Not open for further replies.
Shapic said:
Robis what hardware are you using?

Personal Computer Toshiba
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2050 @ 1.60GHz
1.60GHz, 2.49 GB RAM
The graphic card is a Mobile Intel (R) 945 GM Express Chipset family

Yeah, i know. It's a 4 years ago crap pc, with a shared graphic card. I can only play single player at the moment, because i have 18 fps in multiplayer. Maybe the problem is the amount of stuff in this mode.

I am having two problems, one of which I have seen mentioned.  I didn't grab a screenshot, but it is repeatable, so if need be I can grab a couple.

I get the red text script error just about every time I talk to a lord on the map and maybe 1/3 of the time when talking to them in towns/castles.

I'm also getting lots of CTDs at the beginning of battles.

*I am using the extended pack, on a clean install of Mount and Blade (from steam, so it's up to date as well).  Have tried on three different machines now with the same results.

Screen cap of the red text error... This was a conversation initiated on the map:

Heya people,

Sorry for my absence yesterday and the most of today. Finally real life caught up with me.

Wow. The amount of activity in just a single day is stunning. Thanks everyone for the praise, for the suggestions, for the corrections and for the bug reports! Keep it up, for this can only improve the pack. I'll work on the pack this week, and will do my best to bring you an update by next weekend to fix as many bugs as I can fix in that time.

I've finally requested a sub forum for this mod. Of course this still has to be discussed among the admins, so don't count on it to happen this evening. If it's granted, I'll make separate threads for bug reports, suggestions, ideas etc., creating a little order in the enormous amount of posts :smile:.

Also I'm going to respond to pm's and posts here later in the evening. There is so much to look at and look into... Rest assured that I'll read everything, even if I don't immediately respond to it.

I've quickly made a very short faq in the second post of this topic, dealing with two issues that people came across earlier this weekend. I'll expand it after reading through the topic :smile:.

Once again thanks everyone for the great response.

Monnikje

Several bugs and some bad game breakers.

1. Red text messages of script errors when talking any lords. Sometimes also in other circumtances.
2. Theres absolutely impossible to see anything in battle when night.
3. Provoke war on another kingdom mission on attacking their caravans is not working correctly.
4. There where 2 heroes of same in tavern. Like two Artimenners and so on. Encountered every time when hero in tavern !?
5. When dying in battlefield moving the camera isnt working at all.
6. Lairs isnt spaw so you cant complete any mission of lair depended.
7. Unlimited ammo on enemy.

I "fixed" my night time seeing problems by turning off Use Depth Effects and Auto-exposure.  Now I can see fine at night, before with these options on at night it was literally pitch black.

*noticed something else, may just be me but I have confirmed it is happening on all three pcs here. Lair's never seem to spawn, so you can't complete those quests.  The only one I have actually witness spawned (including using the cheat to see the whole map) is the one at the beginning of the game to rescue the guy that is kidnapped.  I also haven't run into a single Sea Raider in any of my games......

I'm not sure if this is because lair's aren't spawning in my games.  But I have run into a situation where I have cleared the map of all the extras.  How long does it take them to randomly spawn if there are no lair's?  Or do they only spawn with lairs?

Niewitch said:
If I turn auto exposure and depth effects off it going totally black so no solution on that.

Just threw it out there as it worked for me and others (12pcs actually is what I have confirmed....)

Niewitch said:

1. Red text messages of script errors when talking any lords. Sometimes also in other circumtances.
3. Provoke war on another kingdom mission on attacking their caravans is not working correctly.
4. There where 2 heroes of same in tavern. Like two Artimenners and so on. Encountered every time when hero in tavern !?

My experience in a new game, patched up, no char import.

1. It's not any lord but quite often.
2. This might depend also on video options. I can play without problems.
4. 5. confirmed
6. I completed 4 or 5 missions like this and the lairs spawned.
7. confirmed

8. Reporting during combat keeps disappearing.

If the bugs are fixed this mod pack will be fantastic.

deimoss said:
Niewitch said:

My experience in a new game, patched up, no char import.

1. It's not any lord but quite often.
2. This might depend also on video options. I can play without problems.
4. 5. confirmed
6. I completed 4 or 5 missions like this and the lairs spawned.
7. confirmed

8. Reporting during combat keeps disappearing.

If the bugs are fixed this mod pack will be fantastic.

1. Well not always but 9/10 at least so very often. Few line of errors sometimes also talking to merchant.
2. gamma and other setting you can little bit correct it but still it unnecessary too dark
3. it gives only option to choose the leader and leave, you never cant attack them, well at least it register it as completed.
6. played severall hours and continueing, never seen any lairs expect the start of game the lair where merchant brother is kidnapped.

I finally got around to downloaded the Expanded Pack.  Monnikje, you've outdone yourself.  I'd pay for this crap!  :grin:
Thoroughly impressed, I am, hmmm.

Arminius said:
There are just other options besides charge now. "Take the field" is the top choice and that has your troops hold. "Follow my lead" of course they follow. "Charge", yep you guessed it...

Except it doesn't... When selecting "charge the enemy", troops also get the "hold" order (can't see the difference with Take the field).

By the way, one thing I loved about 1.0 was that I could have a friend play warband for the first time with the mod on and it was just as easy to use as Native. The problem I see with 2.01 is that a newbie could really get confused playing without knowing Native first. If only because he would have no clue to hit F1 F3 when starting a battle... It really only narrows down to a few things, like the pre-battle interface and the item pool, but those options are not very self-explanatory... As a suggestion for improvement, maybe clarify those menus or add an option to disable them? My 2 cents, kudos for everything!

PS : Steppe bandit lair never popped for me, others since pop up fine... Started my game in Khergit territory is that the reason? Also lairs seem to show up in different locations than usual, maybe some of them pop outside of the map/in the mountains/the sea?

I've noticed another thing well playing....  My morale is always at 99, just so long as I have any kind of food in inventory (could be all grain, doesn't seem to matter).  Maybe I just missed this in the notes and this is something that is built in?

And it seems, at least on these 12 machines I have access to, the complete darkness is caused by the Use Depth Effects option.  On all these machines M&B is set to full graphics quality.  If you turn on Use Depth Effects without HDR being on you get complete darkness when battling at night.  If you turn Use Depth Effects off you can actually see at night perfectly fine.  If you want to keep Use Depth Effects on, then you need to turn on HDR.  Turning on HDR seems to force off Antialiasing in the options panel (though it seems to still be on in game).

Complete darkness, Use Depth Effects is on with HDR off:

Can actually see at night, Use Depth Effects is on with HDR on:

Maybe it depends on your monitor. I've tried the HDR thing which only works for night battles if I also turn the gamma way up. But then the campaign map in daytime looks hideous. I think some sort of fix is needed.

Turning Use Depth Effects off made no difference at all.

sherbs said:
Maybe it depends on your monitor. I've tried the HDR thing which only works for night battles if I also turn the gamma way up. But then the campaign map in daytime looks hideous. I think some sort of fix is needed.

Use Depth Effects off, regardless of HDR being on or off gets me the same night battles as I show in screenshot 2 as well.

Crounch said:
Arminius said:
There are just other options besides charge now. "Take the field" is the top choice and that has your troops hold. "Follow my lead" of course they follow. "Charge", yep you guessed it...

Except it doesn't... When selecting "charge the enemy", troops also get the "hold" order (can't see the difference with Take the field).

By the way, one thing I loved about 1.0 was that I could have a friend play warband for the first time with the mod on and it was just as easy to use as Native. The problem I see with 2.01 is that a newbie could really get confused playing without knowing Native first. If only because he would have no clue to hit F1 F3 when starting a battle... It really only narrows down to a few things, like the pre-battle interface and the item pool, but those options are not very self-explanatory... As a suggestion for improvement, maybe clarify those menus or add an option to disable them? My 2 cents, kudos for everything!

Yeah an option to disable the extra commands or allow to have a "default" command would be great.

Still, this is a great mod, im loving it.

Awesome mod pack.. this has now in effect become much better and more complete than Litus so imho it is the definitive Warband SP mod atm.. but then, that's because I like my warband with additions not complete overhauls/setting changes.

ANYWAY, I've got a few q's

1) I seem to have problems with the camera controls when I get knocked out.. any of the suggested buttons I press (+, -, arrow keys, numpad keys) just gets the camera weirdly stuck and thats it

2) Sometimes (rarely) distant landscapes get screwy  in battles.. helps to just retreat and try again if the battle is only starting but it doesn't always work

3) Related to 1) - how do you FORCE getting out of battles early? Can't do it with tab now as it *****es about enemies being nearby.. just kinda sucks to get taken out of a huge battle early on by a lucky shot and then have to watch (or not watch, as my camera is broken atm -.-) your guys duking it out for another 10 mins

4) Pavise shields and mod descriptions.. where are they? :smile: I suppose a pavise will -eventually- be sold in some shop, right? I just haven't encountered one? Also.. all these new party commands.. how to access them? Formation etc changes? Yeah I know, I'm lazy to dig around specific mod readmes.. if someone could just run down for me new commands and how to access them please ?:smile:

Anyways, yeah.. great mod.. started up a rhodokian named Giovanni Riminaldo and am having an absolute blast with the new haleberds (AND combat animations!) and arbalests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom