Windows 7 crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Monoceros

Recruit
kelrouth: When Im playing a battle or something, the game crashes, how can I solve this? Is it something with my OS or with the game that makes it crashes? I have tried everything, lowering my graphic, it didnt help at all, re-installed, didnt help neither.

ilunar:
hey!

More info please  :grin:
Does native module causes crashes to you?
Which version of mount and blade are you using?
Which version of mod are you using?
Have you followed the installation readme?

[edit] any error messages?

Same problem :sad:

Native and other modules run perfect...
M&B v. 1.011...
Downloaded yesterday, so newest version of mod...
Of course...
+ Game dont crash if i am alive but after i die and something "big" happend (new enemies, reinforcements), widnows says that program stop working :sad:
+ Often during saving it crash whit message about some vortex buffer or somthing :razz:
+ Less often, when i come into the city says that M&B required runtime application in unusual way (dont know why windows dont like "unusual way" - just do it! :grin: )

Its really annoying restart game every 5 minutes  :evil: plus when you going to win hard battle  :cool:

PS: Sorry for my english :smile:

PROBABLY UNFIXABLE (ENGINE RELATED)

# I have windows 7 and a lot of crash bugs / freezes.
It seems crashes happen less frequently with Windows XP.  If you can, install M&B on a Windows XP partition.

OK... But i dont think that it is unfixable - other mods run well... I can handle with crashes but i need to save my games and i dont know and I can not imagine what ist connection among (between?  :lol: ) vertex buffer and saving games  :neutral:  :roll:

my game also does that i found out that it was my windows resolution, if you place it on desktop resolution it puts more strain on pc change the screen resolution for mount&blade so it puts less strain on the pc

I alredy play at desktop resolution if you mean that...i can try switch it on lower resolution (one think i dont try  :mrgreen: )(but for performance problems i have (i think)good comupter - quad core 2,9GHz; GeForce 8600) but i really dont know how can graphics affects SAVING GAMES, i can understand game crashes...  :neutral: maybe i am just brainless and i dont know it have affect so instruct me  :smile:

I tried start it with compabiliti for win XP SP3 (some license key problems appeared  :razz: ), then i dont get any problems with vortex but game crushing more often during combats (program stop working) and also there was more often problem with unusual runtime app...  :roll:  :???:

I thnink that modders may consider on this problem whit win 7, there are many peoples who have win 7 and getting this troubles...i cross this forum more carefully and i find many topics where was mentioned problem with win 7 and crushing game (so sorry i made another one :smile: it was night here...like now...i was inattentive :grin: )...

my SOD file in module doesn't even show up on my laptop so i know what you mean saved games problems(i can't see exported characters either), seems windows 7 hates mount&blade atm lol

OK i try it :smile:
Oh man... :grin: i set lowest resolution i can...i can see every pixel :grin: (+ i have quite big monitor), but it dont help...i play just one battle...right after "New enemies arrived" massage appeared, it fall :sad:

Why you think win 7 hates M&B? Just this mod :sad:  :twisted: I love combination of strategy and RPG action :sad: And i cant play it  :???: like on purpose...  :razz:  :cry:

I have the same problem I believe there is no such version, SoD is just a mod, which means it has limited crew and that they work voluntary anyway, so I am not expecting great optimization efforts here hehe
I use version 4.1 it works just fine, I guess some of new functions in 4.5 don't really get along with win7, as it happens with other software too (fortunately it's not so common)
If you are stuck with Win7 you either live with crashes or without new features  :cry:

ohforf said:
I have the same problem I believe there is no such version, SoD is just a mod, which means it has limited crew and that they work voluntary anyway, so I am not expecting great optimization efforts here hehe
I use version 4.1 it works just fine, I guess some of new functions in 4.5 don't really get along with win7, as it happens with other software too (fortunately it's not so common)
If you are stuck with Win7 you either live with crashes or without new features  :cry:

So version 4.1 works on Win7?
Where did you get the old version? I can't find the link for vers4.1.

El_Desperado said:
ohforf said:

So version 4.1 works on Win7?
Where did you get the old version? I can't find the link for vers4.1.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61979.msg1605553.html#msg1605553

Eventually after some play time, all the mods on the mount & Blade engine will do the same thing on Windows 7 OS. Taleworlds needs to make a compatibility patch for Windows 7 like what they did for Vista (patch 1.011)

Computica said:
Eventually after some play time, all the mods on the mount & Blade engine will do the same thing on Windows 7 OS. Taleworlds needs to make a compatibility patch for Windows 7 like what they did for Vista (patch 1.011)

Thats not true...i can play most of mods witheout crashes on win 7 :wink:

+ I think i fix this :smile: When somebody say, "set compability to XP" you set XP SP3 :smile: At least i do that...i try to set it on XP SP2, relocate/erase saved games, make new M&B folder with only this mod and set video options for performace 120%+- i dont know which think helps most, but together it works :smile: Also i recommend download patch, but dont set module SOD in Module>select module...click "add module" and set it like in spoiler here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127133.0.html

Back
Top Bottom