I can't kill captured lords

Users who are viewing this thread

mefaba

Recruit
This is a 2 part question:

First part:

I am a vassal of Cyning Cynegils Ceolrising, King of Gewissae. He gave me a quest to capture a Glastenic lord and bring the prisoner to him.

I managed to capture Lord Udd Tewdwr ap Peredur and went to the king. When I talk to him about the quest, there's only 2 replies for me to select. "I am still working on it" and "I can't do it" (or something like that). There's no answer about the completion of the quest. Any idea why this happens?

Second Part:

After everything I tried to complete the quest, I finally told the king I couldn't complete the mission, even though I had the prisoner lord with me. I was so frustrated with this problem so I decided to kill the b.stard who caused all this problems. (Better be hated than loved eh?) Now I read somewhere in this forum that you need to have -100 relation with the lord in order to kill him. I did this by telling him "you are my prisoner now" over and over. Everytime I told this I got -1 relation with him. I finally reached -100. But now I can't kill him.  I can easily kill other prisoners but can't kill this lord.

How do I kill him?

That quest is same that native. It look that lord send money by prisioner, you need wait or something.

About kill lord, if you have -100, you should see this dialog when speak him:

{Lord name}, you have committed crimes against the {k}, for which you will now stand trial.^How plead you?

Eye!, kill to a lord mean much things in game.

You can wait somebody send money by him too.

Just now I check my relation. It's -100.

I speak to him but I see only 3 options:

- You are free to go.
- You will remain my prisoner.
- You have commited high treason.

Yes I tried it. Then my character says: "Vah, you are scum I wantnt look at you."

And nothing happens. The lord's still my prisoner.

There 3 options here:

1- Vah, you are scum, i wantnt look at you - if you have -30 or less relation with him
2-For your crimes I condemn you to 30 lashes and I'll show you chained in the villages. - if you have -1 or less relation with him
3-{name}, you have committed crimes against the {k}, for which you will now stand trial.^How plead you? - you have -100 relation. Here he can be kill.

have you saw 1 and 2?

Idibil said:
There 3 options here:

1- Vah, you are scum, i wantnt look at you - if you have -30 or less relation with him
2-For your crimes I condemn you to 30 lashes and I'll show you chained in the villages. - if you have -1 or less relation with him
3-{name}, you have committed crimes against the {k}, for which you will now stand trial.^How plead you? - you have -100 relation. Here he can be kill.

have you saw 1 and 2?

When I have -100 relation and talk with him, I select "You have commited high treason." And it automaticly says "Vah, you are scum, i wantnt look at you". I don't see any other options.

I have seen 1 and 2.

Why do you have to absolutely hate the guts of an enemy lord to be able to kill him? -100 is hard to get; in fact, I've never seen -100 in any of my m&b games, and I had this game for a long time.

I don't see the logic of having to restrain yourself from sending a man to the gallows who had just looted your villages, laid sieges to your castles, killed hundreds of your men in battle etc., just because  you really really really dislike him(<-50):smile:, but you don't hate him more than anyone else(-100).

I'd say the player should be able to kill even if his relations are high, but suffer from major honor/relationship hits accordingly. Say, -1 or -2 relation to everyone and every kingdom and -5 to -10 honor for each 10 relations above -50 the player has with the deceased lord. So, if you hate him (-50) when you killed him, you get even. If you liked him (50), you get -10 (or -20) relation with kingdoms/ladies/lords/your wife/your horse etc. and -50 to -100 honor.

Wouldn't this make more sense?

it should be difficult moral/political kill to lord for a character in medieval times. If you kill him you need good motive for that others lords dont think bad of you and they hate you.
We have add -100 relation, that it is same that say that there are big hate enter lord and you.

The relation system in this mod seems a bit different from native. In my experience, it's actually fairly easy to get in a serious feud with someone, especially if you're ruthless. Like in my current game I have at least -80 relationship with all Dumnonian lords, because I raided all their villages a couple of times (and got filthy rich, so it was well worth it). Two lords also have a solid -100 relation with me.

Besides, if you really want to kill some punk, you can always start spamming the "You will remain my prisoner" option when talking to a captive lord, since it makes you lose some relation with him.

I think during this time period it was more common to kill enemy lords than during the later feudal era where ransoming was common.  This time period was more savage, migration of peoples, conflict between the saxons, britons, picts, ect.  If you are at war and you capture an enemy leader, execution was a very legitimate option.

Just look what Aella did with Ragnar Lodbrok and what Ragnar's sons did with Aella, and that was in ninth century! I think that in seventh century nobles would kill other nobles without hestitation if they capture them in battle. But still it should give a huge honour hit (I mean REALLY huge, not -10 or even -40)

i cant kill a lord my relation with him is -100 and my honor is -103 its just dosnt have an option to kill him .
all it sais is you have committed high treason then nothing after that

You should see these options:

-Vah, you are scum, i wantnt look at you.
-For your crimes I condemn you to 30 lashes and I'll show you chained in the villages.
-{s1}, you have committed crimes against the {s2}, for which you will now stand trial.^How plead you?

Last option you would see:

-You do not deserve leiniency.  You must pay for your crimes with your life.
With this option you can kill him

I'm guessing my decision to kill the king of a rival faction was a terrible idea? I'm now at war with every faction and even my own towns and villages hate me.

I have tried a different path with captured lords, I set them free and get better relations and honor. I am going to revolt against my king and take castles and goal to start my own fraction. I found this useful when fighting multiple armies. When II fought a hard battle and suffered 50% casualties and then was set open another lord. This was one I set free before, I asked if I could avoid having to fight him and he agreed he owed me a favor and let me go. It saved me from getting crushed and I was able to live to fight another day.

i have a couple of questions.

1. After you kill a lord, does anybody replace him? Or is Brytenwalda populated with one lord less for good?
2. Can you theoretiacally kill all the lords of Brytenwalda?
3. Do you have any relationship/honor/reknown hit after you kill a lord that has -100 relationship with you?

Back
Top Bottom