow the positive script between companions got skipped. I got them very fast after each other, without combat in between. That could be it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:11:42 PM by Mno »

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »
Thanks Mno for the direction :). I found it, and confirmed it working.
In the python files:
["charger","Charger", [("charger_new",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 1811,abundance(40)|hit_points(165)|body_armor(58)|difficulty(4)|horse_speed(40)|horse_maneuver(44)|horse_charge(32)|horse_scale(112),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_5]],
In the item_kinds.txt:
itm_charger Charger Charger 1  charger_new 0  65537 0 1811 110595670016 0.000000 40 0 58 0 4 165 44 40 112 0 32 0
 15 19

The bold marked parts are the ones that define where the item is available. If none is specified, it's available everywhere.

Alright, now I can indeed specify where the items go!

Seether

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 12:43:22 AM »
That's good news. I had been of the opinion that there can be 'too many' items, in the sense that if everything is available everywhere, it can be very difficult to find specific armor/weapons that you're seeking to purchase. I think it would be a lot easier if facton-specific weapons/armor (Huscarl Shield, Heavy Axes, Nomad Bow, Board Shield, etc.) were in faction specific cities, and items that aren't faction specific (Milanese Armor, Gothic Armor, (soon to be included) Transitional Armor, etc.) can be found in any city.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:50:28 AM by Seether »

Mno

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Thanks Mno for the direction :). I found it, and confirmed it working.
In the python files:
(click to show/hide)

Alright, now I can indeed specify where the items go!
You're welcome again, just adding where I can :) Awesome that you found it out that fast.

I've come pass 2 great helmets. Same reqs, same weight. Different armor/price. A 53 armor cheaper one, and the more expensive 55 one.
I take it the 53 armor is the original one(vanilla), and the 55 armor is the wingless-55 one. As more than once people complained about sigh issues with/due to the wings.
Also note, the Winged and 'wingless' 55-armor great helmets have the same price.

In any circumstance, faction named (Ex. 'Khergit' Guard Helmet) only @ it's faction towns. And maybe even specific items only at the using faction (Bardiche @ Vaegir, Board Shield @ Rhodok etc)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:07:01 AM by Mno »

Blead

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
Another question: Is Floris a noble character aka can I make him a lord without the other lords bitching about him?

Prof. Chaos

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
Hi Folks,

First of all, I LOVE the mod.  Nords are great and it's fantastic to be able to move a big group of mounted huscarls to the high ground, have them dismount and form the shield wall. EPIC.

I have only encountered one problem that I can't seem to fix.  Ever since I installed the mod (extended version) I've been getting this error: "Script Error on OPCODE 520: Invalid troop ID: -1; Line NO: 376: At Script: decide_faction_ai"  I've tried figuring out this one on my own, but I'm at a loss.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Gulatr

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Gultar
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »
Another question: Is Floris a noble character aka can I make him a lord without the other lords bitching about him?

A good question, was wondering about that myself.