Yet another appeal for DualWielding

Users who are viewing this thread

Night Ninja said:
Oh lordy. Those weapons aren't very heavy at all. A single handed sword weighs 3 pounds, TOPS, and the mass is distributed in such a way that it's very easy and pleasant to handle.

While that's true, I'd still think it'd be quite a challenge to swing around a second full size longsword with your weaker arm, particularly while in a tight formation as in (in theory anyway) combat between large groups. As to actually using dual short blades? Well I guess you could in... But do you really want to come up against a guy with a spear while you have two short-swords? You'll just get stabbed in the face while he stands a good metre and a bit away from you.

Edit: I am surprised to see that you're just about spot on. Those swords are nowhere near as heavy as I was lead to believe =/  I'll stick by the "pain in the arse to swing two one metre long swords in tight formation" point though.

Ok so we've established that: Dual wielding is stupid, ineffective and really only for twirps who want to look fancy dying.

On the upside, we've also established that there is historical presedence for being an idiot in a fancy outfit.

I conclusion: Dual wielding is a completely retarded go away and watch some anime.

If you want to appeal for DualWielding, please appeal for it in form of a mod, for fun, not for historical accuracy.

Because you know, it doesn't matter how many damn weapons you have in your hands when you get a solid blow in real life, in fact, you'd probably drop them. This would be a good time to unsheathe the dagger you just dropped because you thought dual wielding would be badass fast and were holding it at the same time as a friggin heavy ax.

By the way, about the weight arguments. Get a pound weight in the approximate shape and balance of a sword. Now swing it around. Easy? Of course. Now do that another 500 times as you probably will do in a fight. Still easy? If you were trained, sure. Now do that in both hands, 500 times each, 1000 times total. Still easy?

Well...

It does just take a bit more time to accustom yourself to swinging with both arms economically. Like how most people get really tired in the first few minutes of boxing but steadily train themselves to last longer and longer.
Although you'd probably tire a bit faster than fighting with a two handed weapon.

waggywags said:
By the way, about the weight arguments. Get a pound weight in the approximate shape and balance of a sword. Now swing it around. Easy? Of course. Now do that another 500 times as you probably will do in a fight. Still easy? If you were trained, sure. Now do that in both hands, 500 times each, 1000 times total. Still easy?

If you have to swing 500 times, you're doing it wrong. Learn to aim. :razz:

facepalm-statue1.jpg

On a random side note - The tournament at FightCamp this year allowed entrants to select a pair of single handed swords. A few did this - mainly they were rapier-ists, but there was also Mark Gilbert who is a very good competitor.
They didn't do very well. Against people with sword and buckler, against people with a longsword. Whatever - a unique and deadly weapon combination isn't much good against someone who knows what they're doing.
Which, perhaps, is why it wasn't used.
Except in Rapier fencing, but anyone who thinks that Agrippa describes the combat in M&B needs to **** off.
Like the OP, incidentally.

CriticallyAshamed said:
I think we should implement dragons because they are historically accurate because Saint George (who was totally real and shiz) killed one. Oh and we need Dual Claw/glove things like Wolverine. And Samurai Ninja Pirates who use pistols!
Saint George was on the moon when he did that, they would have to implement space travel in Warband before dragons. And, assuming you were being sarcastic, you can't prove Samurai Ninja Pirates never used pistols. They could have even used pistols akimbo.

Night Ninja said:
We're attempting to impose very rigid definitions on an art that is fundamentally organic and eludes strict classification. If you consider a buckler or a shield to be dual-wielding, it probably does work, but don't be surprised when people argue with you about that. Personally, I define it as the use of two offensive weapons, and it's worked moderately well so far.
I personally would find dual wielding two shields very effective. It might not be historically accurate, but climbing a 50ft long, 2ft wide ladder, at an 80 degree angle, without the use of hands, in order to invade a castle filled with rhodok crossbowmen isn't either.

Lazevedo said:
I personally would find dual wielding two shields very effective. It might not be historically accurate, but climbing a 50ft long, 2ft wide ladder, at an 80 degree angle, without the use of hands, in order to invade a castle filled with rhodok crossbowmen isn't either.

I'm not going to dignify that with a proper response. :roll:

If people dont want dual wielding thats fine. The game is already awesome as it is. But as it stands, this is one forum where i will not be posting any more ideas for due to the ridiculous responses. I am getting attacked by nerdy, limp-dicked intellectuals who have nothing better to do than sit in their parents basement, jerkoff, and try and inflate their own worthless lives by insulting someone on a forum. Seriously guys, just get a rope and do what u were meant to do.

If you have an opinion and or reason that i am wrong thats fine. I will admit i am wrong because i can, unlike all of you. Maybe dual-wielding isnt meant for this game. But if you are going to go after me and attack me instead of the idea than why dont you look in the mirror instead of making these forums suck as much they do due to intellectual pedantic scum.

-lumikant

The fact that you have a wop italian as your avatar tells me what i need to know about you. That is that when you hang yourself know that i will be smiling somewhere as your lifeless body hangs there  :mrgreen:

deathknight1728 said:
-lumikant

The fact that you have a wop italian as your avatar tells me what i need to know about you. That is that when you hang yourself know that i will be smiling somewhere as your lifeless body hangs there  :mrgreen:

A fine example of how to lose an argument.

deathknight1728 said:
(...) as it stands, this is one forum where i will not be posting any more ideas for due to the ridiculous responses.
warning_mute.gif
Muted .... fair enough.

About how dual wield could be implemented, LMB could control main hand weapon (like it already does), RMB could control the offhand weapon and both pressed would be a block. Or maybe MMB, idk.

But I agree that dual wielding is mod material at best.

The kick button should make you do a flying splits kick which knocks down anyone on either side of you.  Also, when you're riding a horse and you jump you should be able to do a barrel roll if you're going fast enough.

deathknight1728 said:
If people dont want dual wielding thats fine. The game is already awesome as it is. But as it stands, this is one forum where i will not be posting any more ideas for due to the ridiculous responses. I am getting attacked by nerdy, limp-dicked intellectuals who have nothing better to do than sit in their parents basement, jerkoff, and try and inflate their own worthless lives by insulting someone on a forum. Seriously guys, just get a rope, tie me up and perform anal sex on me.

Sounds like someone doesn't like being disagreed with.

deathknight1728 said:
If people dont want dual wielding thats fine. The game is already awesome as it is. But as it stands, this is one forum where i will not be posting any more ideas for due to the ridiculous responses. I am getting attacked by nerdy, limp-dicked intellectuals who have nothing better to do than sit in their parents basement, jerkoff, and try and inflate their own worthless lives by insulting someone on a forum. Seriously guys, just get a rope and do what u were meant to do.

If you have an opinion and or reason that i am wrong thats fine. I will admit i am wrong because i can, unlike all of you. Maybe dual-wielding isnt meant for this game. But if you are going to go after me and attack me instead of the idea than why dont you look in the mirror instead of making these forums suck as much they do due to intellectual pedantic scum.

Ok so let me summarize.

We bring a number of historic facts from both sides of the argument and conclude your idea is silly.

You respond by saying we don't bring any arguments and attack you personally, and then go on to attacking us personally and concluding to say that we should commit suicide.

Ok, I think this thread has reached it's natural peak.

Back
Top Bottom