[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seether said:
I thought you weren't supporting the mod (Magus) anymore?

im not, but since he used it in his mod and then changed it (witch i didnt give permission to do... use it sure, but not change it) i thought id at least release a version of the troops.txt file reflecting my original thought behind it.

EDIT: oh and the main reason im doing it, is because ive reinstalled M&B WB after a complete HDD format so i downloaded this mod to play "my" mod so to speak. And noticed he had changed things that i feel strongly about. thats why im changing this...

Any estimate on when the next update will be?  I'm really only interested in Polished Landscapes being included since I can't get it to work with Floris Mod Pack on my own.

Oddball_E8 said:
Seether said:
I thought you weren't supporting the mod (Magus) anymore?

im not, but since he used it in his mod and then changed it (witch i didnt give permission to do... use it sure, but not change it) i thought id at least release a version of the troops.txt file reflecting my original thought behind it.

EDIT: oh and the main reason im doing it, is because ive reinstalled M&B WB after a complete HDD format so i downloaded this mod to play "my" mod so to speak. And noticed he had changed things that i feel strongly about. thats why im changing this...

I do mods for M2TW, so I know what you mean. Using and modifying are two separate things. But in all honesty, if a modder says they aren't supporting their work anymore and they give someone permission to use their work, how it's implemented shouldn't be that big of an issue. If it was actively supported, but no longer updated, then that is another issue altogether.

braydog92: Thanks for the link to the skirmish mod. I'll certainly check it out.

Duh: Nice battles are important too, hehe. I used the 'less trees' option from PL. Since a lot of custom textures already ask a lot of the computer, I thought I'd try to at least lighten the workload a little bit.

Oddball_E8: I'm sorry that I hurt you this way. What I've done mostly was adding some of the new equipment to your existing item lists, and in a few cases (like indeed that Swadian Lancier's armour) replacing it. I'd respect that you'd rather not see your original mod being used in this way: therefor I'll replace your troop tree by one I'll think of myself, so your work won't be used in a way you don't want to.

Of course I don't mind you releasing a patch. Some things to keep in mind:
  • I'd advise you to change things in the hotfix troops.txt I've released. Npc starting levels have been fixed in there. Also, if you'd start out with your own troops.txt and just copy-paste in the floris companion (npc17), all troops in your troop tree would be shifted, and you'd have to fix all upgrade possibilities. That's quite some work you can avoid. Of course you can leave him out if you don't want him to appear in your patch.
  • The items you originally used are on different positions than they were in your mod. If you use your original troops.txt, the goth armour you used - for example - would be replaced by a camel. In this long list of new items, it might be tricky to find them back. So let me help you a little: 'Narf's armour' (not to be confused with 'Narfs armour'!) is now placed on positions 1353 till 1364. You can find More Warhorses 2.0 on the positions 633 till 675, with the three Half Cataphracts on 676 till 678. More Horses 4.0 is a little more complicated. Since the amount of horses multiplied during the creation of this pack, they are more spread over the list. You can find them on positions 603 till 632, 676 till 680, 742 till 776 and 1306 till 1314.
  • The troops still have still mostly the equipment you gave them, so changing it back shouldn't be that much work. All Native items you used, are still in place. Numbers above 600 are non-native items. The non-native items you used, I had ór to reassign, ór to replace. The easiest thing to do, is remove all non-native items, place your originals back using the numbers I gave above.
If you release this patch before I'll release the next version, I'll try to make sure the next version will be compatible with it.

If you're really offended by the way I added these new items, just send me a pm. I can think of two things that I could do:
- I could do the restoring myself. You already stated that you don't support your mod anymore, and so it wouldn't completely be fair to correct something I did. But in this case I would not include any new items in this patch: only restore it to the original form, since I can't see what you'd like
- If you don't like it that other people might be using your mod in the state it is in in this mod pack, I could make a version 1.1 as soon as the patch (done by you or me) is out, where the troops.txt is replaced by this new one. That way any further damage (by damage I mean people playing further the mod pack with the slightly modified mod) would be prefented until I release the next version with the new troop tree.

Furthermore I'd like to say to everyone else: I don't want any discussion about this in public. If you want to express your feelings about this to me, please send me a pm. Some people have done so already, and I thank them for it :smile: (and I'll reply in a few minutes... just had to write this first). A discussion about the do's and don'ts can only end in a flamewar and a lot of bans, which I don't want under any circumstances.

TheKommissar: Sorry, no estimate yet. I'm working very hard (on average 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week) on the next version. There will be more than just PL, and I want to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible. I can assure you that it won't be this week though.

I thank you for your very level headed and sincere response there monnikje.
Some people seem to think ive been deeply offended by these changes or something.

Im not, its just that im annoyed that the thing i spent most time on when making my mod, are now changed when you incorporated it into this mod.

Im not angry, im just annoyed since i use this mod now (dont have my old one) and i want the original thought on the equipment of the troops back. Thats all.

Im gonna make the patch/submod only because i play the mod myself and im gonna include alot of the new items as well, only in a way that it fits with my original thought behind it.

also, im not *supporting* my old mod since its no longer up to date with the latest M&B patches and im not updating it. That doesnt mean ive dropped all ties to it tho. Im just not updating it (witch in my book, is the same as not supporting it).

anyway, i should be done sometime this week. Like you said, its minor changes. The thing that will take the most time is going through the new items and checking how they look so i can decide if they fit in with the general look of the units or not.

youve done a great job on this mod monnikje, and i commend you for it. I hope you realise that there are no hard feelings between us, i just want to change some stuff around.

@monnikje, i just hope the patch he (Oddball_E:cool: will be making will just be an optional one. I myself prefer your modified version of his troop.txt and I wouldn't want to play Floris Mod pack using his unmodified magus mod pack.

Also, thumbs up for being so cool.  You're the man. :cool:

PadrePio said:
@monnikje, i just hope the patch he (Oddball_E:cool: will be making will just be an optional one. I myself prefer your modified version of his troop.txt and I wouldn't want to play Floris Mod pack using his unmodified magus mod pack.

Also, thumbs up for being so cool.  You're the man. :cool:

nothing is changed other than the equipment, so i dont understand what your aversion to it is.
It will, however, be a completely separate thing.

I very much enjoy the mod and would like to thank the developers for devoting time to it, though I think I've encountered a bug.  All the new unarmored mounts (all rounceys, donkeys, mules, ponies, and camels, as well as all new colors of coursers, destriers, and sumpters) have armor value 0, while the original corresponding horses had non-zero armor values of at least 8 and sometimes as high as 18 for "heavy" varieties.

I suspect the bug originates within the More Horses mod - it has been mentioned on that thread, once, and was never addressed it seems. While the solution is likely to arise there and not here, I thought it worth mentioning.

Other than getting unhorsed excessively (until I get Ride up to 4 and can ride something sturdier) I'm having a great time.

Vince7403 said:
I very much enjoy the mod and would like to thank the developers for devoting time to it, though I think I've encountered a bug.  All the new unarmored mounts (all rounceys, donkeys, mules, ponies, and camels, as well as all new colors of coursers, destriers, and sumpters) have armor value 0, while the original corresponding horses had non-zero armor values of at least 8 and sometimes as high as 18 for "heavy" varieties.

I suspect the bug originates within the More Horses mod - it has been mentioned on that thread, once, and was never addressed it seems. While the solution is likely to arise there and not here, I thought it worth mentioning.

Other than getting unhorsed excessively (until I get Ride up to 4 and can ride something sturdier) I'm having a great time.

I noticed this as well and came to the same conclusion. It might just be that the More Horses Mod did not add armor onto those horses.

Oddball_E8: Good to hear you're thinking about it this way. There are indeed no hard feelings between us :smile:. I'll await your patch, and leave it an optional feature. As soon as you release it, just post the url to the file here (or pm it to me), and I'll add it to the first post, so everyone can find it back pretty quick. I'll make sure the next version and your patch will be compatible, and remain so.

Still I'll replace the troop tree by my own design, since I don't want any future irritations. It seems that our ideas differ slightly. And then there's really something different to choose from. I hope you don't mind that your troop tree will be the inspirational source (which makes it easier to keep it savegame compatible, and well, I still admire it).

Good luck with going through the equipment. It's a lot, but still less than you'd expect: there's quite a lot of variations on the same items (especially in OSP Item Variants v1.6 I included), which should make the process easier.

PadrePio: Don't worry, like Oddball_E8 said, it will be optional.

Vince7403 & Slots: Thanks for pointing that out :smile:. It's indeed something both the More Horses and More Warhorses mods didn't add. I had already seen it, and am glad to say that I fixed it yesterday. So expect in the next version to sit a little bit longer on your horse.

*Snipped in Vince and Mno's/my post
Vince7403 said:

wanderer949 said:
Mno said:
But a lot of those horses get 0 armor, even heavy variants. This can't be correct, right?
thats how I like it, those are the horse stats i play with. the unarmoured horses do have no Armour do they not  :razz:

Monnikje could change this if he feels this is warranted. Other that that, it's no bug.
When compiling different (aspects of) mods, you sometimes have the need to edit certain parts of the mods you include to make it function within the whole.

monnikje said:
Still I'll replace the troop tree by my own design, since I don't want any future irritations. It seems that our ideas differ slightly. And then there's really something different to choose from. I hope you don't mind that your troop tree will be the inspirational source (which makes it easier to keep it savegame compatible, and well, I still admire it).

not a problem... if you make it yours, it will indeed be yours :grin:
i had a vision for the troop tree since its what got me modding in the first place, and i can talk to you about that via pm if you want, but its not a big deal for anyone except me :razz:
Im curious tho, as to what your ideas are for the troop trees.
I changed the Rhodoks from a more or less dismounted swadian faction into a faction heavily inspried by the eastern roman empire (or byzantium if you want), ie. a remnant of a dying empire that once ruled all the kingdom.
the other factions were a bit more "vanilla" but still based on "real" areas in medieval europe and asia.

anyway, im looking forward to seeing your vision for the factions troop tree :grin: then mine can truely be an alternative (instead of just a "patched" version)

EDIT: and about the horses, i think you should make two versions. one with the normal armor values added to the new horses, and one where the armor values of the old horses have been changed to fit with the new ones (so no armor on unarmored horses, witch i think is very realistic)

Be careful Oddball you might end up supporting this mod  :lol:

(Which would be very cool, cuz i love thought through faction mods :grin:)

This is nearly, nearly, my perfect mod compilation. I'm not a fan of Total Conversions. That's why I'm in love with El Arte de la Guerra but the most recent version added a broken shield bash and I'm awaiting the fix.

All you need to add now is:
Auto-loot system
Custom Camera/Battle continuation mod

Add these two and I will be in love with you. :smile:

Edit: I just noticed that Diplomacy includes the two I asked for. /facepalm.

This 'is' the best mod. :smile:

I was just joking about the discussion, when people asked you whether you still supported (your own) Magus mod :wink:

Hi Floris,
Congrat for your mod !
I came down on one bug though. Running a saved game from native (with modified troops.txt)
All the message logs disappear and I get this

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: -1 LINE NO 20
At script: get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: -1 LINE NO 20

and so on
when I display the "recent messages" tab

Any ideas on this problem ?

Duh said:
I was just joking about the discussion, when people asked you whether you still supported (your own) Magus mod :wink:

oh heh, well ive been met with some aggression on the boards lately so i guess i was just on the defense.

yeah, my old mod will still stay unsupported and unupdated tho. Since this mod includes it with alot more added as well... and since its only minor things that i want to change with the way the troop tree is set up so my mod will more or less live on in this one.

For me it all looks great! Only one thing (for me)could this compilation make better- The mod with more companions.

Cheers!:smile:

monnikje said:
Adding many more companions would make it unfortunately not savegame compatible, something I do want for the versions to come.
-Long explanation, blah blah yadda yadda edited by Duh -
I want to keep the next version savegame compatible, so unfortunately, no, I won't be adding more companions or Malik Faris' mod. Maybe at a later date, but not now.

Malik Faris has by the way written an excelent tutorial on adding your own companions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html

As you can see if more companions come it will be at a later date, but you can add them yourself, if you dont want to wait :wink: check the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom