Author Topic: [S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic  (Read 272461 times)

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Monnikje
  • WB
[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic
« on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »
I started my After Action Report (AAR) Me, Floris with native, but in the course of a few months I added more and more mods to enhance my gameplay experience. This grew to a stunning large amount, all working together. I decided to combine these all into two Mod Packs: the Floris Basic Mod Pack, which is compatible with any Warband version as far as I know, and the Floris Expanded Mod Pack, which adds more features but is only compatible with the latest version. Here are some general notes:
  • Since a lot of mods are combined, both packs are enormous in size (each larger than the entire game!). This might strain slower pc's. If the expanded version is too much for your computer, you might want to try the basic version.
  • Because of this enormous size, the loading time of the mod is longer than you are used to. Have patience!
  • The basic version is compatible with any native savegame. The expanded version is only compatible with native or diplomacy savegames if you remove the Floris npc from troops.txt. You can download this file also here.
  • If you have any request for an additional mod to be added, just post in the topic or pm me, and I'll see what I can arrange for the next version.
  • If you want to use this pack in your own mod, you'll have to ask the authors of each mod in this pack for their permission (check the respective topics!). For the stuff created by me: you can use it as long as you give credit. It would be nice to let me know you've used it. See the post below for more information about using (parts of) this pack for your own mods.
  • Always make a backup of your native files, so you can easily revert back if you want to.
Now let's go to the packs.

Floris Basic Mod Pack
Version: 2.0
Compatibility: 1.1xx
Download: Easyshare, MegaUpload and a Torrent
MBRepository: The Music and The rest of the Basic Pack
Download size: 709 MB
Unpacked size: 1.56 GB

OPTIONAL PATCH: Download
This is a reworked troop tree by RalliX!

This pack combines the following 31 mods:
Features:
From the mods:
  • All arena's are overhauled, bringing more challenges and diversity to the fights there.
  • All training grounds have been overhauled, making them less boring.
  • New and more banners to choose from.
  • Coloured faction arms instead of those black-transparent ones.
  • 9 castles have been replaced by old English ones, 4 have been replaced by other castles. The rest of the towns and castles have been customized.
  • New and improved sound effects.
  • 1478 new items
  • 104 new songs to listen to during your game.

The following I added myself:
  • I changed the stats of quite a few items. Take for example the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.

Changelog:
(click to show/hide)

Installation guide:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:19:52 AM by monnikje »

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
Re: [S] Floris Mod Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
Floris Expanded Mod Pack
Version: 2.01
Compatibility: 1.132
Download: Easyshare, MegaUpload and a Torrent
MBRepository: The Music and The rest of the Expanded Pack
Download size: 816 MB
Unpacked size: 1.79 GB

If you want to load a savegame from native, you'll need some changed files, which you can find over here: Easyshare, MegaUpload, Filefront, Mediafire, MBRepository and a Torrent
You can download the source code for this version over here: Easyshare, MegaUpload, Filefront, Mediafire, MBRepository and a Torrent

Currently the maximum number of units in a battle is capped at 150, even if you use the Battle Sizer. Thanks to Caba'drin you only have to download an adjusted presentation.txt: Mediafire
The maximum cap is then set to 1000. If you want another number, you can follow these steps:
(click to show/hide)

OPTIONAL PATCH: MBRepository
This is the Magus Mod troop tree reworked by Oddball_E8!

The Floris Expanded Mod Pack combines the following 46 mods (the ones not found in the Basic pack are italic):
Furthermore, it also features the following 4 scripts:
Features:
From the mods:
  • All arena's having overhauled, bringing more challenges and diversity to the fights there.
  • All training grounds have been overhauled, making them less boring.
  • New and more banners to choose from.
  • A lot of Custom Commander options:
(click to show/hide)
  • A lot of new diplomatic features:
(click to show/hide)
  • New presentations for some reports.
  • New options before battle
  • Fancier water
  • Wider horizons
  • Nicer blood
  • Coloured faction arms instead of those black-transparent ones.
  • Polished landscapes and skies
  • 9 castles have been replaced by old English ones, 4 have been replaced by other castles. The rest of the towns and castles have been customized.
  • New and improved sound effects.
  • New combat animations.
  • 1510 new items
  • 104 new songs to listen to during your game.

The following I've added myself:
  • A new npc: you can now hire Floris himself into your party! And yes, I've written all his dialogues.
  • The Floris King Logos are now on boards outside the taverns.
  • The first two banners have been replaced by the one of Holland, and my own family weapon.
  • I've rebuilded the python files for Utrehd's Music Pack v0.8. Apparently there were more songs in this pack than were actually used. I solved that, and made sure the songs were to be used alongside the originals, not replacing them.
  • I've given some troops items from the new and expanded list. This means that the new items aren't just available, but also readily used!
  • I changed the stats of all the new horses: it now makes a small difference if you take for example a brown or black steppe horse.
  • Complete new faces for all women.
  • Totally new troop tree:
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Changelog:
(click to show/hide)

Installation guide:
(click to show/hide)

Copyrights:
(click to show/hide)

Other Credits:
(click to show/hide)

Converting savegames:
(click to show/hide)

FAQ
(click to show/hide)

Disclaimer: Even though I did my best to make the mod pack as bug free as possible, it's possible that I have overlooked something. Don't panic, but instead report the bug as accurate as p=ossible, so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:17:10 PM by monnikje »

Adorno

• Bedroom Assassin
  • External Developer
  • I am not an animal!
    • YouTube - Adorno1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Adorno
  • WBNWM&BVC
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
A lot of good stuff compiled here.

Robis

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AB_Robis_One_Kenobi
  • WB
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:46 PM »
It sounds interesting, expecially after my pc crashed with my own personal mod within (all the troop tree with all the Thick stuffs). So i was thinking to use your expanded mod when my pc will be back (if it will), but the troop tree seems too long and deleting the faction specific troops, but maybe i'm wrong. And i can't see swadians with bows  :mrgreen:

thick1988

• Master Knight
  • Back in business
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Thick1988
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »
Looks like a great compilation!  :D

Scully

• Baron
  • :O
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Baron_Helmut_Schnitzelnazi
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
Screens? Does it look ridiculous with so much different work by different mods?

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
Adorno: Indeed. Many credits to all the authors of the different mods (including you :)).

Robis: The troop tree is indeed larger, but it adds also many different paths towards the same top tier units. Personally I like this troop tree, that's why I included it.
You can also use the basic version, and use the Python Files from the Diplomacy mod to merge it into your own style. That's the way I did it.

thick1988: Thank! It is :).

Scully: It doesn't look ridiculous, the mods work perfectly together. I'll post some screenshots soon: I first have to go to work. When I'm back I'll post some.

Blead

• Count
  • Einherjar at heart, Shieldings as brother
    • Steam - killerblead
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
Great just what I was hoping for!

I do have a question. Do I need to start a new game with this module or could I use a saved game from the native module?
The axe is mightier than the pen.

Robis

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AB_Robis_One_Kenobi
  • WB
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »

Robis: The troop tree is indeed larger, but it adds also many different paths towards the same top tier units. Personally I like this troop tree, that's why I included it.
You can also use the basic version, and use the Python Files from the Diplomacy mod to merge it into your own style. That's the way I did it.

if i can save my own troop file i can use it, but i should rework each unit with all the nice new stuff u included isntead of only the awesome thick's variants

PadrePio

• Sergeant
  • Dum spiro, spero.
    • View Profile
    • Sa Kumbento ni PadrePio
  • MP nick: Lysander Blackmoney
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
Thank you. I have been waiting for this.  8-)

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
killer-blead: Glad to be of service :).
To answer your question: both yes and no.
Yes: it does start, gives you no errors and allows you to continue playing with your native savegame.
No: it does screw up the listing of the npc's. Harlaus is suddenly named Floris, Arwa the Pearled one is suddenly a guy and so on. This problem is there because I added a new companion, and it comes in front of the kings,knights and ladies. They are all shifted by one. Floris thus screws up the day...
Solution: Replace the troops.txt by this file. I disabled the Floris npc in it. Too bad you can't have this new companion with your old savegame, but you can enjoy the rest of the mod with your old savefile :).

Robis: That's going to be a lot of work :(. But I hope you can save your troops.txt, because it would save the trouble of rebuilding that.

PadrePio: You're welcome :).

Malik Faris

• Squire
  • Has over 9000 companions
    • Steam - Gespenstmkii
    • YouTube - UCkKd-3FJqj9t3wU82FXIp-w
    • View Profile
    • Lots of Companions for Warband.
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Malik_Faris
  • WBWF&SM&BNW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
a quick question about the expanded version:
2. Copy all the directories you find in this pack to your main Mount & Blade Warband directory (Click yes to overwriting).

does that mean i HAVE to overwrite the files that are NOT in the modules copies of native i have?
because wouldnt this then conflict with any other mods i have?
couldnt you edit your mod so it loads the custom textures only for itself?

monnikje

• jipjipjip
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 09:59:38 PM »
There are seven files in the main Textures map. Six of them are the faction logo's: instead of this:
(click to show/hide)
you'll get this:
(click to show/hide)
These are by the way also in the basic mod pack.

The seventh file is one that replaces the normal logo's outside the tavern with ones from Floris.

Unfortunately I'm not able to edit these seven files into just a mod (does anyone know that perhaps?), so these changes apply to all your modules. But since they are mere replacements of some pictures, they won't conflict with any of them. Luckily they are not essential, and you can run the mod perfectly fine without them :). Therefor, if you don't want it, you don't have to copy that. The necessary textures are all within the module.

Malik Faris

• Squire
  • Has over 9000 companions
    • Steam - Gespenstmkii
    • YouTube - UCkKd-3FJqj9t3wU82FXIp-w
    • View Profile
    • Lots of Companions for Warband.
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Malik_Faris
  • WBWF&SM&BNW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
oh okay phew, i thought it would change all the  castles and new items to mods they dont belong in, if its only floris king and the new banners that's perfectly acceptable for all mods.

Piipe

• Veteran
  • Legend For Ever!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: MrPiipe
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
Awesome!