Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems to change player to player, but I have personally noticed a pattern, throughout each DLC, for the Muslims to completely dominate Spain and start significantly affecting Europe, unless I choose a fairly late start. Add to that they nearly as often take over parts of Italy the other islands like Sardinia and Sicily, again unless I choose a very late start.

It just goes to show how great this game is that everyone manages to have different experiences with the major factions/religions/culture groups. As for me, I've often found the Muslims start off strong but fragment really quickly once their decadence builds up and revolts start happening, it's quite easy to pick them off piecemeal, when the Caliphs are fighting sometimes upwards of 3 separate revolts/general wars of middling size and differing cause. In my games as the Byzantines I've taken all of the Eastern Mediterranean coast and Syria proper in one or two generations, just from picking off bits from rulers who are fighting revolts. The benefit to that is "supporting" the revolt means the treaty expires instantly if they win.

Oh yeah, it's easy to interfere with the Muslims, I just meant that if I don't because I'm busy being a low-nobility count or just doing my own thing, they dominate the AI.

Ah well in that case I've seen it's pretty much a 50/50 toss-up between the Byzantines and Muslims and the Muslims and Catholic Iberians in my games where I haven't interfered. Although a Catholic Reconquista is, admittedly, rarer from the earliest of dates.

So far only did one decent-length game but the HRE slaughtered the Muslims so badly they had more territory between Jerusalem and modern India than they had in Europe. Then again, the entirety of North-Western Africa was one Muslim superpower, the same for South-Eastern Africa.

Well. GG.

w73BueB.jpg

TGyVp9S.jpg

Thanks to Epicrules, I have been taught how to downgrade CK2, which means I've been playing aGoT.

Started as Renly, instantly convinced Stannis to abandon his claim and join me, and marched on King's Landing. Tragically, Loras died during the siege and my army was crushed by the numerically inferior Lannisters. The weakened Lannister army, however, was no match when Stannis landed his 10k+ army in the north and zerg-rushed to King's Landing, taking it in a matter of months, winning the war, and securing me the Iron Throne not a year into the game. I captured and released everyone in the royal family besides Cersei and Joffery, and am now marching north to take out Robb, and shortly after, Mance with the aid of Stannis and the other loyal kingdoms. Now I only need to teach Renly how to operate a vagina in order to produce an heir and I'll be set. So pumped right now.

So I started a Cornwall game in the Charlemagne start.
The Frankish Emperor conquered everything in its path but somehow got defeated by a Cathar uprising.  :lol:
I expanded Cornwall to include part of Wales.
My current Duke has 2 diplomacy but like 16 martial and stewardship...
Him and his wife are both cruel and deceitful, he has the Frankish Emperor as a father in law.
Heretics are a plenty, Cathar mainly and Pollard.
The Byzantine cant make up its mind and keep switching from orthodox to iconoclast and vice versa.
Fun game so far.

Playing currently with Amalfi since Charlemagne. Took a chance and invaded the Lombard kingdom, and since then pushed my way across Provence, Toulouse, Barcelona and Valencia with holy wars. Tunis and Tripoli were also taken. Independence from the Byzantine Empire is now a valid prospect and they are still capable enough to keep invasions off. On my way to form a Western Roman Republic.

Ummayad dominance:
1. Invade Asturias (trough county conquests OR holy wars, if the Francia has revolts)
1.5 Hope lombardy doesnt get inherited
2. Invade Mali (trough invasion CB)
2.5 Hope Mali doesnt convert to islam.
3. Invade aquataine (Use advantage when there's revolt's happening)
3.5 make alliances with Africa and Abbassids
4. CRUSH WEST FRANCIA by invading burgundy.
5. Invade lombardy.
5.5 Kill the pope
5.75 enjoy hertic revolts in catholic lands.
6. Invade Germany
7. Deal with 100th catholic uprising.
7.5 finish cleansing of ibadi, shia and west african religions in west africa.
8. Deal with vikings.
8.5 Laugh at dansih catholic convertion.
9. Help abbasids in jihad, which failed.
9.5 DONT help shia jihad for anatolia.
10. Help and dominate jihad for anatolia AGAIN.
10.5 After realm is stable again, invade france.
10.75 Laugh at frankish succesion crisis event.
11. World dominance.

Between these step, you might experience a crusdae or two against you, dont worry, if you have sparred the pope, or he has found new home, you can just knock on his door, and accept sunni islam.

Ok, then.

Curonian world dominance

0. Start in charlemange
1. Revoke all vasal titles (be absolute ruler)
2. Get some more money
2.5 Get event spawned troops from advisors
3. Subjugate Livonia.
4. take becoming of king ambition
5. Subjugate all the lithuanian tribes, starting with prussia.
5.5 When prussia is conquered, revoke more titles, if your demesne allows it.
6. make custom kingdom (lithuania is too expensive

Between these steps get only one wive. When he borns you one son, kill her, to avoid ealm splitting. If you get twins, you are screwed.

7. Weaken poland
7.5 Chew up Poland.
7.75 raid neighboring realms
8. chew small russian realms
8.5 stabilise the realm
9. Go for faith reformation
9.5 Chew more slavics
10. Reform Romuva
11. Become feudal (merchant is going to slow you down)
12. WORLD DOMINANCE

Captured Joe said:
Now play Wallachia.
The Duchy, not the kingdom of course.
How about pechenegs, i have tried it too, I can say the step by step dominance with them.

Just for giggles.

Socotra world domiantion.
1. Sit and wait for money.
2. Sit and wait for money.
3. sit and wait for money.
4. Repeat stap 1 - 3, until you have enough money for fleet and mercs, so you can invade somali.
4.5 Dream about it, since other muslims have already invaded last nestorian bastion.

Back
Top Bottom