header_XXX

the first one is like the one there is in the program
the second is the same thing but for header_xxx.py instead of module_XXX.py

What do you want to do exactly? Been able to choose custom made files: sort of
Code:
[color=navy]header_iamcool.py[/color]

Or simply suggesting another QuickJumper exclusive for headers...  :?:

Aha. I see.
If you don't mind I would like to stay with a single one, otherwise it will probably break all the compact look. I don't think you need them all.

Have you tried adding the most important entries using the Procedural thingy? Take a look:
Code:
SmartLocation('header_items.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// [h] ','');
SmartLocation('header_par*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// [h] ','');
SmartLocation('header_scene_props.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// [h] ','');

With something like that you should have everything fulfilled.

Edit: I updated the app so you can get the same functionality with a single QuickJumper. Press Ctrl, Shift, Alt or the Space keys while choosing an option to get its header instead... Example: Ctrl + Clicking on Animations will make header_animations.py appear. Pretty elegant. Isn't it?

Open the program to update it automagically to v0.4.6.2 . :smile:

thank you switter, that is fking nice xD

edit: for some reason it is not auto-updating, but I'm downloading it and see if it changes anything.

edit2: yep, now it's updated.

obs: the auto-update box in the extended options is checked

Maybe I`m stupid, but how I can add more Custom Buttons?
CustomButton1, CustomButton2, etc?
BTW this is a great tool! :smile:

woyo-sensei said:
Maybe I`m stupid, but how I can add more Custom Buttons?
CustomButton1, CustomButton2, etc?
BTW this is a great tool! :smile:

UipCS.png

You're right, just deleted all the old custom button code and redone it to be able of adding as much buttons as you want, technically unlimited!

[!] Also, now the
Code:
 [color=black]CustomButtonRun([/color]"your program here for example notepad.exe"[color=black])[/color]
function is still functional but deprecated.

Now, to add new buttons simply use "
Code:
CustomButton
" in succession, every new line is a new button:
Code:
[i]-- This is a comment line, invisible to the program[/i]
 CustomButton("This is my First Button","calc.exe")
 CustomButton("This is my Second Button","explorer.exe")
 CustomButton("This is my Third Button","cmd.exe")

And so. Easy isn't it? You can change their positions and they will be updated as you expect.
Let Msys Manager to update itself or get the latest executable from here.

Have fun :wink:

When I click the icon, a get this threat detected. I can see many people have used this and are happy. But this is of concern. Screenshot in this post. I'd really like someone to address this please, if you have any idea what is going on here.

darn I can't work out how to post the img right now :sad:
Grrrr.... Ican't even figure that out, why do I think I can figure out how to mod :sad::sad::sad:
Okay enough self-pity :sad:

It says:
AVG Identity Protection
Filename: ...MSYS.MANAGER.EXE
Threat Name: Unknown
Security Level: 4 red squares
Description: not available

AVG thinks that MSYS.MANAGER.EXE is a threat, so it's blocking it. Unless you downloaded it from somewhere else that this thread it's most likely a false positive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivirus_software#Problems_caused_by_false_positives said:
A "false positive" is when antivirus software identifies a non-malicious file as a virus.
I don't use AVG but I suppose all you need to do is click on Ignore or something similar.

By the way, for you to display an image on the forums you need to upload it to something like ImageShack first.

Thanks shokkueibu :smile:

Yeah it is easy to get AVG to ignore, it's just a bit disconcerting when a threat warning pops up... worrying enough to seek a second opinion.

A 'false positive' makes sense when so many other people have downloaded the same file without drama.

And thanks for the img explanation  :mrgreen:

The problem it's with the UPX compression. The program is packed with a widely used tool that makes the executable much lighter. So it can be downloaded faster.
Many viruses uses that technique for protecting itself from AV scanners.

AVG is a really limited antivirus that only shows its own flaws when showing that alerts.
For example, they also flag my stuff programmed in assembler because they're too small. It's a nonsense.

Personally, I don't have any AV in my systems. It's pretty obvious when you're downloading malware. And I never have been infected.
Simply keep yourself updated, use a good script blocker and ensure you're in the right place. E.g. In any downloads site like Softonic.

Always get the stuff from the original guy. That's all the mystery.

If you want to corroborate it take a look to this report:
Code:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/5b5509dd986a64bf42ff07d5276ea76e83754ad6

Zero positives, and see what packer appears... :smile:
Hope that my trusty level hasn't been devalued.

Hey Swyter,

awesome new features, as always! :smile: Thanks!

But since the new update, I've got the "You've just been Pretty Cool Cool Error Showing Right Now :smile:'d" Message :razz:.

My advance config dialog is as follows:

Code:
SmartLocation('module_*.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'','');
-- New in 1.2.2 version... search also for header operations
SmartLocation('header_operations.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');
SmartLocation('header_common.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');
SmartLocation('header_triggers.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');
SmartLocation('header_items.py',GetModuleSysFolder(),'// ','');
-- New in 1.2.4 version... search also for module.ini
SmartLocation('module.ini',GetModuleFolder(),'// ',' INI'); 

-- New custom Button Functionalities - here goes an example
CustomButton('Open Game Root');
CustomButtonRun(GetModuleFolder()..'..\\..\\');

It worked in the old version :S.

------- Fixed, but weird, the incorrect command came with the update :S  -------

Just updated this thingy with a functionality needed for SWC.

The Python compiler adds lots of trash values in the text files. Instead of cleaning them manually I made an automated routine for doing it fastly.
Click on "Optimize Text Files", wait four of five seconds, and get a detailed report with the space saved.

I cleaned up up to 1 MB with the latest Dev Snapshot of Star Wars Conquest.
Post your report here if you don't mind! Do Ctrl+C in the messagebox with the report and paste the resulting text on a new post.

Code:
[color=navy][!] If you want to do an even deeper cleaning, use OpenBRF with the [i]Unused textures[/i] option, or get rid of unreferenced meshes.
The players will love you for making the download faster.[/color]

Have fun.

[anchor=v047]M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.4.7 RELEASED Alias 'Optimitron'  ;P[/anchor]

✓ :: 0.4.7+ Optimize your text files pretty fast with a single click.
  ✓ :: 0.4.7.1+ Small fix.

[!] Open your Msys Manager 0.3.1 or newer to update automatically.
Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

I'm using this and it is great. But you have to watch out while using that new option. After I clicked it my module gon nuts, every presentatnion was wrong and some of theam wearen't working at all. I couldnt even start a game. Ever rebuilding module hadn't helped. I had to copy old build and recompile it again to be able to run module again. Dont understend me wrong, maby only I have thease problem but i just want to help everyone who encounter it. Just watch out and better copy mod before using it first time.
Except that issue this is wonderfull tool, it speeds up work realy much. :smile:

Mat Berserker said:
I'm using this and it is great. But you have to watch out while using that new option. After I clicked it my module gon nuts, every presentatnion was wrong and some of theam wearen't working at all. I couldnt even start a game. Ever rebuilding module hadn't helped. I had to copy old build and recompile it again to be able to run module again. Dont understend me wrong, maby only I have thease problem but i just want to help everyone who encounter it. Just watch out and better copy mod before using it first time.
Except that issue this is wonderfull tool, it speeds up work realy much. :smile:

You're right. The problem was with
Code:
game_variables.txt
I updated it so now should be fixed. Sorry for the trouble, only checked the functionality on my own mod.

It's the only file that isn't modified by the Module System, apart from the map.
You can copy over the Native one and should be fine again.

Let me know if is still having problems with the latest update.
So I can refine the code even more.

Back
Top Bottom