LINKS for Sword of Damocles

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Sword of Damocles Links

Download Sword of Damocles

Download:  Sword of Damocles V5.0 Beta_1           or go directly to M&B Repository
The most up-to-date Sword of Damocles released. 

Download:  Sword of Damocles V4.57 Gold Beta
PATCH:  Too many Nobles Spawning every day

There is really no reason to download this version.  Its listed here for reference only.

Download:  Sword of Damocles V4.0 Beta
If you really want to play a SoD sub-mod variant, you will have to download this version although you will be missing out on 90% of the new content in 5.0. 

Download:  Sword of Damocles V1.0   or on Repository Click Here
See what started it all! 

Download Sword of Damocles Source Code

Download:  Sword of Damocles V4.0 Source Code          
You may use this code under few restrictions.  Most notably by using this code you are obliged to release your own source code.  THIS IS AN OSP GAME!
We will publish the 5.0 source code once it is determined stable. 

Mount&Blade Secret 1.011 Patch
Taleworlds will release patches without releasing patch version numbers.  Sword of Damocles requires this patch for all dialogs in the new mercenary guild scenes to work correctly.  In addition, this patch adds the ability to keep over 32 troop types in party (needed with over 300 new troops) and increased game engine stability.  Even if you think you have the latest 1.011 patch for Mount&Blade, you may not have the latest version!!! 
This patch is save game compatible, simply install over old copy (no need to uninstall first) and enjoy the troop cap limit being removed!

Useful Mods that work with Sword of Damocles

Speed & Stability 1.0 for v.1.011 (Mount & Blade)
Warning:  Requires installment PRIOR to other mods and is not save-game compatible.  Increases performance by adding lods to all Native models.

Zaro's Graphical Enhancement for v.1.011 (Mount & Blade)
Changes most textures (terrain, buildings, armors, etc), modifying battle and campaign maps, map icons, scenes and meshes (vegetation, map icons, buildings) to produce a more visually interesting environment

Battle Size Changer v1.1 for M&B .700 - 1.011+
Allows you to increase the amount of units on the battlefield.  Warning:  Using this mod may cause crashes on your system if you do not decrease graphic settings. 

Sub-mod Variants
Unfortunately, none of these variants are current with the most up-to-date version.  Any volunteers?

Sword of Damocles V4 - Gunpowder Invasion V1
Latest compatible version is SoD V4
The thunder of guns will take Calradia by storm, all will fall to the might of the enemy, known as Сполучені південної Конфедерації (United Southern Confederacy)

Sword of Damocles V4 - Undead Invasion 
After 200 days Caladria will be invaded by Arch Lich and his 80 Necromancers leading huge undead army.  They are reviving defeated enemies and slaughtering towns and villages population to create larger army.  Undeads are not as strong as The Legion from Sword of Damocles - Invasion.  But you have less time to prepare!

Sword of Damocles V4 - Auxiliarii v1.6d
New invasion script, new mechanic for auto-resolved battles, and lots more options and features….

Warband (Initial Transfer)

Sword of Damocles: Warlords Sub-Forum

Sword of Damocles - Warlords (Test Combatant)
Latest compatible version is Warband v1.134
I didn't want the mod to be just like SOD 4.1, but there are a lot of new features and scripts that have been converted to Warband.

Guides & Other Miscellaneous

SoD Avatars and Signature Banners
Show your support of Sword of Damocles by wearing one of these fine Avatars or banners!

SoD V5.0 Bug List
The most up-to-date bug list.

[V4.5] Reported Bugs List / Version 4.57 (hot fixes here)
Older bug list that shows some of the history of the mod. It is here for reference only.

Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions
All of the ideas posted from fans of Sword of Damocles all in one consolidated list.

Beginners Guide to SoD
Useful tips for the starting player.  Make sure to also read the in-game strategy guide and speak with the strategy advisor from the camp menu. 

Mercenary Guild Guide
The intent of this thread is to provide information of troop trees, equipment, screenshots, etc. on the six new Mercenary Guilds of Sword of Damocles V4.5+

Mercenary Guild Quest Guide
This thread explains all the new SoD 5.0 quests.  Be careful, spoilers inside. 

Law Guide for SoD 5.0
The intent of this thread is to provide information on all the possible laws in the mod.

