Gangs of Glasgow - The Old Firm - Part 1 - RELEASED JAN. 6th 2011!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Revan Shan said:
I see no dismemberment, but a masturbation anim, lol

I'll need to add that to the skills tree, then, under Weapon Master.  :lol:

Beeke said:
I've got to say, this looks like it will be a riot, both metaphorically and literally. Going to be a hell of a fun time!
Awesome job with the Glasgow mods!

Thanks man.  Pure fun is the aim, and I can test out all sorts of dumb stuff that would seem ridiculous in other mods as well.  It should be a good laugh when it's finished.

Flanged has invented the new gaming genre CSRF: Comedic Social Realistic Fantasy.
6jhbnr.jpg

You know what would be awesome? If you're just doing a mini-mod, you should add it to Full Invasion, if they'll take it. Riot police VS Fussball Hooligans.
That would be bloody awesome.

Oh, I just remembered... Did you see the shield-pic I posted in the request-thread you posted in Flanged?
I'll post them here as well if you missed it:

Don't mind the bad pic-quality :grin:
Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

QuailLover said:
amore555 said:
what's the wooooorrrdd flanged?

Knowing Flanged its probably one word...

Booze.

QuailLover is a wise and knowledgeable fellow, and in faith he speaks the truth.  Don;t worry, though, I'm still working on it, bit by bit.  Doing a lot of coding now, which takes me a long time - typos, incompetence, and the effort involved in stealing other people's code, you kow.  Plus, obviously, booze.  And Minecraft.

NaglFaar said:
You know what would be awesome? If you're just doing a mini-mod, you should add it to Full Invasion, if they'll take it. Riot police VS Fussball Hooligans.
That would be bloody awesome.

I haven't seen Full Invasion yet but I'll check it out and see if they want to add it once it's done.  When I say it's a mini-mod, I am still going to try and give yous a lot of battles to go through, plus some other types of missions that are proving difficult to put in - pseudo-stealth, sabotage, and other stuff. 

I want to add town-walkers and characters you can speak to to Quick Battles, and need to figure out a good way to do it.  Has it ever been done before?  I don;t get much time for trying out other mods to their fullest.  Any passing coders, feel free to PM if you can help.

NaglFaar said:
Oh, I just remembered... Did you see the shield-pic I posted in the request-thread you posted in Flanged?
I'll post them here as well if you missed it:

Don't mind the bad pic-quality :grin:
Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Nup, I didn't, and it's fecking perfect!  I love you man.  Send it me!  Send it me NAAOOO!

You've even textured it for me - I can add on the "Police" bit myself no problem, and then I'll be able to take the new Riot Squads off my to-do list.  Thanks Nagl.

Sushiman said:
Flanged said:
Minecraft.

[me= Sushiman]highfives Flanged [/me]

Minecraft is the main reason I'm behind on the mod.  That game eats TIME ITSELF!  I love it though.  Highfive!

FrisianDude said:
Haha, the disarming looked awesome. :lol:

It hasn't progressed much from when I first tried that method but, Inshallah ( :grin:), I will get it working perfect soon.  Not necessarily just for arms, either.

Well, yes and no.  I'm working on it, but it's still going to take a while - it seems it's impossible to put speaking characters into Quick Battle scenes, even by changing the mission templates, so I might need to use a world map after all.  That'll set it back a bit, but hopefully not by too long.  It'll make for a better game when it comes out though, instead of just a series of big random fights.  I want to try and give folk some choices in their path and how they tackle things, which can't really be done with just Quick Battles.

You'll see what I mean when I get it finished, but no deadlines this time around.

Adorno said:
As always your level of ambition is super high, wanting to do the impossible - and sometimes you do  :smile:

Well, I'm getting closer to doing something that was previously thought impossible, but unfortunately it still has a few bugs - the Forge will hopefully help me out with it. 

Still, things are improving on the dismemberment front:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DAkf9vHG4

:lol:

The arm looks and sounds like its a shield. So I think theoretically if the play had that shield equipped it would work.

QuailLover is right again - the arm is a shield, and the agent is set to take damage and play an anim when the shield is no longer equipped ('cos it's been busted by an axe). 

Technically, it could work on the player too, but only if they are using a one-handed weapon, with the arm-shield equipped, and a special body armor equipped as well - and they would have to promise never to unequip it during battle - UNLESS they can be set to keep it equipped whether they want to or not.

I want to change the sound it makes when it's broken - anybody know how to add a new shield-break sound, or are they hard-coded?  Currently there's a metal shield break sound and a wooden one - since most of the shields in Gog are metal, I might just change the wooden breaking sound to something more appropriate for a limb being severed.  Unfortunately, I've been using that sound for breakable wooden objects as well.

It's not any good for human heads yet, but might work for weird mutants or zombies - the head would still get swung around like a shield until it gets severed.

Back
Top Bottom