Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I sweareth upon mine noble heir Henry VII, (future) Duke of York's eyes. My guess is they implemented that feature with the 1.04 patch.

Can't put my finger on how long it took exactly, but I do recall that it didn't take all that long. My guesstimate is no longer than a decade.

Became King of Ireland, held the Grand Tournament. I won... surprising cos' I had only 10 martial. Then the tournament ended, no 2nd or 3rd place announced, well whatever. Months later I got the prestige/gold for 2nd place, then for 3rd place as well after that.

Also I don't like how bethrothals work now, you can choose regular/matrilineal, but the AI doesn't follow it. I bethrothed my son to a countess and gave him a capital city. Later when she hits 16 their marriage is matrilineal. Well they are of the same dynasty in this case, so it might be possible that the AI is smart enough to know it doesn't matter in this case.

dustbiter said:
Became King of Ireland, held the Grand Tournament. I won... surprising cos' I had only 10 martial. Then the tournament ended, no 2nd or 3rd place announced, well whatever. Months later I got the prestige/gold for 2nd place, then for 3rd place as well after that.

Sounds like he's really popular :lol: Not a single knight in Ireland wanted to attend.

dustbiter said:
Also I don't like how bethrothals work now, you can choose regular/matrilineal, but the AI doesn't follow it. I bethrothed my son to a countess and gave him a capital city. Later when she hits 16 their marriage is matrilineal. Well they are of the same dynasty in this case, so it might be possible that the AI is smart enough to know it doesn't matter in this case.
I've noticed that before. Normally when both suitors have reached their 16th birthday, you will get two notifications at the top of your screen. You'll always get one where you take the initiative of marrying both suitors off by clicking the send button. Then on the other hand there's an optional notification you don't always get, where the liege of the other suitor requests you to marry his/her courtier because of her coming of age. When the latter happens AND the female suitor you wanted to marry your male courtier to has a title, the AI has a sly way of asking you in that very proposal whether you wouldn't possibly be interested in marrying them matrilineally. However if the betrothal was concluded as a regular marriage, you can just decline and and take the initiative yourself by sending your own invitation of marriage. That way the couple will marry the way you wanted them to.

Haha indeed, that's more or less how it goes. And because of that, you end up having to assassinate several children and a spouse time after time. I warned you, AI...

My son was given land, so he was AI, I couldn't make decisions for him. I feel things should be set when you choose regular/matrilineal bethrothal, unless the bethrothal is broken.

I'm not sure if it has changed, but back then when a child ruler inherits a title and the regent has not been appointed yet, due to their low intrigue, the kids in the court at that time are very vulnerable.

I think assassination should be a timed mission similar to the way it was in Sengoku. You get to know the results after a set amount of time. I think the game mechanics should be like... random success progress with time, hidden to the player. This way the job might get done ahead of schedule, or it'd be set to fail due to lack of progress no matter how much you reload near the end of the mission. The way it works now... you just spam gold/attempts till the job gets done. All in one day.

It should take days for me to smother a newborn, or push a courtier off a balcony? Maybe there should be a transit time or something, but this is medieval europe, it's not like you're really going to get any more advanced than slipping someone poison or something.

Currently things work instantaneously actually. Spymaster zips instantly to where the target is and sets up a spy network. Assassination fail? Spend gold again... again... till it succeeds. It's not very realistic, it takes time to hire people, plan and execute things.

Arethere any good combat overhaul mods? The combat in this mod is shameful, all the battles are number games. Attack a mountainous region from the sea with a martial skill with 0, and you'll beat an army if you outnumber them by 250.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Arethere any good combat overhaul mods? The combat in this mod is shameful, all the battles are number games. Attack a mountainous region from the sea with a martial skill with 0, and you'll beat an army if you outnumber them by 250.
I agree. Its not as bad as you make it sound, but it definitely should not be so number-based.

A lot of people say that this isn't a combat game, so it shouldn't become so detailed but its a big issue for me as well. Number should remain the biggest factor of course, but terrain and martial skill and army composition, etc etc should count for more.

Also, yes there are combat overhaul mods. I haven't tried any yet, and I think there is more than one, so you need to look around.
Puppy said:
It should take days for me to smother a newborn, or push a courtier off a balcony? Maybe there should be a transit time or something, but this is medieval europe, it's not like you're really going to get any more advanced than slipping someone poison or something.
Yes it should. Even if someone is in your court, it usually takes time to get everything prepared for an assassination.

It becomes more ridiculous when you try to kill someone who isn't in your court. You're somehow able to kill someone who are weeks away instantaneously?

Definitely need to add some time to the assassination mechanic.

If only I had the game still installed...
In one of the very basic files you can play with the numbers. Making flanking more decisive, changing the effect of combat skills, upping and lowering morale of certain unit types and so on.
For the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. :neutral:

Remember my king who won 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the grand tournament? Years later he died in the tournament, in the middle of waging war. Good job Paradox!

I think numbers were not the major factor in rome - and it was quite amusing at times. I had a german ruler who was inbred and sucked - 'cept for a massive military ability. He could drive off massive barbarian hordes through skill and defensive position bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom