Mount&Blade Module System Manager {0.4.7} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

frukox said:
I did all the steps and have python installed but now I have a different screen:

What could be the problem?: Miscoding somewhere? Furthermore, after executing bat. file, I saw some error screens. Do you need a screenshot? Where could I make the mistake? Please help me with this:smile:

The Scene props file doesn't compiled properly because you made a mistake with the [()]. So try to find the conflictive line (it appears as a number in the bat file log) and delete it or try to fix.

The problem arises from an half built final file. The file is fragmented and unreadable for the game.
Hope you can find the conflictive syntax. :wink:

frukox said:
But I never touched that file, I was designing my troop tree therefore I was in the module_presentation.py

You shouldn't have been in module_presentations.py if you were doing troop trees, for starters. 

Anyway, did you cut the build short? 

Bolkonsky said:
frukox said:
But I never touched that file, I was designing my troop tree therefore I was in the module_presentation.py

You shouldn't have been in module_presentations.py if you were doing troop trees, for starters. 

Anyway, did you cut the build short?

Why not, how can I change the default tree, then? By the way, I managed to change x/y positions of units, costs. The rest of the problem, a pain in the neck, are the lines, I think. The rest looks somewhat easy, as I learned from FAQ section in Floris mod.

I did not interrupt the process by the way, there were lots of error messages while the process is going on? I don't know th reason if you wouldn't mind, I can post a screenshot about that.

Bolkonsky said:
The troop tree, as in their upgrade path?  That's in module_troops.py
He is talking about troop tree visualisation presentation (part of Floris pack). Which is offtopic here I guess, as it does not belong to standard mod troops editing

GetAssista said:
Bolkonsky said:
The troop tree, as in their upgrade path?  That's in module_troops.py
He is talking about troop tree visualisation presentation (part of Floris pack). Which is offtopic here I guess, as it does not belong to standard mod troops editing

That's what I couldn't tell.  Better off making a thread in the Forge.

Great tool, Swyter! Keep up the good work.

May I suggest you make the "Play" button bigger? Maybe 50% or 33% of the window height.
Also, a version display would be nice. The only way I can see the current version is by checking the .exe properties. Did I miss something?

Yeah, the option to make it bigger would be nice. 

I had an idea that I don't think would be too difficult to implement, but then again, I don't quite know how your code works for this app, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, my idea was to add a couple of customizable buttons.  You could add them already, and just hide them.  Then in the settings, you could add a "setup" and using a radio button or something, allow the user to set their path to a folder/exe. 

I have the code in my head and I don't think it'd be too difficult.  What'd you write this in? 

shokkueibu said:

May I suggest you make the "Play" button bigger? Maybe 50% or 33% of the window height.
Also, a version display would be nice. The only way I can see the current version is by checking the .exe properties. Did I miss something?

Done some days ago... :smile:

Bolkonsky said:
Yeah, the option to make it bigger would be nice. 

I had an idea that I don't think would be too difficult to implement, but then again, I don't quite know how your code works for this app, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, my idea was to add a couple of customizable buttons.  You could add them already, and just hide them.  Then in the settings, you could add a "setup" and using a radio button or something, allow the user to set their path to a folder/exe. 

I have the code in my head and I don't think it'd be too difficult.  What'd you write this in?

Lua. I know, that could be a great addition, together with the prototype of hide-able options I was testing the last week. I can announce I was also working in a implementation to use the Command Database power into deployable syntax modules for Notepad++ through this app.

Yes, you have read fine... Use Community providen documentation directly in your daily work. I stopped working because I didn't know if someone was interested. Opinions? :smile:

Swyter said:
Lua. I know, that could be a great addition, together with the prototype of hide-able options I was testing the last week. I can announce I was also working in a implementation to use the Command Database power into deployable syntax modules for Notepad++ through this app.

Yes, you have read fine... Use Community providen documentation directly in your daily work. I stopped working because I didn't know if someone was interested. Opinions? :smile:

Awesome.  I'm seriously intrigued as to this.  Do you mean to integrate the web documentation into the application?  Because that site is super helpful, I'm always trying to figure out confusing documentation in the module system files. 

Bolkonsky said:
Awesome.  I'm seriously intrigued as to this.  Do you mean to integrate the web documentation into the application?  Because that site is super helpful, I'm always trying to figure out confusing documentation in the module system files.

Aha... The Command Database will have Syntax Generators under-demand. But you can automate this task with Module System Manager...
Click a button and you'll have the latest commands, usage, structure, with descriptions, tooltips and autocompletion...

As I've also fully parsed the
Code:
header_operations.py
into our Database I can also do it for generate an ordered, documented
Code:
header_operations.py
... as substitution to the chaotic official provided one.

What did you think about? Everything automated... generated on-the-fly with the latest descriptions, commands and definitions... Sounds good enough?

IntelliSense for the module system?  Hell yeah!  If you can pull this off Swyter, it will be amazing. 

I was taking a look at http://mbcommands.zxq.net/, it's progressing very nicely.  It's already helped me several times figuring out difficult things.  Also, great job on the data parser.  It seems to have worked quite nicely! 

Bolkonsky said:
IntelliSense for the module system?  Hell yeah!  If you can pull this off Swyter, it will be amazing. 

I was taking a look at http://mbcommands.zxq.net/, it's progressing very nicely.  It's already helped me several times figuring out difficult things.  Also, great job on the data parser.  It seems to have worked quite nicely!

Surely you have it already.... The idea is from ConstantA + Dunde... I'm only making use of the well documented Notepad++ API... One step ahead...

[+] Descriptions in tooltips..
[+] Release of my own enhanced interpretation of the syntax highlighter.
[+] Generating it on-the-fly.
[+] Together with a "Command DB Integration" button in Msys Manager.
I can also tell you it will let you apply custom coloring directly from the AJAX website.

Swyter said:
Bolkonsky said:

Surely you have it already.... The idea is from ConstantA + Dunde... I'm only making use of the well documented Notepad++ API... One step ahead...

[+] Descriptions in tooltips..
[+] Release of my own enhanced interpretation of the syntax highlighter.
[+] Generating it on-the-fly.
[+] Together with a "Command DB Integration" button in Msys Manager.
I can also tell you it will let you apply custom coloring directly from the AJAX website.

Well, I have the Notepad++ Auto-Complete, but I need to reinstall it.  Besides, it filters everything you type, (thought I haven't updated it in a while) which is rather CPU intensive in files like module_scripts.py.  It'd be better if it read only things like scenes, troops, items, local variables, global variables, and constants. 

The descriptions in tooltips will be cool. 
I'd love to see the syntax highlighter.  I was working on one, but gave up because I don't have enough time. 
Generating on the fly?  Sounds like awesomeness! 

And custom coloring will be awesome!  I program in Python a good amount, so I'd like to make that and the MSystem one and the same.  Get's rather confusing.  :wink: 

Swyter said:
shokkueibu said:

Done some days ago... :smile:

Awesome!

Swyter said:

I'd definitely like to see it :smile:

I'm redoing the Command Database, so the bindings have to wait.
But here have some tweaks that I needed for SWC... I wanted to share them with you.

[anchor=v046]M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.4.6 RELEASED Alias 'With Fixes and Buttons'[/anchor]

✓ :: 0.4.6+ Added customizable toolbox button. Program it to do your own stuff. Kudos to [COGlory/Bolkonsky] for the idea. If you reset the Procedural Quickjumper you'll get an example.
Code:
-- New custom Button Functionalities - here goes an example
CustomButton('Open Game Root', GetModuleFolder()..'..\\..\\' );

Code:
-- Use the new 'CustomButon' Lua function for enabling it while specifying its label.
-- [!] If you use CustomButton(''); with a blank string, the button will be hidden again.

-- Use the second param for specifying what script/file/program/web/executable to be run... this opens "notepad.exe"
CustomButton( 'Open Notepad', 'notepad.exe' );

-- And this One the Command Database
CustomButton( 'Command Database', 'http://mbcommands.ollclan.eu' );

-- And so on..   :)  Enjoy!!

✓ :: 0.4.6+ Edit: Oops... Almost forgot that the Compile / Launch Game buttons are finally the same size when resizing.
  ✓ :: 0.4.6+ Definitely fixed the Updater. Yeah, I know. This time it's true.  :razz:
  ✓ :: 0.4.6+ Better Notepad++ compatability with x64 systems and added WFAS registry keys. *wow*
    ✓ :: 0.4.6.2+ Press Ctrl, Shift, Alt or Space while clicking on a QuickJumper option to get its header instead. Thanks to [Ikaguia].
    ✓ :: 0.4.6.3+ Unlimited Custom Buttons implemented, the
Code:
CustomButonRun
function is now deprecated. Thanks to [woyo-sensei].
              @>More info about this major change here.

[!] Open your Msys Manager 0.3.1 or newer to update automatically.

Let me know possible bugs or suggestions. So they would be ironed almost on-the-fly  :wink:

Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

could you make two buttoms like:
module_XXX
header_XXX

the first one is like the one there is in the program
the second is the same thing but for header_xxx.py instead of module_XXX.py

Back
Top Bottom