Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I too got it separately. Old Gods is pretty cool, and so is Norse religion. Too bad my game's Fylkirate belongs to Denmark, not Norway. :mad:

sw7N8.jpg
tq3-N.jpg

What I wish to do next is to shatter and destroy Byzantiums somehow, any clues as to how this might actually be done without having an exhaustingly boring and long war with them? I love it when their empire falls to pieces and they fight between each other, this lasts until a new emperor is chosen however. Turks are not nearly damaging in Anatolian Byzantium as I thought they would be. :sad:

Secondly, I am now bordering what lies beyond the carpathian mountains - wild steppes full of savage pagans, and I wish to convert to their religion!

As the game right now is weofully easy and rather boring, converting back to paganism would be the edgiest and the most interesting thing to do. How would I possibly do this though? Conquer some pagan lands, obtain pagan vassals and let my children be educated by them?

If you have Rajas of India you can move your capital to a pagan province and change religions for a large amount of piety.
Otherwise, educate your children with a pagan like you say.

Pachinko said:
I too got it separately. Old Gods is pretty cool, and so is Norse religion. Too bad my game's Fylkirate belongs to Denmark, not Norway. :mad:

I made my ruler the Fylkir but I'd much rather prefer the title "Emperor", seeing as he rules over 4 empires and 17 kingdoms. Too bad you can't select which title to display, 'cause Fylkir Gnut sounds silly. :sad:

It was a default name because he was the 7th son or something and I didn't bother to name him. How he got on the throne is beyond me.

There's a viking in my game who took the county of Viscaya, who at one point held the entire duchy of Poitou. Aquitaine is the most powerful state in Europe, not sure how he managed it. But he only held it for a short while, and is reduced to Viscaya again.

Fighting Great Holy Wars against the major religions (Christianity and Islam) is too tough. They all possess so many territories and have so many vassal armies, plus they can hire big amounts of Holy Order troops. I've only managed to win 2-3 Great Holy Wars out of maybe half a dozen or so of them.

Well ****. The new early start date in Old Gods is boring as ****, because there are no real major powers and just about anyone can blob out of control really easily. Its not even 1066 and I own everything from Russia to Scotland to southern France to Constantinople. Basically half the world and its not even 1066 yet.

Yeah, but its usually at least a bit challenging, especially if you're afraid of the HRE or someone else kicking your **** in with overwhelming force when you step out of line.

Not necessarily true. Taking down the HRE as the Byzantines was one of the best experiences I've had in the game.

I hated how in one of my games, HRE blobbed way out of control, broke into civil war as much as twice a year and still somehow managed to reunite every damn time. After 150 something years of such bull****, that chunk of Europe should've been a barren wasteland, devoid of human life from so many wars, but the game doesn't work that way. :sad:

Amagic said:
I hated how in one of my games, HRE blobbed way out of control, broke into civil war as much as twice a year and still somehow managed to reunite every damn time. After 150 something years of such bull****, that chunk of Europe should've been a barren wasteland, devoid of human life from so many wars, but the game doesn't work that way. :sad:
30YW

I have captured (almost) the whole of Great Britain in about 100 years, but the English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish vassals just keep rebelling for ****ty reasons every few years or so, so it gets annoying.

Back
Top Bottom