What's your IQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Night Ninja said:
A simple number tells you **** all about someones IQ since there are different tests with different scales. 140 on one could be 100 on the other.

Correct, if we all took the same one though then that would help to give us some sort of insight as to whose brain is more efficient.

As for people saying it's total bollocks, it's no coincidence that all geniuses have high IQ's. (I'm not saying it's spot on though either, I just think that it does hold some merit.)

It's just logic. You could be the most logical person on earth and get something silly like 300 and still be an idiot.

(160ish, IIRC)

Swadius said:
The average is 100. It gets reset to this for every generation.

Really? So if the average IQ goes up, 100 will represent what was for example 102 before? How do they calculate the average tho? It's not really represented by education (or it shouldn't), sex, age etc... A guy with 210 IQ (i think) was found and had been a bouncer for his whole life.

I heard it from the lecturer of psychology a few years ago. Evidently, either people are getting better at writing these tests, or the tests are becoming worse. In any case, I can't be arsed to dig up my notes on the subject.

Calodine said:
It's just logic. You could be the most logical person on earth and get something silly like 300 and still be an idiot.

(160ish, IIRC)

You can't be logical and stupid. That's... illogical. Logic is one of the primary things that defines intelligence in humans. And there is at least correlation between IQ and other measures of intelligence we use. Those with higher IQs will generally do better in school, make more money, live longer, and so on. It's not like it it's not a direct measurement of intelligence but it does give you a rough idea of how you compare to the "norm," which in this case is 100.

For the lols I took a quick IQ test online and it gave me 127, which seems fairly reasonable.

And I'm pretty sure what Swadius says is true. 100 is intended to be the average for these tests so if the average starts to shift they then shift around the 100 position. It's a relative form of measurement, not an absolute one.

Well I just randomly clicked an answer each time, took all of a minute. Final IQ? 113. What a crock of ****.

EdwardWellcraft said:
Calodine said:

(160ish, IIRC)

You can't be logical and stupid. That's... illogical. Logic is one of the primary things that defines intelligence in humans. And there is at least correlation between IQ and other measures of intelligence we use. Those with higher IQs will generally do better in school, make more money, live longer, and so on. It's not like it it's not a direct measurement of intelligence but it does give you a rough idea of how you compare to the "norm," which in this case is 100.

For the lols I took a quick IQ test online and it gave me 127, which seems fairly reasonable.

And I'm pretty sure what Swadius says is true. 100 is intended to be the average for these tests so if the average starts to shift they then shift around the 100 position. It's a relative form of measurement, not an absolute one.

Just look at the repartition curve and you'll see it's relative.

Also yeah, higher IQ does make school much easier. For example i just started highschool and i didn't have to study for any test since the age of 6, i'm not exagerating, it's litteraly 0 tests, not even the exam and i got away with 14/20 average (which was above other student's average, you have to include a ****load of dumbass kids in that average but still...). That and i used to draw in most classes (which got my arts marks up lol). It's not for the braging, it's just that i did see a corelation between those kids who showed some more smartness (usually the ones who don't have their pants under the ass and listen to hip hop, just giving the stereotype), who didn't study much (although i think i'm the only one with parents who didn't give a **** about whether i studied or not), and school results.

IQ is revelating of something, even if not "raw" intelligence, i shows a base on top of which personality probably plays a role, as well as education and external influences.

69, oh yeah I can kill someone in America and can get away with it!

Revilo said:
Well I just randomly clicked an answer each time, took all of a minute. Final IQ? 113. What a crock of ****.

Randomly clicking answers will ALWAYS give you a false report. Take it again and you're going to get another random number, while those who tried to answer to the best of their ability should get something reasonably close to their first try.

EdwardWellcraft said:
Revilo said:

Randomly clicking answers will ALWAYS give you a false report. Take it again and you're going to get another random number, while those who tried to answer to the best of their ability should get something reasonably close to their first try.

I got 87 for randomly clicking.

FrisianDude said:
Okay, **** you. Bill Gates is awesome.

He's a rich mother****er :/. Microsoft's aim is to **** the money out of you by selling you stuff not worth the price, but that you just have to buy because every usefull program is made for Windows and Wine doesn't work that well on Linux.

EdwardWellcraft said:
Calodine said:

(160ish, IIRC)

I disagree, a lot of people with high IQ can be very stupid, and even in different ways. For an example, autistic children can either be mentally retarded or supergenuises, this does not actually mean anything, since those considered mentally retarded can be perfectly fine intelligence wise, and altough the supergenuises have a high IQ, they completely suck at everything else such as tying your shoelaces and human interaction. There is different kinds of IQ, and the test is not sufficiant to say if someone is actually smart or not, since people in general takes more things into account, such as human interaction, common knowledge and etc. IQ does not tell if you are good at these things. Which is sort of necessary to get somewhere in life.

Back
Top Bottom