War/peace system, AI, badboy, forced rest, autoresolve 
Presentation of new features in V4.5…

Sword of Damocles V4.0 Description – Old Information
Some of the information is still valid, but this is an old link to previous versions.  This is for reference only. 

FAQ / Wikipedia Thread – Old Information
Some of the information is still valid, but this is an old link to previous versions.  This is for reference only. 

7-Zip Download
As with most M&B mods, we use 7z for compression.  We choose it because it's one of the best compression algorithms freely available and SoD is a really big mod.  Download it in the link above. 

Sword of Damocles Literature

After Action Reports
This thread is a compilation of links to stories people have written about Sword of Damocles.

SoD: Journals
A Sword of Damocles based story…

Glory of Antaria - Last king of Antaria
This is the story of Ariadram Furnhelm, last of the bloodline of great Antarian kings.

Screenshots

Mercenary Guild Scene Screenshots

Royal Artifacts

Villianese Screenshots

Zerrikanian Screenshots (some early stuff, much has changed)

Antarian Trained Javelinman

Some random items, troops, and performance enhancement information

Strategy Advisor Preview and features

Screenshots of the 6 Mercenary Guilds

Random Mercenaries

Mercenary Guild Banners

Early Slaver Guild Concepts 1    Early Slaver Guild Concepts 2

Face Paint Preview

Tormentor Equipment

Early Elephant Guard Concepts

The Jester

The Kanabō 1    The Kanabō 2

Can anyone post some links to SoD signature banners?  I don’t have time to search for them and test 4.6 stuff out. 

All the ones we have are getting a little old.  Anyone volunteer to make some with the new themes in mind (merc guilds + laws)?  I may make one in the future when I get some time, but I think it’s time for a new look. 

I’ll stick your name in the credits if you make an awesome one.  It has to be sweet though.

Computica said:
I think I'll make some new banners, The old ones are really outdated.

There are tons of screenshots in the links above that could be used to make a .gif (swap through pictures of troops).  I may get to it in the future but I am swamped with my current scene making activities. 

I can no longer restrain myself from saying what I believe I have stated before. I consider this mod the greatest in the history of M&B, it has come such a long way and is still being improved, and has sparked the imagination of many to gain more of a connection to the game, or to create a story about it. It has such great options and really allows you to imagine a deep story behind it all. It gives you a role other than some random adventurer, it has so many great new items when compared to Native, and it was just amazing how the new 5 factions were integrated and formed to be good at specific areas of battle!

Woot first person on the year 2011 to post, anyways i got overly bored and so i did some major upgrading to my scenes that i alter, some of which i redid or added on. enjoy(i used SOD for all scenes)

first i remade Dhirim exterior, keeping the old structures of the surrounding town(didn't touch the town because if i did i would not hesititate to redo entire map which takes months), i remade Dhirim's Interior completely. i Also did a slight modfyication to Tihr castle interior.
Hope you all enjoy and i must say thanks to the SOD team for creating a very attractive, fun mod for mount&blade your guys are awesome

Dhirim1.png
features in this scene:
added new outer wall, a river, rasied the walls, towers, and gatehouse to make it higher, added in artillery to cornerwalls, added outer gate, banners, brazier fires, portcuilis, new armory inside the entrance to castle and a resting area also exists there.

Dhirim2.png
features: if you head towards the castle door you will see a armoury on your right and a resting room on the left, added stairwell. and raised entrance to better height, added in attachments to the sides of the gate to create a large grandeur looking structure.

Dhirim3.png
features: this is the castle interior of Dhirim, built with the english fushion and asian fushion of kingship, treasure and chancelor both hav e desk on left and right marshalls and lords all lined up, jester and lady at the sofa areas both left and right side. added items, large hook lances, gothic chairs, tables, sofas, chests, carpets, swords, books, open books, helmets, lamps, removed one light, rearanged banners, and decorative shield.
Dhirim4.png
features: this is from the throne point of view still Dhirim's castle interior.

Tihr1.png
features: Tihr Castle interior, basically the same from my old nothing has moved, i did move the gothic chair forward by about half a meter, added in a second platform.

Azn_soul said:
Woot first person on the year 2011 to post, anyways i got overly bored and so i did some major upgrading to my scenes that i alter, some of which i redid or added on. enjoy(i used SOD for all scenes)

first i remade Dhirim exterior, keeping the old structures of the surrounding town(didn't touch the town because if i did i would not hesititate to redo entire map which takes months), i remade Dhirim's Interior completely. i Also did a slight modfyication to Tihr castle interior.
Hope you all enjoy and i must say thanks to the SOD team for creating a very attractive, fun mod for mount&blade your guys are awesome

Dhirim1.png
features in this scene:
added new outer wall, a river, rasied the walls, towers, and gatehouse to make it higher, added in artillery to cornerwalls, added outer gate, banners, brazier fires, portcuilis, new armory inside the entrance to castle and a resting area also exists there.

Dhirim2.png
features: if you head towards the castle door you will see a armoury on your right and a resting room on the left, added stairwell. and raised entrance to better height, added in attachments to the sides of the gate to create a large grandeur looking structure.

Dhirim3.png
features: this is the castle interior of Dhirim, built with the english fushion and asian fushion of kingship, treasure and chancelor both hav e desk on left and right marshalls and lords all lined up, jester and lady at the sofa areas both left and right side. added items, large hook lances, gothic chairs, tables, sofas, chests, carpets, swords, books, open books, helmets, lamps, removed one light, rearanged banners, and decorative shield.
Dhirim4.png
features: this is from the throne point of view still Dhirim's castle interior.

Tihr1.png
features: Tihr Castle interior, basically the same from my old nothing has moved, i did move the gothic chair forward by about half a meter, added in a second platform.

This is excellent work, but worthy of its own thread (i.e. out of place in this topic - if you copy and paste your topic in new thread, I can clean this one up).  I'd like to include these updates before we release.  The easiest way would be to just send me the scene files and I'll include them in the package I am getting ready to send Kuba.  The only Native scenes I updated was Sargoth, Tulga, Jelkala, Reyvadin, and Praven.  For these capitol cities, I added passageways to the Slaver bases so you can actually walk through the city and go to the Slaver base (opposed to just clicking on the link in the main city menu). 

Since you did not work on these cities, I should have no problem implmenting your scenes into SoD 5.0.  Did you add any new props?  If so, its also easy for me to handle.  Just PM me a download link and I'll add yu to the contributor credits list. 

Thanks!

Sure I'll make new post, I did do some work on reyadin, jelkala, praven, suno, bulgua castle, tihr, dhirim, and chalbeak castle. But majority are just castle interior, due to the fact that if I do redesign the town or castle it would take months to finish. Yea sure I'll send you any of which you would like. Aldelen village however has no ai mesh so the ai do get stuck, I'll still send it to you if you would like but it wont function properly with bandit raids or faction lord raids

it s good to see this mod being updated agein you guys just made my day  when i saw the new update for that great mod
downloading right now
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you very much
and keep up the good work

hi
should i delete my mount and blade 1.011 after downloading the hiddien patch and instal the game from it ?

mr.playa said:
hi
should i delete my mount and blade 1.011 after downloading the hiddien patch and instal the game from it ?

You should be able to install the patch (which is actually the full game) without uninstalling anything.  However, I am not sure how any other mod you have installed will perform (graphic enhancements, etc.).  Safest bet would be to uninstall and then reinstall with ninja version.  Your cd key will be in registry so it's an easy swap. 

The troop type limitation removal alone is worth it.  Especially the way 5.0 upgrades troops!

Have fun

YOU should unistal the old game and apply the ninja one
it will not change any thing if you instale it on  the older 1.011 game

any way the mod is great running perfect put those bandits was  a real pain in the a**

Speed & Stability & Zaro's Graphical Enhancement
They seems like very old though can i use it whit SOD v5.0
sry for my bad English

manlai5 said:
sry for my bad English

If it is in the link section, I have tested it.  If its not, then I have no idea. 

Cyclohexane said:
manlai5 said:
sry for my bad English

If it is in the link section, I have tested it.  If its not, then I have no idea.

OK Thank you

Thank you for this amazing mod (actually the first one i ever played, back in the day, when we only had m&b) and thank you for releasing the source code.

We (the Floris Mod Team) will most certainly take a look at it and we shall adopt your open source clause for our future versions.

Back
Top Bottom