The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

A couple of suggestion about the new plague system.

First, I think that ghoul caracters should be able to recruit Infected Men and Women from villages. It should work the same way as checking prices in town (you are block in the map but you can't be attacked). Amount of time should be based on Int ( knowledge and reflexion are needed to find evidence of Infected hidding somewhere) and the amount of Infected recruited should be based on Cha ( Infected will not leave their home easily).

Secondly, I was thinking about a plague breakthrough, with two way of working :

garrison : more infected and/ or rat = more infection at each check.

battle scene : At the end of a battle involving plague troops (Infected and rats), there would be a chance of mass infection of ennemies by plague (working the same way as normal infection, but in a greater scale). The chance would depend of the amount of plague troops involved. So, an attacker could use plague troops to run a suicide attack just to infect and decimate a town whereas a defender could repel an assault and just see plague decimate the siege army  :twisted:

FlyingSpaghetti said:
A couple of suggestion about the new plague system.

First, I think that ghoul caracters should be able to recruit Infected Men and Women from villages. It should work the same way as checking prices in town (you are block in the map but you can't be attacked). Amount of time should be based on Int ( knowledge and reflexion are needed to find evidence of Infected hidding somewhere) and the amount of Infected recruited should be based on Cha ( Infected will not leave their home easily).

Secondly, I was thinking about a plague breakthrough, with two way of working :

garrison : more infected and/ or rat = more infection at each check.

battle scene : At the end of a battle involving plague troops (Infected and rats), there would be a chance of mass infection of ennemies by plague (working the same way as normal infection, but in a greater scale). The chance would depend of the amount of plague troops involved. So, an attacker could use plague troops to run a suicide attack just to infect and decimate a town whereas a defender could repel an assault and just see plague decimate the siege army  :twisted:

1. Ghouls will be able to create Plague Rats, and then therefore "breed" their own Infected Men and Women. Infected Men and Women are not contagious though - they are just weakened troops. It will be the plague rats that spread the disease, which is actually historically accurate somewhat.

2. Any garrison or party containing plague rats will have a chance of turning each human troop in the party (excluding companions; i have not decided how to deal with plague with them until i can devise a system of permadeath for companions) into Infected Men or Women (depending on previous gender).

3. I had planned to include checks at the end of combat as well, for plague infection, if either parties have Plague Rats in them. One may become a rather successful Ghoul King, in time...

Thank you for your anwsers :smile:

I have another suggestion, inspired by "The Haunter of the Dark" by Lovecraft. I was thinking about a new artefact, made of clay, blood and crystal, wich can be used in the pre-battle menu (before a siege or a battle). It will allow you to summon a creature (
similar to those summoned to kill Renly Baratheon in GoT
) offering a sacrifice. The player could choose between Flesh, Heart, Brain and Liver. The offering and the statue should be consummed by the ritual. The side effect of this would be that every creature of the darkness have specific taste, so an offering wich could please one could anger another. In term of gameplay, creature actions would depend of the offering :
If the creature is very pleased, it could injure badly the army commander, causing the whole army to disband in fear (the lord could be back to his castle, like when defeated on the battlefied).
If the creature is pleased, it could kill a random amount of troops in the ennemy army.
If the creature is unpleased, you would have to fight it on the battlescene with your army.
If the creature is very unpleased, you would have to fight it alone.

Creature should be uncapturable and very powerful, making its summoning by a novice necromancer a risky gambling :smile:

That is very similar to the altar system in Ancient Domains of Mystery (one of my favorite games), only it is based on chaotic, neutral, or lawful alignment of the sacrificed creature.

The summoning of a Succubus/Incubus is somewhat like this, except that you are customizing their particular tastes based on what you add to the recipe. What you are talking about is essentially a creature like that, with random and frequent map checks to remove it from all parties in the game. That way it would be good for only one battle.

Something like this may appear at some point.

I beg that you consider the Warband porting method I have detailed here, or at least tolerate it so that others may enjoy.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321424.0.html

It uses your mod and the process Swyter mentions here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199809.0.html to get Solid and Shade working on Warband, at least on some level.

I take no credit for it; I just hope others can enjoy it as I have.

I was thinking about the new necro faction and I think that the player should be able to ultimately defy and banish Typhon in the way to take control of the faction. But it shouldn't be the end. A creature like typhon is not easily defeated and would try again and again to recover his kingdom.

that's how I imagine the thing :

- player could join the faction as a vassal, like vanilla factions.
- player could then do standard mission to improve relation with other lords as usual
- when he got enough reputation, one of the lord (randomly selected) could speak in secret with the player, telling him that for a reason or an other only the player is worthy of ruling the kingdom.
- then, the player could either launch the rebellion or try to make other nobles support him. In this case, he could ask the traitor lord how to discredit Typhon. It should unlock a quest to undermine Tyhphon power. He should choose between disrupt military power (sabotage, border incident), ruling power (insurection, tax robing) or necromantic power (ritual disruption, sabotage ingredient). The choice should determine which nobles will join the player.

If the player succeed to defeat Typhon, he gain the leadership of the realm. From that moment, a random occurence can happen in which Typhon come back leading a huge army to take back what is him. To end this rebellion, the player must defeat Typhon and take back any settlements conquered by him. But at each Typhon insurection, there is a chance that some noble join him. This chance should depend on the relation between the player and the noble and on the duration of the rebellion.

When a player crush a rebellion, he should have 3 choice for each traitorous noble :

- forgive him : increase relation whith traitorous nobles, decrease with loyalist.
- punish him : lord loose his possessions. decrease relation with the concerned noble
- execute him : kill the lord. increase relation whith loyalist nobles, decrease with traitors.

FlyingSpaghetti said:
I was thinking about the new necro faction and I think that the player should be able to ultimately defy and banish Typhon in the way to take control of the faction. But it shouldn't be the end. A creature like typhon is not easily defeated and would try again and again to recover his kingdom.

that's how I imagine the thing :

- player could join the faction as a vassal, like vanilla factions.
- player could then do standard mission to improve relation with other lords as usual
- when he got enough reputation, one of the lord (randomly selected) could speak in secret with the player, telling him that for a reason or an other only the player is worthy of ruling the kingdom.
- then, the player could either launch the rebellion or try to make other nobles support him. In this case, he could ask the traitor lord how to discredit Typhon. It should unlock a quest to undermine Tyhphon power. He should choose between disrupt military power (sabotage, border incident), ruling power (insurection, tax robing) or necromantic power (ritual disruption, sabotage ingredient). The choice should determine which nobles will join the player.

If the player succeed to defeat Typhon, he gain the leadership of the realm. From that moment, a random occurence can happen in which Typhon come back leading a huge army to take back what is him. To end this rebellion, the player must defeat Typhon and take back any settlements conquered by him. But at each Typhon insurection, there is a chance that some noble join him. This chance should depend on the relation between the player and the noble and on the duration of the rebellion.

When a player crush a rebellion, he should have 3 choice for each traitorous noble :

- forgive him : increase relation whith traitorous nobles, decrease with loyalist.
- punish him : lord loose his possessions. decrease relation with the concerned noble
- execute him : kill the lord. increase relation whith loyalist nobles, decrease with traitors.

I have already added an arc for a claimant to the Evil throne, which is accessible only if you become an Antihero. For the most part, it functions exactly like the other claimant quests, only there is an artifact weapon you can recover along the way as well. The goal of course is to stage a coup, and replace Typhon with the claimant.

Once some form of kingdom management is added, usurping thrones will be a thing anyway. I like the suggestion though - you'll more or less wind up getting what you want in time, rest assured. :grin:

Hey Nought i would love it if you added a few Knightly Armors to the game. Gained in various ways left to your choosing. I'm missing my Burgonet Trim!
o.jpg

th

th

I think a few armors without Supernatural origins would add allot to the mod. Give something cool to wear for players who don't want to delve into the Supernatural but are tired of the Native stuff. And it wouldn't be any more out of place then guns. :smile:

N0ught, in an earlier post you mentioned companion permadeath. Will there be a way to get them back from Hell/purgatory/heaven/limbo/Tartarus/etc? I think it'd be really neat to add a way to do that, but of course it would have to be outrageously difficult. Maybe something similar to the Warband bandit hideout assaults? but in one of the previously mentioned afterlives, of course, and with enemies that present FAR greater challenge than bandits. maybe destroyers, keres and hellraisers, or new demonesque soldiers exclusive to the mission?

Another thing— occasionally I have been forced by time to rob graves inside castles rather than towns. On the rare occasion that I am caught the guards spawn at far flung corners of the scene. Is there a way to fix this in the next version?

I suggest giving tier six troop to our beloved (death to them all! :twisted:) Calradian lads. And here are the troops I suggested. Some of them require art of necromancy in order to obtain.
1.Swadian Templar (Antihero only)  - This knight is clad in plate armor and wielding either sword of war or morningstar and shield, he dedicates himself to Almighty (but irresponsible) Zeus! Or it might be Hades...?

2.Vaegir Bogatyr - This warrior is professional in art of swordplay and archery. The keyword here is versatility.

3.Khergit Wolf Warrior (I'm not sure here) - This warrior is possessed by the spirit of Steppe predator and is given a great strength and ability.

4.Nord Einherjar (Necromancy) - The soul of dead Nord warrior is a strong one. Even in his dying breath, this Nord refuse to surrender himself to Charon. A wise necromancer could use this warrior spirit to do his bidding...  :twisted:

5.Rhodok Sentinel - The best of the sergeants can become a sentinel, an old term for warrior who is fight along Grunwalder, a legendary hero of Calradia. Which is a pretty  honourable title to have.

As far as tier six troops go, I like the idea - something each culture has specialized to fight the oncoming darkness. There is going to be an antihero slant storyline that lets you fortify the towns of the land with a few of a particular "high-powered" troop each. But I like the idea of a cultural response to the invasion, even though I have some different ideas about it. Good suggestion.

As far as Einherjar go, I was already thinking we need a nod to dead Nords - something like Draugr, only more related to Greek myth. I don't want to delve into Norse myth in the mod though, since it has been established that the true gods are the Greek gods. We will see.

You could say that in Solid and Shade universe, the Olympus and Asgard deities are two sides of the same coin. In essence they are actually the same, but the diversity among mortal make them worship the gods in different name and in rituals and traditions.

No, that's in the mythological universe. :lol:

In Solid and Shade I have gone to great lengths to specifically not include references to Norse, Roman, and Christian iconography - the latter being impossible to eradicate from some of Poe's best quotes.

I am well aware some of the Gods from both beliefs occupy the same place in the cosmos. Hades is even named the same in both. But in Solid and Shade's Calradia, the true gods are Greek, as will be plain the first time you encounter the Evil faction... :twisted:

I think it would have required more efforts to create a world in which all mythologies coexist, because after all, they're all supposed to be true. I'm glad with the route N0ught has taken, I largely prefer the Greek gods over the others and especially over the roman gods which are kind of a copy of the Greek gods with generally uglier names and slight differences.

Eh, religion is a finicky thing. I don't think it would necessarily have been more difficult to expand the pantheon to include several deities of different religious backgrounds. However, S&S draws heavily from certain literature, which, as N0ught stated, means there's a lot more work to be done in order to circumvent inconsistencies.

N0ught said:
No, that's in the mythological universe. :lol:

In Solid and Shade I have gone to great lengths to specifically not include references to Norse, Roman, and Christian iconography - the latter being impossible to eradicate from some of Poe's best quotes.

I am well aware some of the Gods from both beliefs occupy the same place in the cosmos. Hades is even named the same in both. But in Solid and Shade's Calradia, the true gods are Greek, as will be plain the first time you encounter the Evil faction... :twisted:
Will there be Chronos the Time God and Kronos the Father of Olympians?  :party:

Kingdom, I should say. Evil will be the name of the sixth kingdom, ruled by Typhon, Father of All Monsters. It is composed entirely of dark Gods and Goddesses from Greek mythology. Muahahaha, and such. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom