Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Sherlock Holmes said:
Me and Jordan are in for that. I played 270 hours of CK2 in total, he's played 1100. And all my 270 hours were on multiplayer with that man.
55635881647B080E53A6328393972A6D04A3E747
Doesn't it become rather snowbally and boring to ram every teritorry that isn't your with ****ton of armies? Or the inner turmoil keeps you busy from that.

That game was only maybe 10 hours or so.
We played all mods, most impossible ****ing scenarios and ****.

And no, it doesn't get very boring because every time a ruler dies **** goes down and there are so many funny events going about and keeping track of it is really ridicolous. My emperor had the Voice of Jesus trait, and I had a 45 martial courtier which smashed 20k muslim armies with 4k cataphracts. Also the ever-lasting fight about who's going to take Hungary, why is it a buffer zone and other crap  :smile:

Hardly gonna happen, I have 500 000 men, he has 400 000, Hungary maybe 60 000  :lol:
I secretly allied Hungary to me however + royal marriage. Going to be funny when he finds out.

Just a spot of plotting (wit support from the previous Basileus) and I'm doux of Achaia, Strategos of the Byzantine Empire (genius + brilliant tactician contributing towards 21 martial), and regent and mentor of the 14-year old Basileus rather than Count of Methone (under constant threat of revocation) and strategos of Achaia.

Edit; aaan I'm practically his only loyal doux in Zenon of Thrace's attempt for the throne.  Actually one of six. And one of those is supporting Korinthian revolt against my dukity.

Said Emperor lost his throne and his balls at 16. Now the count of Thrace, brother of the new emperor, is trying to become emperor. Him I particularly dislike, he'd plotted to have me murdered and is my rival. Editagain; that war is over. That rival is gone. Oh gravity.

Help me out here guys. I've been thinking about experimenting with AAR writing. The plan is to use the Game of Thrones mod and play one of the less powerful houses, making decisions more according to character traits than aiming for a world conquest. But I need to pick a family to play, and which family gets chosen should have a pretty big impact on the theme of things. For example, some families I've considered and which way I might be taking them (obviously as long as it fits character traits):

House Dayne: with the whole Sword of the Morning and gallantry thing, playing the Daynes would probably be a pretty goody goody thing - appreciation of virtue traits, preference for military matters and knighthood, loyalty to just lords but opposition to unjust ones, with little attention paid to intrigue.

House Manderly: defined by their dynastic gratitude to the Starks, it would take a very unusual Manderly or exceptionally tyrannical Stark for them to not support them at every opportunity. Playing as the Manderlys would be following the whims of the AI lord, even for an obviously doomed cause.

House Frey: one word - opportunism. Pragmatic approach to everything, loyalty only to money and power. Seize the opportunity when your target is weak. Playing Freys would probably be closest to a typical game of CK2.

Feel free to make any suggestions, be it a family, a general theme for one, or a starting scenario - everything after Aegon's Conquest is fine but, not earlier - I want the Iron Throne to exist from the start. Any family below Lord Paramount level in Westeros is good to suggest, doesn't have to be one of my examples. Playing in the Vale or Westerlands might also be interesting, just haven't looked at the houses very closely.

Mallisterrrr. Their coat of arms is somewhat imperial, they have long martial tradition of fighting ironmen, and their castle has a cool name.

there's too damn many claimants. I've just been appointed strategos for the SEVENTH Basileos (and two back was a Bassilissa). One character!

Back
Top Bottom