Roma Surrectum II - R:TW Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Gothic Knight said:
What faction are you playing? Just because you don't understand the units does not make the game stupid. What I don't understand is why Hannibal is visible ,yet if I move, he ambushes me.
Might be a feature, this mod has tons of strange ones.

Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:
What faction are you playing? Just because you don't understand the units does not make the game stupid. What I don't understand is why Hannibal is visible ,yet if I move, he ambushes me.
That I get raped by Hannibal in march formation if I move my army? :lol:

Naturally, I started as Sparta. My starting stacks consisted of the average amount of units you get, but I had hardly more than 2 of the same unit. And the recruitment window could scroll down about 5 clicks. ****ing really?

Gothic Knight said:
Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:
Might also be a glitch, it's the first version, yknow.

gamerwiz09 said:
Also, this game is stupid. There's too many ****ing units and I have no idea what each one does, how they're different, and their advantages/disadvantages.

And what did you felt when playing EB first? You will get used to it.

Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:
Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:

Historically, Flaminius was ambushed when marching by the Hannibal near Lake Trasimene. Hannibal is probably visible because you stand next to him, but he can't ambush you since Flaminius is coded to start there. It's certainly not glitch.

@Evilknightz: Strange features? Such as?

Marcus Fulvius Optimus said:
gamerwiz09 said:
Also, this game is stupid. There's too many ******** units and I have no idea what each one does, how they're different, and their advantages/disadvantages.

Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:
Evilknightz said:
Gothic Knight said:

Historically, Flaminius was ambushed when marching by the Hannibal near Lake Trasimene. Hannibal is probably visible because you stand next to him, but he can't ambush you since Flaminius is coded to start there. It's certainly not glitch.

@Evilknightz: Strange features? Such as?
Yea, I thought it was initially, but when the ambush loaded and there was no lake, I just shrugged and got owned.

Gothic Knight said:
Yea, I thought it was initially, but when the ambush loaded and there was no lake, I just shrugged and got owned.

You're supposed to get owned by Hannibal's better troops. About the lake, you know RTW. It seldomly generates any lakes or somesuch.

Gothic Knight said:

You're supposed to get owned by Hannibal's better troops. About the lake, you know RTW. It seldomly generates any lakes or somesuch.

I knew that. The army had Hannibal and his veteran army, that's why I shrugged and just tried to do a rout retreat.

Wait, there are a many, many, many, different units? That's good, I found EB to be lacking.

Gothic Knight said:
Pierce Elliot said:
Wait, there are a many, many, many, different units? That's good, I found EB to be lacking.

Seriously? Did you take advantage of the different governments for special units?
Yeah, however I really like Specificity. I like to have a specific unit that can take on specific roles.

By God...

rs03.jpg

Its full of stars.

Which mod do most prefer? RS 2 or EB? I've only played EB, though I'm thinking about trying out RS 2. I enjoyed EB for the most part, but there were some parts that annoyed me. One thing that annoyed me is that certain events couldn't happen before they did historically. Such as the reforms if you play Rome. In the mod, there are many more requirements in order for events to happen. Still, apart from a few complaints, I thought it was good.

gamerwiz09 said:
Also, this game is stupid. There's too many ******** units and I have no idea what each one does, how they're different, and their advantages/disadvantages.

The only time I felt overwhelmed by unit choice in EB was when I tried to play a custom battle :/

Well, I get off from school early tomorrow, so Im going to give this a try. Ill try to play with max settings. It looks even better than M2.

I can run it at an amazingly almost decent frame rate with everythingg aside from shadows on.  Goddamn this is hard to type on my phone.

Anyways. Thought the game added some interesting elements. Such as fighting city specifi c hopites. As well as many different units to choose from allowing me tocomplete a specific army for every task

Back
Top Bottom