Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Comrade Temuzu said:
Pierce Elliot said:
I had the same problem. Is your Rome Total war installed under Program Files/Activision or Program Files/Rome - Total War? Cause it installs to Program Files/Rome-Total War and my game was under Program Files/Activision.

Quick note, if you are using Vista or Win7, install the RSII under lets say "My Documents" after running as an administrator. Then copy all of the contents into your rome total war directory.
Its... Under Activison :shock: Well Ill be. Would it work if I simply relocate all the files to the correct folder, or do I need to reinstall RS?

Nice screens btw.

Probably. and if not you can just overwrite it with the "My Documents" technique. It's how I had to do it.

Oh and as always. When fighting against an army which has superior units and superior numbers. Make sure to give them their worth:
hst6ap.jpg

Well, didnt work. I guess Ill be trying the "easy" way, reinstalling the whole game. But that will have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT. WAIT IT DID WORK! I JUST HAD TO USE THE LAUNCHER AT THE NEW FOLDER- **** I NEED THE CD!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It does have to wait until tomorrow :cry:

I'll forget that you are a commie this time and send you the link where you can download it.

Yes legal matters are difficult, but I think I have it down right and excused Talewords from any sort of support of Piracy since whatever is on these boards taleworlds is accountable for. So as long as I don't provide links to any suggestive sites involving material which can be used as piracy and only explain the legality of the issue as legal for my own country and you should check the legality in your own country, then I don't think Talewords is being accountable for anything. But I think I'm going to check with the Admins myself on the matter because it'd be disrespectful not too.

Well, even with this, it doesnt work. Freezes after going to the black screen, with a green text saying something about GTA Vice City in it :???:

That's supposed to be that way, wait for a few minutes and it'll load. Basically the ENB shader doesn't allow the load screen to work so the game is loading with the "ENB v.0005 GTA VICE CITY" up in the top left corner.

Eh, anyways, I'll consider a reinstall. Don't seem to have enough time for games nowadays, though, and the school year has just started.  :sad:

So it appears to me that adding the "Dark Bloom" shader to the game (If you go into the actual ENB files there is a bind to turn it off in game. This is Shift + F12 or Ctl + F12 or what I believe it actually is, F12. But I cannot be assed enough to look again) it actually adds more depth to the game (As you will notice, it makes shadows become more pronounced.), more so then increasing the resolution. Maybe it's just me, but it does seem to look better, well much better than the "Light Bloom" option as well. Though I'm going to look into making a custom shader just for kicks and giggles. Maybe even add a cell shader (Which would be awesome), though I'm making no promises.

Welp, started a campaign as Gallacia. Its an interesting game, fought 2 battles, my setting are on M/H (Campaign/Battle) and I just barely was able to beat the enemy in my latest battle. I lost about 2200 men, while the enemy lost all of his, 1800. I was left with about 1000 men. I blaim the quality of my troops and the fact that some of my men got stuck in the walls and couldnt move.

Hmm, Sparta seems quite interesting to play as. Quality over quantity, I presume?

Not really, it's more of "Defense over Offense" as it seems the spartans can hold a line for forever, but they don't seem to be capable of inflicting tons of damage on their own (I blame the slowness of the spears the greeks have.). Not saying they cannot inflict a lot of damage, but their power seems to be in just staying alive longer than the enemy.

Pierce Elliot said:
Not really, it's more of "Defense over Offense" as it seems the spartans can hold a line for forever, but they don't seem to be capable of inflicting tons of damage on their own (I blame the slowness of the spears the greeks have.). Not saying they cannot inflict a lot of damage, but their power seems to be in just staying alive longer than the enemy.

Same with the Romans. Now, I present, the Early Praetorians who fought under the Triumvirate/Caesar/Augustus. Shields are Augustan era though.
103977195-4.jpg

Some screens.

Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:
Roma Surrectum II.

rometwbi201009101713367.png
rometwbi201009101714450.png
rometwbi201009101716178.png
rometwbi201009101735387.png
rometwbi201009101737381.png
rometwbi201009101743239.png
rometwbi201009101749189.png
rometwbi201009101750462.png
rometwbi201009101750499.png

Edit:

Fresh Roman legion, just arrived to fight Carthaginians in Hispania.
rometwbi201009110913526.png

Gothic Knight said:
Nice. I see you stopped mixing Allies/Roman troops in legions. It makes retraining less of a hassle.

Yeah, since I made Capua a fortified city with the ability to train all type of troops, I've decided to make whole allied/Roman legions.  :smile:

Edit: I've just started Carthage campaign to try something different than Romans (I keep the old saved games, of course). Right after the first turn, Gaius Flaminius with his legion attacked the second, smaller Carthaginian army in Italy (that without a general). Look at the result -

The only screenshot, since I did not had Fraps on.
romasurrectumii.png

But after the heroic victory, Lucius Aemilius Paulus with his larger forces attacked the same army. I'm still playing the battle. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom