Author Topic: Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod  (Read 20488 times)

Pierce Elliot

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • All the dignity you need in one smile.
    • View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
I had the same problem. Is your Rome Total war installed under Program Files/Activision or Program Files/Rome - Total War? Cause it installs to Program Files/Rome-Total War and my game was under Program Files/Activision.

Quick note, if you are using Vista or Win7, install the RSII under lets say "My Documents" after running as an administrator. Then copy all of the contents into your rome total war directory.
Its... Under Activison :shock: Well Ill be. Would it work if I simply relocate all the files to the correct folder, or do I need to reinstall RS?

Nice screens btw.

Probably. and if not you can just overwrite it with the "My Documents" technique. It's how I had to do it.

Oh and as always. When fighting against an army which has superior units and superior numbers. Make sure to give them their worth:
(click to show/hide)
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCE ELLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCE ELLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x2

Comrade Temuzu

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Remove smelly Kolechian from premises.
    • Steam - Temuzu
    • YouTube - Temekin
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: ComradeTemuzu
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »
Well, didnt work. I guess Ill be trying the "easy" way, reinstalling the whole game. But that will have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT. WAIT IT DID WORK! I JUST HAD TO USE THE LAUNCHER AT THE NEW FOLDER- SHIT I NEED THE CD!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It does have to wait until tomorrow :cry:

Marcus Fulvius Optimus

• Primus pilus of Legio X Fretensis/Cohors I Victrix
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Last Roman
  • M&B
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »
I'll forget that you are a commie this time and send you the link where you can download it.
"Roman, remember that you shall rule the nations by your authority, for this is to be your skill, to make peace the custom, to spare the conquered, and to wage war until the haughty are brought low!" - Publius Vergilius Maro
"We are slaves of the law in order that we may be able to be free." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Historia, magistra vitae ---- Roma Victrix! Roma Aeterna! 卍 卍卍 卍

Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
Yes legal matters are difficult, but I think I have it down right and excused Talewords from any sort of support of Piracy since whatever is on these boards taleworlds is accountable for. So as long as I don't provide links to any suggestive sites involving material which can be used as piracy and only explain the legality of the issue as legal for my own country and you should check the legality in your own country, then I don't think Talewords is being accountable for anything. But I think I'm going to check with the Admins myself on the matter because it'd be disrespectful not too.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCE ELLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU PIEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCE ELLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x2

Comrade Temuzu

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Temuzu
    • YouTube - Temekin
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
Well, even with this, it doesnt work. Freezes after going to the black screen, with a green text saying something about GTA Vice City in it :?

Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »
That's supposed to be that way, wait for a few minutes and it'll load. Basically the ENB shader doesn't allow the load screen to work so the game is loading with the "ENB v.0005 GTA VICE CITY" up in the top left corner.

Gothic Knight

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Modding warrior at your service.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWB
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »
Marcus, have you gotten the Roman military system to work?
Asking because I haven't encountered a plebeian centurion yet.

Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »
So this really sucks for Sparta:
(click to show/hide)

Gothic Knight

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Modding warrior at your service.
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »
Early-Mid Marian troops.
(click to show/hide)
Late Marian/Augustan- Imperial troops.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Familyguy

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • NW
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
Hmmm...looks promising...now I have to find my Rome Disks.... :/

I have NTW installed...just not RTW.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Flammen Königin
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Gentlemen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: TiberiusDecimusMaximus
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:32 AM »
Eh, anyways, I'll consider a reinstall. Don't seem to have enough time for games nowadays, though, and the school year has just started.  :(

Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2010, 05:55:09 AM »
So it appears to me that adding the "Dark Bloom" shader to the game (If you go into the actual ENB files there is a bind to turn it off in game. This is Shift + F12 or Ctl + F12 or what I believe it actually is, F12. But I cannot be assed enough to look again) it actually adds more depth to the game (As you will notice, it makes shadows become more pronounced.), more so then increasing the resolution. Maybe it's just me, but it does seem to look better, well much better than the "Light Bloom" option as well. Though I'm going to look into making a custom shader just for kicks and giggles. Maybe even add a cell shader (Which would be awesome), though I'm making no promises.

Comrade Temuzu

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Temuzu
    • YouTube - Temekin
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
Welp, started a campaign as Gallacia. Its an interesting game, fought 2 battles, my setting are on M/H (Campaign/Battle) and I just barely was able to beat the enemy in my latest battle. I lost about 2200 men, while the enemy lost all of his, 1800. I was left with about 1000 men. I blaim the quality of my troops and the fact that some of my men got stuck in the walls and couldnt move.

Hmm, Sparta seems quite interesting to play as. Quality over quantity, I presume?

Pierce Elliot

• View Profile
    • Curly Haired Geek
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »
Not really, it's more of "Defense over Offense" as it seems the spartans can hold a line for forever, but they don't seem to be capable of inflicting tons of damage on their own (I blame the slowness of the spears the greeks have.). Not saying they cannot inflict a lot of damage, but their power seems to be in just staying alive longer than the enemy.

Comrade Temuzu

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Temuzu
    • YouTube - Temekin
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
Considering on starting a new campaign, the first one was to test things out. Perhaps... Well I dont know, what do you guys recommend? :)