Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Well just have Paulus besiege one of your cities. There's no way you could lose then.

He attacked that army in the same turn, right after Flaminius. I cannot retreat, it is an open field battle. But I've decided to save the game and play it tomorrow. We will see. :smile:

Same with any Total War game really. I don't mind losing half my army in a 2000 plus per side battle, knowing I utterly destroyed theirs is enough comfort. It's when it gets to 400 vs 2000 I find it easy to not lose so much because of the easier micromanagement.

Okay, back in Roman campaign. I've just started the conquest of Hispania and sieged Saguntum with my Roman legion. Got counterattacked by equal-numbered Carthaginian army (3400 men) + garrison of Saguntum (about 1800 soldiers). The result -

rsii.png

After that, the game crashed.  :neutral:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Paulus? Stalingrad? No one caught that, really?

I really did not though of it that way.  :smile:
Anyway, I had lost that battle. My army just was not strong enough to beat his cohorts, even though I've destroyed half of his army (900 of 1800 with mine 1450).

Just had the biggest mother****ing battle Ive ever had. About 3000 on both sides, it lasted for an hour, I lost 1000 men and the enemy lost everything. Daumn :3

Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:
Okay, back in Roman campaign. I've just started the conquest of Hispania and sieged Saguntum with my Roman legion. Got counterattacked by equal-numbered Carthaginian army (3400 men) + garrison of Saguntum (about 1800 soldiers). The result -

rsii.png

Teach me your ways oh Mighty One! How on earth did you manage to lose only 400 men while killing over 5000?!  :eek:

Ambalon said:
Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:

rsii.png

Teach me your ways oh Mighty One! How on earth did you manage to lose only 400 men while killing over 5000?!  :eek:
Judging from the picture, he has silver level armour and weapons, plus his troops are experienced veterans with two or three bronze chevrons and even a couple of silver chevrons! As such I suspect his army was vastly superior to the enemies.

Sir Prince said:
Judging from the picture, he has silver level armour and weapons, plus his troops are experienced veterans with two or three bronze chevrons and even a couple of silver chevrons! As such I suspect his army was vastly superior to the enemies.

Carthaginian armies consisted mainly of Celtiberian spearmen (a little bit worse than my cohorts), some Iberian scutarii, Balearic Slingers and Iberian Medium cavalry. No weapon upgrades, one/two bronze chevrons. Reinforcements the same. I did not wanted to present it as unbelievable and great battle, but the victory was certainly not for free. Plus, I had chirurgeon with general.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Evilknightz said:
Whats the word...
Its... Uhm...

Ehm... what was the word, dammit?

Back
Top Bottom