Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I play a game as the count of Dublin (old gods). I wanted to create the Duchy of Meath and then become king of Ireland maybe. I can not do this because my liege is only a petty king. What should I do, claim independance? Or first help my liege to become king of scotland?

So the other day I was reading CK II guides, one called How to lose at CK II and I was laughing my ass off, thinking most of those things written there were abit over the top ...
Then it happens to me right away on my (seemingly successful) Norway game: my Vangarian heir comes back, finding himself drown in "Greek love" (aka. gay) and his genius betrothed wife (at 14 when I arrange their marriage), is chaste ...
It's all fine, I play calmly, since I have a content brother next to my line, and he doesn't cause me much trouble for over 10 years ... until my gay king and his chaste wife gave me a daughter at 48, then he rebel, so I crushed him and divide his lands to his twin daughters, then ... I died "naturally" at 50, leaving my 2 years old daughter with another rebellion springing up ... and all my court hate my little girl ... and an half-empty coffer since last war ...

So in my Norse game of CKII, my liege just converted to Catholicism.  That came as a surprise, but even more surprising was to see that I had automatically converted to it as well!  Now all my vassals despise me and I can't go raiding anymore.  Shouldn't I have had a choice in the matter?

Hengwulf said:
I play a game as the count of Dublin (old gods). I wanted to create the Duchy of Meath and then become king of Ireland maybe. I can not do this because my liege is only a petty king. What should I do, claim independance? Or first help my liege to become king of scotland?
I started as the chief of Dublin as well and am in the same pickle.  My liege has the entirety of Scotland now, as well as the ambition to form the Kingdom... but for some reason hasn't done it yet.  It's pissing me off.

Rebelknight said:
What is this Host army thing?
I know Norse can raid but what actually create these army called Host? They are not under any Norse Kingdom control.

It is just a random courtier getting an army with a claim on some county/duchy. It is usually the Pagans but I've also seen the Normans doing it.

A title claimant sometimes leaves the court he is in and raises his own army to go after his claim.

I matrilineally married my spymaster daughter(24 intrigue) to a prince of abyssinia, later he starts a war for the kingdom of abyssinia, so I supported his war, and abyssinia becomes of norse religion and of my dynasty.

Crroatian said:
Rebelknight said:
What is this Host army thing?
I know Norse can raid but what actually create these army called Host? They are not under any Norse Kingdom control.

It is just a random courtier getting an army with a claim on some county/duchy. It is usually the Pagans but I've also seen the Normans doing it.

Can the player get an army this way?
And why did that Norwegian get a claim on my lands? (I'm Prussia)

Host can occur from a court on any religion. A landless claimant is most likely to form a host, especially one targeting his claim (but not always). Random courtiers can form hosts to attack random places as well--the latter happens more often than I think is realistic--I often see Norse Tangier and Norse Marrakech. The player can't start off as an adventurer, but IIRC, if you use the console to switch to one, you might be able to play as them.

Yeah. I'm probably lucky that I don't have money to buy it, since I don't particularly want to start another game before I get it, and keeping that play time at 300 hours for now might not be a bad thing. :lol:

That mod is one thing that's I've avoided on purpose, scared as I am to think how much time it would take.

And yeah, I have managed to keep it at that, so far. :razz:

Edit: Also, good to see you again. :eek:

If anyone is silly enough to not already have CK2, http://greenmangaming.com is having a 75% off sale on the base game as well as most of the DLC for the next ~13 hours. The only DLCs that look to not be included are The Old Gods and the brand new Celtic face/unit packs.

Back
Top Bottom