AAR: Erick, Pagan Bane

Users who are viewing this thread

lancecor

Knight
(Translated from old scriptures)
Introduction
  It was dark... I had almost forgotten who I was in the never-ending abyss that is the darkness, but then I remembered. I was an Anglo-Saxon from West Saxon, my parents where priests that had mysteriously died on a religious sweep through the land of the Picts, after they died I became the apprentice to a spear man who died fighting invaders, I felt so alone. I decided to be a traveling sell sword, and in a burst of vengeance and religious fervor I decided to strike out for everyone i had lost in the name of god and become...

Erick, Pagan Bane

Chapter I: Bandits and Headless Fighters
Dear Diary,

After striking out i decided to take a caravan to Cantware. after arriving i was weary and went to see the tavern keeper for a bed, on my way there i was ambushed by a bandit. i would like to say i made short work of that scoundrel but it was actually a challenge for he had a spear and i had a knife...
mb2z.jpg

After that i stumbled into unconsciousness from loss of blood. when i awoke i was laying in a bed in a merchants house. he was a strange man, he told me of better trade in far off lands, how i should go there and then sent me off. i didn't even get out a word of thanks.
mb3e.jpg

I decided to unite England under my banner thus allowing me to convert all the pagans and giving me a base of operations to conquer the other pagan land, i will first need to construct an army of religious followers, peasant, noble and Yeoman following my flag. after going to three villages i was getting discouraged, no-one wanted to join me. then i was overjoyed when i got over 16 men in the bordering country of Suth Seaxe, my Saxon brothers were more than willing to live by the blade and fight for Christianity.
mb5h.jpg

On my way to my next few villages I was attacked by bandits, I was sure my new army would crush these cretins but it was not to be so as my Christian brothers fell like oak leaves in the autumn wind, i had not forseen that mere bandits may have been better equipped than my soldiers. I was shamed and beaten.

scaled.php

scaled.php
mb10k.jpg

mb11j.jpg

mb12s.jpg

mb14z.jpg

mb15r.jpg

mb16j.jpg
  After being brutally defeated i decided to go back to Canteware, where (heh) they were holding a tournament. i was shocked at what i saw in the ring.
mb18.jpg

What Christian Kingdom is this, where they allow headless demons to compete in tournaments! i was determined to beat these devil children and when i rule this land demons shalt not be allowed in public!

mb19f.jpg

mb20c.jpg

mb21.jpg

mb22k.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb26.jpg
Sadly i lost in the last round, and afterwords i sought a bed and a well-needed drink.

Game Stats
here is Erick's inventory
mb28.jpg

and here is his Character Page
mb27.jpg

Chapter II: Bodyless Pagans and barrels of Ale
February 26, Anno Domini 636
Dear Diary,
  I am now regaling the exciting events that unfolded in these past days in Caer Meguaidd. After I left Cantewarei decided to go to Hrofeas Ceaster, a fort very close. the lord was very kind and commended me upon my bravery, afterwords he asked me if i could take a letter to a man named Aetheling found in Gyldeford. It wasn't far so I accepted. when i got there I noticed he was missing his torso.
mb30.jpg

I was about to point out that he was missing his chest but he didn't seem to notice so I continued the conversation saying that I had a message for him, he stopped me and asked if he if i wanted to know about the Pict lands. I was suspicious but i needed all the information i could get if i was to conquer those heathens, so i complied. He told a story of how he once was young and impetuous, he journeyed with a warband to the Pict lands, he told of how the men painted their bodies in dye and were sent to war. when he came to the end of his story he made a grave mistake.
mb31l.jpg

That pagan bastard was a lord in a Christian kingdom! once again I questioned this so called "Christian" kingdom with Headless demons, Pagan lords with missing torsos! He shall be the first to die. But he musn't know that so I hid my irritation and asked if he needed anything done. he wanted me to collect taxes from Cetham his fief. That was the perfect opportunity to exploit his gullibility. I collected the taxes and headed straight to the Saxon town of Lundenwie, where I bought a cloak for warmth, a seax to replace my dagger, and a small shield to replace the one stolen from me by bandits. then i headed to the tavern to get a drink.
mb33.jpg

After that I asked the guild master if he had a job for me.
mb35.jpg

That was great! I could travel fast now that I had lost all my men. Be it pagan or not I was determined to get to that city. I avoided many bandits and one group I slew single-handedly after they killed my last soldier. On another occasion I wasn't so lucky, I was taken prisoner for a time before I knocked my guard unconscious one night. I found my purse, and they had stolen the 654 coins I had not hid in a secret compartment. I found my horse and little did i know that things would get a lot better once I got to town.

mb36c.jpg

mb37.jpg

mb38.jpg

mb39.jpg

mb40.jpg

mb41.jpg

When I got there the town of Caer Meguaidd was bustling. A tournament was being held, and the winner would receive 200 coins and an invitation to the grand feast. I rushed to the tavern where I delivered the Ale.
mb43v.jpg

Afterwords I entered the tournament. As I ran to the arena i vividly remembered the headless opponents. luckily I noticed my competitors had heads this time.
mb44q.jpg

The rounds were taxing, The hurdles many, the challenges difficult, but somehow i came up on the top.
mb46.jpg

mb47.jpg

mb48x.jpg

mb49.jpg

mb50.jpg

mb52j.jpg

mb53.jpg

mb55h.jpg

mb54.jpg
mb56.jpg

Oh the glory! I had won! So i ended my day feasting with royalty, but i have to tell you about that later...

Game Stats
Erick has leveled about twice since last time so here is his Character Page
mb57.jpg

He has gotten some new equipment so here is his Inventory.
mb58.jpg

Hello, this AAR was inspired by Me, Floris. i got the mod Brytenwalda and thought to myself what a good AAR it would make, so i decided to write one.

Looks promising, might want to capitalize the "i"s a bit more.

@Killer dude- just fixed it, i keep forgetting that this isn't MS Word...

Mrr. Phil- thnx, i just posted the first chapter.

im shooting for maybe 3-4 times a week but don't think this is dead if i miss one cuz im probably just busy.

im thinking of a twist i might do in the next chapter...

not posting today, i want to play blood and steel, maybe some 1257 ad, anyways i will post with new chapter tommorrow.

you might want to post the chapters separately like Floris otherwise people have to scroll past all the other chapters again
its a great start! (but not the defeats)
also you shouldn't use the sentence "leveled up" might look more like a story and less like a game

im having trouble finding time to do the aar, will try to do so like tommorrow, and when i say that i leveled it is in the game notes, floris does the same. i tried to spoiler my chapter but it didn't work for some reason, floris does do that but i think it's better to scroll through one post than a whole topic, and plus i don't know how to link to one exact place on a page.

Back
Top Bottom