Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope not even closely related as far as I know.  I think maybe his father educated Harald?

Started a game as Count of Breifne. Similar to starting as Count of Iceland (build up a little and fight for Ireland).

Educated my heir myself, with luck got some good traits. Turned out to have good stats and trait, married Countess of Glamorgan, had a son.

Guy croaked at 19, natural death IIRC. Was ill often so I think his health was poor. My second, current character is grandson of my first character.

Yes, Pelinal, you can. The game starts in 1066, just as both the Norwegians and Normans are attacking England. If you are really bloody lucky you can beat back both of them and keep England for the Saxons. Or you can just live with your foreign overlords!
Ninja´d.
---

Back in 1.05 or something I played as the Count of Breifne twice, was a great guy to play as. Liked his name, Áed. Easy to remember, looks nice, and not completely impossible to pronounce. Named my sons after him aswell. Conquered most of Ireland both times.

Good luck!

Lots of people go by Áed in my game. I don't name my characters and take up whatever random name comes up. IIRC at one point my character, his son, and an Irish count I was attacking were all named Áed.

The current year is about 1126, I have dukedoms of Connacht and Ulster. I had my heir married to a claimant of Dukedom of Meath and made her duchess (used this method cos' despite my chancellor having around 25 skill, years just kept rolling by without fabricating a claim). My dynasty is thus set to inherit Meath as well, and then I'll clash with the guy who owns the rest of Ireland. I'll most probably create the kingdom of Ireland and used it to push for the rest of Ireland.

hOxBJ.jpg
Diesalot in Orangish brown as king of polemia. Reilnur is the orange circle (left prior to the picture) at top, King of Frisia-Lotharangia, part-time Holy Roman Emporer. I'm at bottom, the white ass 9,000 Prestige 3,000 Piety king of Italy and Jerusalem, King Ottone the Kin-slaying Crusader.

Dryvus said:
As Duke Konrad of Luxembourg, I can press de jure claims on the Bishop of Liege. His liege has to be my liege, which seems unlikely; what sort of options are available to accomplish this type of thing?

Puppy said:
Attack his liege. Or his liege's liege, up until you get to someone you can declare war on.

Hmm, that will be problematic. I guess this is where the machinations come in until I can take him in the field.

Left my super overpowered Khorasan game for a bit and I'm now playing a little count in Deheubarth. DAMN YOU CHANCELLOR, WHY ARE YOU TAKING 30 YEARS TO GET A ****ING CLAIM!?
Also, I think I've had the two most awesome bastards as Counts ever. Diligent, gregarious, just, charitable, proud, honest, cynical.

Well, I know some people were trying to find out how to do the Carte Blanche modification. However, here's a pre-done one for the excellent Prince and the Thane mod.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21144567/Carte%20Blanche%20-%20The%20Prince%20and%20the%20Thane.rar

Carte Blanche 1.0.1
Author: Wolfgang Pauli, adapted to The Prince and the Thane by LittleJP

* CHANGELOG *

Fixed buildings.txt
Changed provinces so all of them can build 7 holdings.
Made ruler designer have no cost

----
Initial release for 3.4b

* Installation *
1.) Unzip to your Crusader Kings II \mod\The Prince and the Thane
2.) Start the CK2 launcher and enable 'The Prince and the Thane'
3.) Hit play. Start a new campaign as the Count of Zagreb.
4.) Before unpausing, save the game, resign, and reload as the character of your choice.

* Ruler Designer & Carte Blanche *
It is only possible to use the Ruler Designer when starting a new campaign, not when loading. Therefore, to design your ruler for the county of your choosing:

1.) Go to \mod\The Prince...\history\titles\ and locate the county of your choosing (i.e. c_dublin.txt)
2.) Paste the following :
50.1.1={
holder=99999
}

At the top
3.) Delete
50.1.1={
holder=99999
}
in c_zagreb.txt
5.) Save this file and launch The Prince and the Thane
6.) Your new county will be available to design your ruler.
PM all problems to me at the forums,

Notes:
I have not changed the event dates, therefore, mongol invasions and the like will take place at the usual time.

****ing Mulsim Iberia, always conquering all the other christian kingdom in Iberia during the first few years.

This time only me (Duchy Of Aragon (Formely : Duchy of Barcelona, conquered the Kingdom of Aragon :razz:) and Navarra are alive and its not even 1100 yet....
The new patch created invincible Muslim LEGION.

In my last game all of Iberia and southern France was Muslim along with 70% of Italy....

And the crusade are impossible to complete....

Jerusalem is defended by more then 200k doomstack.

The Levant is near impossible to conquer when starting a game before the 1090's. Whenever I manage to get a foothold in the Holy Land, I get zerged by either Seljuqs or the Buyahids within a decade. Muslims seem a tad overpowered just about everywhere except in the Maghreb and the Iberian Peninsula, in my opinion. Starting out as either the kingdom of Navarra, Aragon, Castille or Leon is massively fun. By aligning yourself with the other kingdoms through marriage, you can easily conquer one province after the other by declaring a few holy wars.

I'm not sure what do with the "wrong-type-of holding" stuff that occurs when you gain a place with a city capital(instead of the usual castle capital). I just got Leinster. You can't just assign a random guy to the city capital through right-click options. There's also a barony minor holding that always goes along with the city capital too.

I heard that as long as it isn't the mayor-type assigned to a city capital, you get an income penalty. But I don't think a guy from your court would be a mayor-type, and you can't just hire a random guy through right-click options on the city capital.

I usually just give it away when it's not a castle as main thingy. I usually give it to a random guy with give landed title. Maybe not the best option, but i usually cba'd to search up a mayor guy :F

Rather recently I've noticed that after a while those "Wrong type of holding"-counties revert to a normal feudal county again. Instead of appointing another clergyman to the archbishopric of Durham, I decided to play the greedy card and keep it all to myself. And so the archbishopric of Durham became the county of Durham after a few years.

Back
Top Bottom