New scenes (update 30/12/2011: Saxon Village p. 32)

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
I have no idea.
Brubar said:
so how do you create  a new scene, or manage to make one with bigger size than native's single and multiplayer scenes?
I just edit existing scenes. Tried making bigger scenes once, but changes to terrain was never saved. Always reverted to flat  :sad:

Do you edit MP maps? 'cause I edited "ruins" and its very small, i did not even have the place to make a simple castle with a river by its side. There were too few place left...
I recall some of your scenes are quite big, am I wrong?

Adorno said:
No, I don't use multiplayer scenes. I edit castles, towns and villages. A few castle scenes are pretty big.
So all my scenes are just native size.
okay, is there a way to transfer what I've done in an MP scene to a SP scene?
I could paste the code in blue you spoke... shhh I'm terribly lost

No, you can't move scene props from one scene to another. They're connected.
You can try to make the scene bigger, but as I mentioned I have tried that and failed:
changes to terrain in the now bigger scene will not be saved.
But maybe others have a solution to that.

The blue - terrain - code I mentioned also contains info on the size of the scene. So I don't think that will work.

allright so I'll just edit a simple SP castle map (for example), and when I'm finished, I just have to search for the "code in blue" in the scene.txt to share it, is that right?
Gosh sorry, but I tend to complicate things... dont want to bother with this anymore, you have done more than a lot for me! thank you.

Btw it can be really slow to smoothen the map, even with all stats to "1"... I guess i have to work with that...

Brubar said:
allright so I'll just edit a simple SP castle map (for example), and when I'm finished, I just have to search for the "code in blue" in the scene.txt to share it, is that right?
To share the file you should send the scn.obj file. Look in the parties.txt to see the number of the castle
and then look in the sceneObj folder and find the scene (castle exterior).
The terrain code (the blue one I showed you) itself is only terrain.

Thanks but there is something weird. The castle's name is castle_7_12..... in parties.txt. As all castles named castles_7_X are danish castles. So there are like from castle_7_1 to castle_7_10.
The problem is there is only one scene pack (the 3 scenes for a castle) named castle_7. sco in the sceneobjects file. I should ask the mod boss.
Thanks for everything AdorNO (see? i got it right!) can't wait to see your work in 1.34

**EDIT btw Adorno, youre one of the few who edits SP maps for SP mods. How do you know, when editing a scene, to which sco file this scene is associated with? I mean how do you know which file to give to slave Idilis
sorry if i already asked you this, but the parties.txt does not give me any info about that.

Brubar said:
**EDIT btw Adorno, you're one of the few who edits SP maps for SP mods. How do you know, when editing a scene, to which sco file this scene is associated with? I mean how do you know which file to give to slave Idilis
sorry if i already asked you this, but the parties.txt does not give me any info about that.
Yes it does. Parties.txt shows the number of the castle/village/town. For example:

1 23 23 p_town_1 Cantwaraburh 4219916 ...

That means Cantwaraburh is town 1. Then you just go to the SceneObj folder and find the town 1 file.
If it's the town center it's called 'exterior', and if it's the siege scene it's called 'walls'.

Adorno said:
Yes it does. Parties.txt shows the number of the castle/village/town. For example:

1 23 23 p_town_1 Cantwaraburh 4219916 ...

That means Cantwaraburh is town 1. Then you just go to the SceneObj folder and find the town 1 file.
If it's the town center it's called 'exterior', and if it's the siege scene it's called 'walls'.
thanks for your answer but for me its as follows:

i was editing a castle named Absalons borg, which equals to "p_castle_7_15" in parties.txt. Number 7 means the factio (Denmark) and 15 the castle # (there are 23 danish castles, so p_castle_7_1 to p_castle_7_23)
When i go into the SceneObj folder, there is only 1 castle_7_exterior.sco - 1 castle_7_interior - and 1 castle_7_prison.
That's all. So i thought I edited castle_7_exterior and saved it. I had to reinstall the mod, so I did. Then i replaced the new castle_7_exterior with the one I saved, and bang! game crashes everytime i enter a courtyard, no matter what castle it is, even if its not a danish one...

You should ask the maker of that mod how he/she names the scenes. I'm not familiar with that way of doing it.
(What mod is it? I'm Danish, so a mod with 23 Danish castles I just have to know :smile: )
Brubar said:
game crashes everytime i enter a courtyard, no matter what castle it is, even if its not a danish one...
That's not good, and I don't see how replacing just one scene could make crashes in several scenes.

Adorno said:
You should ask the maker of that mod how he/she names the scenes. I'm not familiar with that way of doing it.
(What mod is it? I'm Danish, so a mod with 23 Danish castles I just have to know :smile: )
Brubar said:
game crashes everytime i enter a courtyard, no matter what castle it is, even if its not a danish one...
That's not good, and I don't see how replacing just one scene could make crashes in several scenes.
Its Europe 1200 :smile:
I asked him but he doesnt have a clue. Anyway, I tried the "last modified" trick, and turns out it's the castle_25_exterior.sco that i should have backuped the first time. Si i did lose it, but I have kept an old version on another computer so its not that bad.

Yeah youre not the first telling me that its not a scene problem. Probably a mesh thing or something, i will try some solutions and will get to you with an update, you ought to know for all you helped me with :smile:
Btw when you edit a scene in siege mode, how do you know the game does not save the ladders and destroyed walls within the common courtyard / visit scene (because its the same, the exterior one)?

23 Danish castles on that that little spot of land. Impressive.

Brubar said:
Btw when you edit a scene in siege mode, how do you know the game does not save the ladders and destroyed walls within the common courtyard / visit scene (because its the same, the exterior one)?
That's simple: Some objects are scripted to only spawn during a siege.
They're labeled something like: script_remove_siege_objects.

It's:
siege ladders 12-14 meters (not 6 & 8 meters)
village fire big
siege tower (and all the objects it consists of, like the wheels and the 'body')
battlefield smoke
all damaged walls (both wood and stone)

And maybe a few others.

So it's important to always test a new scene when it's done.

Adorno said:
23 Danish castles on that that little spot of land. Impressive.

Brubar said:
That's simple: Some objects are scripted to only spawn during a siege.
They're labeled something like: script_remove_siege_objects.

It's:
siege ladders 12-14 meters (not 6 & 8 meters)
village fire big
siege tower (and all the objects it consists of, like the wheels and the 'body')
battlefield smoke
all damaged walls (both wood and stone)

And maybe a few others.

So it's important to always test a new scene when it's done.

thanks that is soooo useful, i really am grateful!!!

about the 23 danish castles, thats what is written in the parties.txt I havent count them ingame, maybe there is lesser than that.
But the mod is reknown for its huge number of settlements, when finished, itll be incredibly enormous. Feel free to go and see some screenshots and info in our forum page!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,132.0.html

***EDIT

Hey how do I change a castle_interior???    I have tried to paste the .sco interior I wanted, but it only paste the objects - not the Castle Interior. The one i edit is originally made of the Stone dome circle and I want to replace it to a wooden interior...

thanks in advance

Brubar said:
***EDIT

Hey how do I change a castle_interior???    I have tried to paste the .sco interior I wanted, but it only paste the objects - not the Castle Interior. The one i edit is originally made of the Stone dome circle and I want to replace it to a wooden interior...

thanks in advance
I'm not sure actually. You could find a wooden interior scene and edit that,
and then ask someone with scripting experience to replace it for the stone dome.
So again, when it comes to swapping/moving about with scenes I'm a complete moron  :smile:

Morcant said:
Now please pray for those scene props to get in Brytenwalda. They were originally made by Vlad for Song of Taliesin, but he hasn't released them yet. Last month I was in contact with him and he was gathering his work, but since 3 weeks no more news.

WALLS AND GATE
15709974.jpg

79994297.jpg

75592898.jpg

88579902.jpg

44779364.jpg

HALLS
55626696.jpg

81057301.jpg

76104741.jpg

88792774.jpg

HOUSES

1812d.jpg

58936634.jpg

24846501.jpg

65355382.jpg

11687155.jpg

So please join my prays!

Any news on these?

I guess I'll make a couple of villages for Brytenwalda right away once you get those... :???:

Idibil said:
Have you assign props well in scenes?

("castle_31_interior",sf_indoors, "interior_castle_y", "bo_interior_castle_y", (-100,-100),(100,100),-100,"0",
    ["exit"],["castle_31_seneschal"]),
well that's useful! I only paste the "interior_castle_y", "bo_interior_castle_y" part and it worked... in the scenes.txt What are the other things you wrote, and where can i find / edit them??

thanks a lot Ibidil
Btw I thought that "entry point 2" was the entry point where the player appears after having left the castle. I placed it just outside the castle, but when i left the castle, i spawned at the "entry point 1", at the courtyard...
what can i have possibly done wrong?

Back
Top Bottom