Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing a pagan is way harder than Muslim or Christian.

Survival of the fittest is at work there.
You show one weakness and the whole ****ing region is up on your ass.

Playing deep in the east is the hardest imo.

I find norse very easy. Their main problems are 1)rebellious vassals who like to go for independence before norse faith is reformed, and 2)forced gavelkind. They can start wars and conquer a lot easier than the christians, and gain lots of gold from raiding. Use the gold to fund your retinue/mercs and improve your unit buildings. This takes care of problem 1, cos' you can easily beat your vassals into submission. Use your gold to remove the sons you don't want, that takes care of problem 2 till you reform norse faith and get your succession laws changed.

My current norse game, I have Scandanavia and Britannia empires, I've picked up France and most of Spain. I hope to become the most prestigious dynasty, almost caught up with some sunni dynasty, cos' conquering more land to rule feels like a chore to manage- and your vassals are pretty aggressive so they'll expand the empire on their own too.

dustbiter said:
I find norse very easy. Their main problems are 1)rebellious vassals who like to go for independence before norse faith is reformed, and 2)forced gavelkind. They can start wars and conquer a lot easier than the christians, and gain lots of gold from raiding. Use the gold to fund your retinue/mercs and improve your unit buildings. This takes care of problem 1, cos' you can easily beat your vassals into submission. Use your gold to remove the sons you don't want, that takes care of problem 2 till you reform norse faith and get your succession laws changed.

Slavic and Balt are the hardest.
Imo.
You have to foresee everything that could happen and prevent vassals from ever rebelling because nearby Slavic will rush you.

Well before my empire was established I swore fealty to Denmark for a while. Watching your neighbours and the power balance is what you always have to do. Denmark was gifted to me later though.

dustbiter said:
Hmm found a noblewoman married to a lowborn. Thought it's always matrilineal, maybe it was due to the arrange marriage event.

My norse game with Halfdan Whiteshirt turned out to be pretty interesting. Starts off picking up Northumberland, next I pick on the Irish. Started thinking of joing Scotland or Denmark, and Scotland takes all my Irish holdings in one swoop. Joined Denmark, did lots of raiding, helped fend off an independence war, then I got fed up and joined the second one. Took the throne Scotland in about 10 years through invasion. Was worrying about what to do about Denmark when they decided to fight for my claim, mom was a danish princess. Denmark was gifted to me so I'm working on reforming norse faith.

Hi fellas, recently I have taken strongly interests in CK II and Grand Strategy Games in general (watching excellent youtube commentators such as Surrealbeliefs & Quill18 playing CK II is a great entertainment)
I bought Sengoku and I think I felt in love with this type of game, and I'm glancing at CK II with temptation ... but spending another 100 $ is out of my gaming budget this month  :???:
so could u guys give me a round estimation when will The Old God DLC are incoporated into CK II Collection?

Rebelknight said:
Wont allow me to take a Catholic concubine so number 1 wont work :sad:
You'll sometimes capture prisoners after successfully completing a siege. This actually resulted in me being a bit naughty in my current Polish game...I first captured the eldest daughter - who was a very small child at the time - of the Count of Krakow, and in a different siege some time later I captured his wife and second daughter. Since both daughters were captured as small children I was able to educate them myself, so they ended up with Midas Touched + some other good traits. The eldest daughter became my wife once she came of age (note: it seems that you have to go Concubine -> Wife when it comes to prisoners), while her mother and sister both became my concubines. It was nice to have several options for converting to Catholicism, but I ended up reforming Slavic Paganism instead (though getting the necessary moral authority was actually pretty annoying).

Golradir said:
You should see your score when you resign, no matter if it's the first char.
That used to be the case, but as of the latest patch it seems that the game excludes your current character's score from the total when you resign. Whether that's an intentional change or a bug, I couldn't say.

Arzeal said:
Hi fellas, recently I have taken strongly interests in CK II and Grand Strategy Games in general (watching excellent youtube commentators such as Surrealbeliefs & Quill18 playing CK II is a great entertainment)
I bought Sengoku and I think I felt in love with this type of game, and I'm glancing at CK II with temptation ... but spending another 100 $ is out of my gaming budget this month  :???:
so could u guys give me a round estimation when will The Old God DLC are incoporated into CK II Collection?
I don't really expect a changed "collection" anytime soon, but CK2 seems to go on sale pretty frequently. There are supposed to be some more minor DLC(s) released within the next week or two (Celtic face pack for sure, and I'm thinking there may be a Unit and/or Music pack as well), so it's certainly possible that some of the other stuff will go on sale then.

Is it just me or does the Aztecs always convert like really quickly?
I played two quick games now, in the first they converted to Sunni after 7 years or so, in the second game the first Emperor converted to Catholic after 3 years, I then killed him and installed a true Aztec on the throne, but he converted less than a year later as well! Considering that the Aztecs don't seem to have the conversion events like the Mongols do, is this just bad luck with foreign proselytizers?

May I ask why people dislike Sunset Invasion?
As much as I have always been a fan of Aztecs and their culture and religion in general and so I may be biased, I really don't understand why people bash it so much.
Edit: Kobrag, don't be a **** against someone because he's joking around.

I like the general idea of preparing against an invasion of intruders of mystique origin and culture. It just gets slightly ridicioules when there's 2 of it and the Aztecs and the Golden Horde eventually border.

I guess I'm just unlucky with my hordes, considering all my hordes get crushed by 1) The HRE, 2) Hungary, 3)The Russkies, 4) Fatimids/Seljuks, 5) Francia.
I don't know, it always seem that the Golden Horde stops at around Hungary, Ilkhanate stops at Mesopotamia and the Aztecs only get Iceland, Norway, Mauretania and half of Spain. I've never seen a horde do particularily well.

The Golden Horde once got very lucky by bordering the HRE during a civil war.
Francia barely held them off to the end of the game.
By 1585 (EUIII) Spain was the only mainland Christian country. France, Denmark, Papal states and Norway survive in the New World.

With the new Old Gods DLC, do pagans usually last the entire game?  In the regular games I had played, usually all of the world is monotheistic by about 1300.  Now that I'm playing the Old Gods, it's about 900 and like half of Europe is Norse.

So, in my personal mod, I gave Rollo claims on the counties in Normandy and started up a game to watch him, hoping he goes off adventuring. Unfortunately, he died at age 24 (in 867, he's 22 IIRC).  :???:

IIRC, it wasn't so much that you died young (although the maximum expected age was  somewhat lower), it was that a crapton of people died before puberty, and a crapton of women died during childbirth, which dragged down the average expected age a lot. Generally, if you lived past puberty, you were good for another 30-50 years.

Back
Top Bottom