Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2  (Read 266132 times)

LittleJP

• Sergeant Knight
  • The Bunny is now observing your thoughts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: LittleJP
  • WB
Re: Crusader Kings 2
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2012, 04:43:16 AM »
Well, I know some people were trying to find out how to do the Carte Blanche modification. However, here's a pre-done one for the excellent Prince and the Thane mod.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21144567/Carte%20Blanche%20-%20The%20Prince%20and%20the%20Thane.rar

Carte Blanche 1.0.1
Author: Wolfgang Pauli, adapted to The Prince and the Thane by LittleJP

* CHANGELOG *

Fixed buildings.txt
Changed provinces so all of them can build 7 holdings.
Made ruler designer have no cost

----
Initial release for 3.4b

* Installation *
1.) Unzip to your Crusader Kings II \mod\The Prince and the Thane
2.) Start the CK2 launcher and enable 'The Prince and the Thane'
3.) Hit play. Start a new campaign as the Count of Zagreb.
4.) Before unpausing, save the game, resign, and reload as the character of your choice.

* Ruler Designer & Carte Blanche *
It is only possible to use the Ruler Designer when starting a new campaign, not when loading. Therefore, to design your ruler for the county of your choosing:

1.) Go to \mod\The Prince...\history\titles\ and locate the county of your choosing (i.e. c_dublin.txt)
2.) Paste the following :
 50.1.1={
   holder=99999
}

At the top
3.) Delete
50.1.1={
   holder=99999
}
in c_zagreb.txt
5.) Save this file and launch The Prince and the Thane
6.) Your new county will be available to design your ruler.
PM all problems to me at the forums,

Notes:
I have not changed the event dates, therefore, mongol invasions and the like will take place at the usual time.
Quote from: Cyborg Eastern European
Well, shoving a grenade up your arse does sound like an entertaining prospect, now that you mention it.
Quote from: McBeverage
It does seem like it'd be a blast, doesn't it?

Rebelknight

• Doing Ché a blowjob
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Why hello there.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Rebelknight
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:26 AM »
******** Mulsim Iberia, always conquering all the other christian kingdom in Iberia during the first few years.

This time only me (Duchy Of Aragon (Formely : Duchy of Barcelona, conquered the Kingdom of Aragon :P) and Navarra are alive and its not even 1100 yet....
The new patch created invincible Muslim LEGION.

In my last game all of Iberia and southern France was Muslim along with 70% of Italy....

And the crusade are impossible to complete....

Jerusalem is defended by more then 200k doomstack.

Orchid

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Wigmund/RowlandThrockmorton
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #887 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »
The Levant is near impossible to conquer when starting a game before the 1090's. Whenever I manage to get a foothold in the Holy Land, I get zerged by either Seljuqs or the Buyahids within a decade. Muslims seem a tad overpowered just about everywhere except in the Maghreb and the Iberian Peninsula, in my opinion. Starting out as either the kingdom of Navarra, Aragon, Castille or Leon is massively fun. By aligning yourself with the other kingdoms through marriage, you can easily conquer one province after the other by declaring a few holy wars.

dustbiter

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #888 on: May 07, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
I'm not sure what do with the "wrong-type-of holding" stuff that occurs when you gain a place with a city capital(instead of the usual castle capital). I just got Leinster. You can't just assign a random guy to the city capital through right-click options. There's also a barony minor holding that always goes along with the city capital too.

I heard that as long as it isn't the mayor-type assigned to a city capital, you get an income penalty. But I don't think a guy from your court would be a mayor-type, and you can't just hire a random guy through right-click options on the city capital.

Golradir

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Golradir
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: OLL/CoR_Gol
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #889 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
I usually just give it away when it's not a castle as main thingy. I usually give it to a random guy with give landed title. Maybe not the best option, but i usually cba'd to search up a mayor guy :F

Orchid

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #890 on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
Rather recently I've noticed that after a while those "Wrong type of holding"-counties revert to a normal feudal county again. Instead of appointing another clergyman to the archbishopric of Durham, I decided to play the greedy card and keep it all to myself. And so the archbishopric of Durham became the county of Durham after a few years.

Golradir

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Golradir
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #891 on: May 07, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
..really? :shock:

Orchid

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #892 on: May 07, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »
I sweareth upon mine noble heir Henry VII, (future) Duke of York's eyes. My guess is they implemented that feature with the 1.04 patch.

Golradir

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Golradir
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Never seen it :o Time to usurp some random noble and try it out ;3 how long d'you reckon it took to turn into a county?

Orchid

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2012, 12:53:07 PM »
Can't put my finger on how long it took exactly, but I do recall that it didn't take all that long. My guesstimate is no longer than a decade.

dustbiter

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »
Became King of Ireland, held the Grand Tournament. I won... surprising cos' I had only 10 martial. Then the tournament ended, no 2nd or 3rd place announced, well whatever. Months later I got the prestige/gold for 2nd place, then for 3rd place as well after that.

Also I don't like how bethrothals work now, you can choose regular/matrilineal, but the AI doesn't follow it. I bethrothed my son to a countess and gave him a capital city. Later when she hits 16 their marriage is matrilineal. Well they are of the same dynasty in this case, so it might be possible that the AI is smart enough to know it doesn't matter in this case.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:31:03 PM by dustbiter »

rapier17

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Stay safe and keep your powder dry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Richard_Flockton
« Reply #896 on: May 07, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
I think someone rigged that tournament...  :wink: :lol:

Taalen

• Archbishop of Drunkland
  • Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: irc://Taalen
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #897 on: May 07, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
Became King of Ireland, held the Grand Tournament. I won... surprising cos' I had only 10 martial. Then the tournament ended, no 2nd or 3rd place announced, well whatever. Months later I got the prestige/gold for 2nd place, then for 3rd place as well after that.

Sounds like he's really popular :lol: Not a single knight in Ireland wanted to attend.

Orchid

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #898 on: May 07, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
Also I don't like how bethrothals work now, you can choose regular/matrilineal, but the AI doesn't follow it. I bethrothed my son to a countess and gave him a capital city. Later when she hits 16 their marriage is matrilineal. Well they are of the same dynasty in this case, so it might be possible that the AI is smart enough to know it doesn't matter in this case.
I've noticed that before. Normally when both suitors have reached their 16th birthday, you will get two notifications at the top of your screen. You'll always get one where you take the initiative of marrying both suitors off by clicking the send button. Then on the other hand there's an optional notification you don't always get, where the liege of the other suitor requests you to marry his/her courtier because of her coming of age. When the latter happens AND the female suitor you wanted to marry your male courtier to has a title, the AI has a sly way of asking you in that very proposal whether you wouldn't possibly be interested in marrying them matrilineally. However if the betrothal was concluded as a regular marriage, you can just decline and and take the initiative yourself by sending your own invitation of marriage. That way the couple will marry the way you wanted them to.

Haresus

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #899 on: May 07, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
Yeah, the AI can be tricky in that.

"Hey, wanna marry those two kiddies now? Great!

Matrilineally"
I only agree with democracy if the people voting are sane.