Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Comrade Temuzu said:
Actually, it seems like the mod requires a pure install of Rome. Does anyone know if this mod works even if I have EB installed?
Install Rome to a different folder? I don't know if it would work or not with EB, but I doubt it. I have two installs of Rome myself, a vanilla one and one for EB (I just copy and pasted the files xD).

It's usually never a good idea of installing two mods into a game if the game does not have a good interface or setup to switch between these mods. If you're worrying about saves and interface options, those can easily be preserved.

Sir Prince said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Actually, it seems like the mod requires a pure install of Rome. Does anyone know if this mod works even if I have EB installed?
Install Rome to a different folder? I don't know if it would work or not with EB, but I doubt it. I have two installs of Rome myself, a vanilla one and one for EB (I just copy and pasted the files xD).
Well thats the problem. I have already installed Rome, with EB, so I cant just copy paste it. And re-install isnt an option, as some of you might remember, my CD is almost broken, so it takes many tries to succesfully install Rome (The Julii Campaign intro file is corrupted or something).

EDIT. Anyway, I have apparently uninstalled EB at some point, so Im going to give this a try now. Screenys will come if this works. Also, what would be the... Simplest faction to play as, unit wise?

Gothic Knight said:
Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Ill try to play with max settings.

Make sure to inform us about it tomorrow.  :wink:

Go ahead and play it on max with no sprites and max veg.

I did right when I installed the mod, of course. Every other modification before this ran fine on highest settings, even RS 1.6. I'm able play RS II on the plains/steppes where is no vegetation on the max smoothly, though, but when I tried in forested areas with 5+ thousands of soldiers, it's actually unplayable.

The least complicated in my opinion would be the Gallaeci. When starting out you will have basically 3 choices for line infantry. Your typical Caetra equiped soldiers which are better at attack than the second infantry, the scutarii which have a larger shield and are better for defense. However you will fight heavily armored units when attacking cities so my advice would be to carry a few of the next infantry, which are basically axemen, because your Scutarii will be destroyed by heavy infantry and your Caetra soldiers will only last if you lob all your sticks at the enemy before engaging. Though the axemen are typically weaker in defense and offense except when that "Effective against armor" throws the tide of battle.

However Gallaeci's starting power seems to also rely on calvary. I don't use calvary much if at all so I dunno what to tell you on that. Though the infantry seems a capable enough lot.

Gothic Knight said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Ill try to play with max settings.

Make sure to inform us about it tomorrow.  :wink:

Go ahead and play it on max with no sprites and max veg.

I did right when I installed the mod, of course. Every other modification before this ran fine on highest settings, even RS 1.6. I'm able play RS II on the plains/steppes where is no vegetation on the max smoothly, though, but when I tried in forested areas with 5+ thousands of soldiers, it's actually unplayable.

Oh I know! When I first played this mod I wondered "Why the **** is this running slow!?" But then I turned vegetation to lowest and it's now amazing. Though medium still looks great.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Stiiiiiiiiiiiill installing..... Damn this is slow. I wonder why they didnt make it simpler?

WHAT? They even bothered to make the installer simpler for Steam users. And it is simple. Maybe your computer is slow (in that case, don't even try to run it  :lol:)?

Screw you guys, Im speshul. I can count to potato :3

Anyway, figured out the reason it didnt work out, apparently the files have to be still packed when placed to the final destination thing :roll:

EDIT. Well, managed to install it. But it wont let me start the game, three error pop up. The first one saying I havent installed in the right folder, even though I have, and then it says something about the campaign Im trying to play, and then some bull**** about the scripts. Im getting frustrated :neutral:

Comrade Temuzu said:
EDIT. Well, managed to install it. But it wont let me start the game, three error pop up. The first one saying I havent installed in the right folder, even though I have, and then it says something about the campaign Im trying to play, and then some bull**** about the scripts. Im getting frustrated :neutral:

TWCenter.net Roma Surrectum -> RS II Technical Help, Known Issues

Answer to 2nd and 3rd questions is this.
2nd-
23484242.jpg

3rd- Click the adviser and check if one denarii has been dropped into your treasury.

Marcus, have you gotten the Roman military system to work?

I had the same problem. Is your Rome Total war installed under Program Files/Activision or Program Files/Rome - Total War? Cause it installs to Program Files/Rome-Total War and my game was under Program Files/Activision.

Quick note, if you are using Vista or Win7, install the RSII under lets say "My Documents" after running as an administrator. Then copy all of the contents into your rome total war directory.

And so that people can get a feel for what this Mod is like I'm posting screen shots of a battle. Note that for some reason it looks like it's in 16bit color and I don't know why cause it's not in 16 bit color. Anyways...

I'm playing as the Greek City States (Terribly Trite I know). And am Assaulting a city starting with a 'B' but I don't know the name right now. Anyways, I already started and engaged the Enemy before taking screen shots because they seemed very disorderly so I came up with a quick plan after throwing in a quick skirmish line:

2di2ao8.jpg

The Yellow is my Skirmish line. Consists of some heavy peltasts and greek archers. Basically a fast assault to tie the enemy down while I organize (And because you only have a certain amount of time, and considering I have on Unit size as 'Large' and all these units save a few are heavily armored, it's going to be a long fight). So initializing my plan, I made a support line (The Blue lines) consisting of two phalanxes to tie up units coming from the road on the left flank. After this I took the remaining heavy infantry and, after sending in some Athenian Marines to reinforce the skirmish line, made a second line behind the skirmish line. Therefor after the skirmishers begin to break and I force an organized retreat, I can take my fresh line of Heavy infantry and demolish a tired enemy. Should be a fun filled fight.
And for some close-ups
The Original skirmish Line:
nq5us8.jpg

The Support Group in Action:
2q40f8g.jpg

The assault group, Standing by and ready to engage.
1zp5vh4.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm having fun with the Graphics settings. According to some Intel junkies overview of my X4500HD the "Hardware Vertex Processing" takes up 40% of the cards power. However if I turn that option off, I can run everything at high speeds (Simply because R:TW doesn't take advantage of TnL) However the added bloom effect doesn't work. So I'm stumped on whether or not I want to have high resolutions and turn my Intel Media Accelerator's Texture setting to High (Where as in the pictures it's on low) or keep the bloom lighting.

Pierce Elliot said:
I had the same problem. Is your Rome Total war installed under Program Files/Activision or Program Files/Rome - Total War? Cause it installs to Program Files/Rome-Total War and my game was under Program Files/Activision.

Quick note, if you are using Vista or Win7, install the RSII under lets say "My Documents" after running as an administrator. Then copy all of the contents into your rome total war directory.
Its... Under Activison :shock: Well Ill be. Would it work if I simply relocate all the files to the correct folder, or do I need to reinstall RS?

Nice screens btw.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Its... Under Activison :shock: Well Ill be. Would it work if I simply relocate all the files to the correct folder, or do I need to reinstall RS?

I would suggest reinstall. Just to make sure.

Pierce Elliot said:
EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm having fun with the Graphics settings. According to some Intel junkies overview of my X4500HD the "Hardware Vertex Processing" takes up 40% of the cards power. However if I turn that option off, I can run everything at high speeds (Simply because R:TW doesn't take advantage of TnL) However the added bloom effect doesn't work. So I'm stumped on whether or not I want to have high resolutions and turn my Intel Media Accelerator's Texture setting to High (Where as in the pictures it's on low) or keep the bloom lighting.

Screw the bloom. It's better without it IMO.

I'll post here some screenshots tomorrow too.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom