Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Rebelknight said:
Did you buy the DLC that change to Viking unit?
If not then you're stuck with normal soldier.

Hengwulf said:
Great I spent 15 euro's and they won't even give me a freakin drakkar and a viking to play with. I knew CK2 was heavy on DLC but I must say this is very disappointing.

The Norse DLC (and Portrait) still does not alter the unit sprites for standing armies. I suspect it was either overlooked or simply not included. The longboats do appear though if you raise the ships from a Scandinavian shipyard.

Wait, so the Norse Unit DLC doesn't change the Units for standing armies? Silleh.

Hit an exploit to gain tons of prestige, married a princess in my court(she used to be dad's concubine), gain about 100 prestige, to choose about 1.2 gold or 100 prestige. Divorce for only 2 gold and close relatives relations hit, she returns to my court. Repeat cycle.

The Great Kingdom of Finland  :razz:
77CB60A90B2D102BFDCB09653B00901E41AE155E

My new king's stats aren't that good thou, but he got the crown just couple years ago so he better improve.

Yes, I own province middle of Sweden. I actually had couple more there, but lost them to Swedes some decades ago. Ruthenia is also getting scary big, and can field much bigger armies than me. And they don't like me. Well, Swedes are neither very fond of me, so I better hope they won't work together  :lol:

But I have survived quite well, with homeland defense bonus, attrition and use of terrain, even superior forces can be beaten. Swedes actually tried to assault me several times over the sea with their 15k troops. I had ~6-7k troops sitting on shore pushing them back to sea time after time. Also, I have very good relations with Perm, the only other Suomenusko kingdom, who have even volunteered to join my wars. I try also help them when they need it.

Here is the map screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/rXmoLXm.png

Massadid are the big blob in Middle East.
Also Great Moravia is actually Dutch kingdom, ruled by van Vlaanderen dynasty  :lol:
Some provinces have even assimilated by now.

Chalk me down as highly amused;

filedetails

Beyond that it's not going well. My neighbours have multiple allies and keep declaring wars on me and smashing my armies by dint of them calling in their allies each and every time. Cowards. Bit hard to fight them off when you're outnumbered 3:1.

rapier17 said:
Chalk me down as highly amused;

1024x576.resizedimage

Beyond that it's not going well. My neighbours have multiple allies and keep declaring wars on me and smashing my armies by dint of them calling in their allies each and every time. Cowards. Bit hard to fight them off when you're outnumbered 3:1.
fixed screen

Neat. Anyone ever tried http://store.steampowered.com/app/73210/?snr=1_7_15__13? I think it was supposed to be CK2, except set in Japan. If anyone has, is it worth the ten dollar price tag?

Sengoku? It had potential with its setting but Paradox dropped it to work with CK2 - check out when it was last updated. It's fast paced as it uses honour cost to start wars, the cost increases when the enemy is weaker. I didn't like 'the first to siege the castle gets to keep it' mechanic but besides that sengoku was pretty fun. It's too bad Paradox dropped it for CK2.

I felt it was mostly to try out some new things so they'd work right for CK2 and to make sure that users didn't hate them with a passion. Kinda like selling your prototypes.
Same thing they did with March of the Eagle(s?) and EU IV.

Hmm found a noblewoman married to a lowborn. Thought it's always matrilineal, maybe it was due to the arrange marriage event.

My norse game with Halfdan Whiteshirt turned out to be pretty interesting. Starts off picking up Northumberland, next I pick on the Irish. Started thinking of joing Scotland or Denmark, and Scotland takes all my Irish holdings in one swoop. Joined Denmark, did lots of raiding, helped fend off an independence war, then I got fed up and joined the second one. Took the throne Scotland in about 10 years through invasion. Was worrying about what to do about Denmark when they decided to fight for my claim, mom was a danish princess. Denmark was gifted to me so I'm working on reforming norse faith.

Back
Top Bottom