Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

El Perro Finlandes said:
In my Aragon game after two failed attempts to conquer parts of southern France/Aquitaine I've decided to focus in the conquest of Portugal and North Africa. Those meddling English, ruining my plans of expansion. How can 15000 men with average leaders beat 20000 with good leaders? It makes no sense!

It's not all troop amounts, get yourself some heavy cav and wreck armies twice your size.

b9oyrr7.jpg

I have a query:

In my most successful and one of my most fun games to date, I've built my self a nice Scottish empire that is flourishing. Early in the game, during the reign of my first king, I switched my laws to absolute cognatic primogeniture, which means that my first kid gets everything, regardless of gender. Now, my latest character happens to be an Empress, and even though I have two perfectly fit legitimate children, I'm getting the "No heir to your dynasty! The game will end on your death!" popup. I think the issue is that I apparently neglected to make this marriage matrilineal, likely due to the fact that I'm a stupendous idiot, so the kids are of their father's lesser pleb dynasty. Is there anyway to dig myself out of this hole so my really nice game doesn't die in its infancy? It's worth noting that I'm probably past child bearing age, being pregnant with some last random priest's bastard at 36.

If you're past child-bearing age your only real bet is to kill off your children. In that case your heir should become someone from your dynasty. Alternatively, change the laws to, say, elective or whatever.

You could try playing till she's about to kick the bucket (maybe till then and load a recent save) and choose to play something else until she dies. Then you can switch back to playing the same realm again, only it won't be the same dynasty.

Hmmmm. Interdasting idea. Might do, but I think I'll probably just delete the save, as I've gotten so blobby I don't even know what to do anymore, and the chief source of entertainment was roleplaying that particular dynasty. Maybe I'll try India for the first time or something.

My liege lord became a dirty dirty Catholic! Even 'offered' to have one of my boys tutored by a fiddl bishop. Luckily I was already striving towards independence for my holdings in Lithuania, so I can keep the whole mess consolidated once I gather meself the kingship.

Edit; nuts. He leaned on me and I had to quit the leadership of the faction. I simply rejoined it, but now the decision isn't mine.
Edit2; there we go!  I should be able to use my renown to get some troops, if need be.
3; that was simple. My mother even harrangued five hundred men into becoming zealots for me... just after reaching 100% warscore.

4; my chap snuffed it with only 3% (and a small boatload of money) left before I could 'create' or 'usurp' (oddly, a young boy became king of Lithuania after my former lord died. His only holding was Reval, which belongs to kingdom of Finland. uh. k.) and that chap of mine had three sons. One of whom was overthrown by someone who had been a bit of a pain for that previous character, but now overthrew my brother in order to be my vassal. New chap still finished the subjugation war, so I'm now I have about 10 counties necessary. Now to treble the money I have, and then conquer some more and Gorm Ulfing is your uncle. And lithuania'll be mine.  :party:

Crusader Kings is wrong on so many level.
I love it.
I'm tempted to link this game to Jack Thompson.

How do I use incest to my advantage?
[–]BeardShifterMy duke feasts with me 155 points 20 jours de ça
Get members of the same dynasty, force them to marry, let them produce inbreds/imbeciles, marry inbreds/imbeciles to people of the ruling dynasty in foreign realms, assassinate everyone until the person you married the inbred/imbecile to inherits, let them have retarded, deformed children, and watch as the realm collapses when they inherit.

I have a pretty good method that leads to ruling over a realm of drooling inbred hunchbacks.
First step is to have lots of babies. Think about picking seduction focus for a bit so you can maximize your breeding potential. The key here is to have as many children as possible. Switch to agnatic succession if you want, because all your daughters will be married off and you don't want to risk them inheriting. Once your babies start coming of age, marry the girls to courtiers and land them. Any boys you have should be married to young lustful ladies and kept at your court. Ideally you should be stripping your vassals of their titles and replacing them with courtiers married to your daughters. By the time your character is getting ready to kick off, you should have a realm populated by vassals who are all married to your daughters.
Generation 2 should see your heir come to the throne in a pretty good position. I mean, all of your vassals are your in-laws and have the marriage ties opinion bonus. With your second character you ought to pick family focus, both for the dynastic relations boost and for the increased fertility. Make more babies. Marry those babies into the houses of your vassals who are married to your sisters. Remember your brothers at your court? Get them married and pair off their children with your vassal's children. Consider landing a couple of your brothers as well. Between the potential for claims and the alliances gained from these marriages, your vassals will be more than happy to marry their children to their first cousins.
Each generation should repeat this process, marrying daughters into the houses descended from your first character's daughters. In addition to this, your vassals will be marrying into each others' families of their own accord for the alliances and claims. Bonus points for doing this as a Hindu, since caste restrictions make it even more likely that the family trees stay relatively branchless.
Between your vassal's normal behavior (marrying for claims and alliances) and you setting up marriages with your daughters, within 3-4 generations max you'll have a bunch of vassals who are first cousins and all marrying each other. Generation 3 or 4 is when you'll start noticing the congenital traits like hunchback and hairlip, and if you're lucky, inbred. Keep marrying the relatives to each other, and pretty soon your vassals will all be bizarrely related to one another, and horrifically deformed due to extensive inbreeding.
perma-lien
[–]Caelum_Cantorus 71 points 20 jours de ça
So...it's really just a West Virginia simulator?

RabbleKnight said:
How do I use incest to my advantage?
[–]BeardShifterMy duke feasts with me 155 points 20 jours de ça
Get members of the same dynasty, force them to marry, let them produce inbreds/imbeciles, marry inbreds/imbeciles to people of the ruling dynasty in foreign realms, assassinate everyone until the person you married the inbred/imbecile to inherits, let them have retarded, deformed children, and watch as the realm collapses when they inherit.
That's brilliant :lol:

I, the 67 year old king of Wales, killed the Holy Roman Emperor in battle when he landed on English shores to help stop my conquest of Dorset.

Back
Top Bottom