Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

In defines.txt (not .lua) change the start date to whatever you want. You can also change the end date if you want too.

Though I would put it in a mod folder so that it doesn't **** up your checksum for playing online.

Eктωρ said:
So, the Mongols arrive and I'm in Persia. ****scared right? Right?

Nope. Half of the Mongol Army just turned aroudn and pledged alliegance to my heir. My guy dies days after that and suddenly I have 150 thousand free troops to throw around.
Hello Southern Persian states. I'd like to have a talk to you.

This is most probably a bug. I still have no idea of what causes that.

Apparently it has to do with me playing Zoroastrian. The game kind of went WAT DO when the mongols arrived against a type of ruler that should never have existed.

The Khan had his invasion planned in the slightest of details, his men knew everything about the lands they were going to invade, they had books that were several hundred pages long on the kings of the most powerful realms BUT one thing was wrong when they arrived:
Persia was Zoroastrian.

The Khan was in panic, he clawed his eyes out and threw himself off a cliff! His men were also confused, what is this religion? Should they kill everyone? Why did their Khan just do suicide? Who is their leader now? Maybe these Persians are nice guys? Maybe their King would make a good Khan?

After a few hours of discussion they joined Persia.

Is that an accurate description of your events, Ektwp? :wink: The Khan probably did not die, but I took some artistic licenseEA with that.

Dryvus said:
So now I own most of England but can't afford to usurp and create all of the titles. What now?

Well, wait until you have enough money? Secure your throne, and your vassals. Keep the threat of Rebllion as low as possible. Basically just work on making it stable, so that you can Usurp/Create titles without much trouble. After all, you have until you die to do it. Try to organise the succession to best suit you.

That is assuming you are currently at peace. If not, then I don't know. I haven't tried playing as England, Normandy or Norway at the start of the game yet.

Well, the most horrible thing that can happen is your character dies before you are finished with your business.

What creating and usurping basically does, is gives you titles to keep/hand out to vassals. While creating just makes you one from scratch, you can imagine usurping would make the person you usurp it from hate you a bit. They are likely to get a claim on the title you stole (I think). So be careful what titles you usurp. It can land you in ****.

Untitled. said:
I think I'll wait until I can get this a bit cheaper, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks for the recommendations guys.
Wait for the next big Steam sale, hopefully by then with an expansion bundled in as well  :mrgreen:

Haresus said:
The Khan had his invasion planned in the slightest of details, his men knew everything about the lands they were going to invade, they had books that were several hundred pages long on the kings of the most powerful realms BUT one thing was wrong when they arrived:
Persia was Zoroastrian.

The Khan was in panic, he clawed his eyes out and threw himself off a cliff! His men were also confused, what is this religion? Should they kill everyone? Why did their Khan just do suicide? Who is their leader now? Maybe these Persians are nice guys? Maybe their King would make a good Khan?

After a few hours of discussion they joined Persia.

Is that an accurate description of your events, Ektwp? :wink: The Khan probably did not die, but I took some artistic licenseEA with that.

I'd go more with something like on the grounds that Kurush IV shook their minds with his mysticistic religion, and thus the Khan accepted residence in his realm, fascinated by him. And understanbly most of the great warriors were amazed by the man that could subvert even the Khan.
Kurush IV then went ahead to promise all the lands in Persia to the lords who aided him.

That's pretty much what happened, since they just marched straight ahead to Bukhara, changed banner and conquerd Tukmenistan in like, one month. I've named one of the 2389439485 Alaghs that appeared the Bey of the place, and I'll now proceed to **** up Hamadan, Fars and Hormuz; the other Persian states.

The Persian name for Mongolia: "Alastan", came from the age old tradition among Mongol lords to name every single of their sons Alagh, so when the mongol hordes pledged alliegance to Kurush IV, great confusion ensured when all the leading generals were named exactly the same. This made a great number of the Persian nobility to think all Mongol people were named Alagh, and thus this very interesting pearl in the Persian language was created.

As Duke Konrad of Luxembourg, I can press de jure claims on the Bishop of Liege. His liege has to be my liege, which seems unlikely; what sort of options are available to accomplish this type of thing?

Edit: My cousin spymaster revealed my heir brother's plot to assassinate me, so I rewarded him with a marriage to a lustful 14-year old Italian girl. :lol:

Orchid said:
Yes, I would be interested in learning how to do this as well.

If I remember correctly, you have to go into titles folder and put in a holder of that title at the year 50. Also, remember to change the date for any events that fire, such as crusades and the like.

When my new Duke took control I noticed something odd between him and his King...

3w6Hr.jpg

I assume they will be spending large amounts of time discussing diplomatic relations together...

Back
Top Bottom