Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

In Warband the battles scale to 1 vs 1 Flanks max; but in Crusader Kings there are 3 diffrent battles going on at the same time. Left, Middle, & Right Flanks. If my king is going to charge ahead, there is no way I'll let my king die if we greatly out number the enemy.

The kings role was so important, if he died on the field, this could instantly split up the kingdom and the army if the next King/Queen doesn't have High Crown Authority Law. At the end of the day, I feel like this is immersion breaking. Even being able to pause and assassinate leading army generals in the middle of battle (To cripple flank tactics) is quite immersion breaking.

In my first 1.06 game, my initial Irish Count-turned-King lived to be 83 years old. The eventual death happened when leading a vastly superior army against enemies that had already been routed twice and were being chased down and eliminated. While I agree that situations like that are rather silly (maybe the old king got too excited about chasing down the Muslim infidels and had a heart attack?), they also haven't been happening to me very often for the most part. Like I said before though, it's fairly inconsistent; I had one battle where I lost two solid military leaders (one died and the other became incapable), but then again I've fought some fairly long wars where I didn't lose anyone.

As a side note here, I do wish you'd get some alerts when characters other than your king are wounded during battle; the only way I found out that one of my guys was made incapable was that the council position he held inexplicably opened up, and when I hunted the character down in my courtier list, I saw that he now had that trait.

That would be nice, it doesn't tell me when my Chancellor of 20 years gets brain fever but if a skill-less, title-less courtier gets a cold I get two dings, a pop up and a letter of condolences from the Pope.

Wheem said:
In my first 1.06 game, my initial Irish Count-turned-King lived to be 83 years old. The eventual death happened when leading a vastly superior army against enemies that had already been routed twice and were being chased down and eliminated. While I agree that situations like that are rather silly (maybe the old king got too excited about chasing down the Muslim infidels and had a heart attack?), they also haven't been happening to me very often for the most part. Like I said before though, it's fairly inconsistent; I had one battle where I lost two solid military leaders (one died and the other became incapable), but then again I've fought some fairly long wars where I didn't lose anyone.

As a side note here, I do wish you'd get some alerts when characters other than your king are wounded during battle; the only way I found out that one of my guys was made incapable was that the council position he held inexplicably opened up, and when I hunted the character down in my courtier list, I saw that he now had that trait.
Maybe he charged ahead into the routing mass, hoping to die in glory than wither away in advanced old age?

Found a ****ter of a bug that is gonna ruin this war for me.  :???:

Basically my enemy is in another war at the minute, having joined in the defence of a Holy War by Toulouse for Barcelona. Now, to defend this the defending allies in the war and all linking together in an 8k stack. Now, whenever that stack moves on a province that I am sieging I have to fight all 8k of them, rather than only the 700 soldiers that belong to the enemy I am fighting.  :???:

EDIT: My Emir just died due to intense love-making with my Primary Wife/Lover. There are worse ways to go, I guess.  :lol:

Well no. I got an event telling me about how I revived my love with my wife and how the sex was now awesome again. I had two options, one which had 10% chance of me dying due to the intensity of the love making. It had a few other positive things as well, so I chose it. I died.

Best King I ever had(stat wise) was dealt a worse fate. 112 Peasants vs 1,500 Soldiers, he gets clubbed over the head and becomes an imbecile a month into his reign. He lived a long healthy life as a vegetable.

Vieira said:
Well no. I got an event telling me about how I revived my love with my wife and how the sex was now awesome again. I had two options, one which had 10% chance of me dying due to the intensity of the love making. It had a few other positive things as well, so I chose it. I died.

No, no I know that event, I mean sometimes you can find characters who die natural deaths really young at 16 or 17.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Okay, so here's the story:

I declared war on the duchy of Munster to give the duchy to my spouse. It has two counties, with one of them the county capital being a city. Desmond also declares war in order to gain the county that is not a republic, and wins, leaving my spouse as a doge when I myself win. How can I ensure that he becomes a duke so that my heir can inherit both of our titles?
I thought of Münster rather than Munster and wondered why the Irish'd try to take over a German bishopric.

dustbiter said:
Vieira said:

No, no I know that event, I mean sometimes you can find characters who die natural deaths really young at 16 or 17.

Yeah, I have had younger ones that that too. I'm assuming it would just be from some random accident (rather than my sex accident, which was just dubbed a "death by accident") like falling out a tower or fell off a horse or whatever. Or maybe they just had terribly poor health all through their life and just died.  :lol:

My 2nd female Queen died a natural death at 41, luckily she had a son as a heir but on the downside he was cruel in behavior so the kingdom temporarily went to $hit as one of biggest dukes decided to rebel. A while after a conglomerate of smaller kingdoms decided to band together and declare a Sunni holy war against my mostly dominated Monophysite kingdom. The duke lost the war and I revoked his titles to split up the provinces. Currently I'll have to defend the north eastern provinces.

Anyone have any tips on defeating the Byzantines? I'm currently playing as the Shi'ite Emir of Sicily. I can raise around 8000 troops with mercenaries, and I'm allied with various Islamic states (including the Seljuks who can field somewhere between 15,000 - 16,000 troops). Unfortunately, the emperor quickly raises 14,000 - 15,000 troops and defeats me in Italy before the Seljuks can do any significant damage to his forces.

What should I do? I'm starting to think the wisest course of action is to surrender immediately and save my money so I can field more mercenaries in the future.

9E0884F64D3837E954D1C8100B3499BB29A7B95A

I'd start by not taking on one of the two most powerful factions in the game when I only have a grand total of 21 vassals.

Fight and claim the Zirids and Suleimids to strengthen your hold on the Kingdom of Sicily, as well as taking the Suleimid's African territories for tax and a few extra troops.

Moose! said:
Anyone have any tips on defeating the Byzantines? I'm currently playing as the Shi'ite Emir of Sicily. I can raise around 8000 troops with mercenaries, and I'm allied with various Islamic states (including the Seljuks who can field somewhere between 15,000 - 16,000 troops). Unfortunately, the emperor quickly raises 14,000 - 15,000 troops and defeats me in Italy before the Seljuks can do any significant damage to his forces.

What should I do? I'm starting to think the wisest course of action is to surrender immediately and save my money so I can field more mercenaries in the future.

9E0884F64D3837E954D1C8100B3499BB29A7B95A
The Byzantine Empire no longer exists in my current Welsh game, and it didn't even take all that long for them to get smashed...
CK2PoorByzantium.jpg

There was a successful jihad for Anatolia, along with what appeared to be a really major civil war - at one point most of the Byzantine territory (I think this was after Anatolia was lost) had broken up into various duchies that were fighting each other. Eventually, it did reform into the Byzantine Empire, and I figured they'd be mostly fine. Then, after ignoring them for a while, I scrolled the map over and that's what I saw - the Fatimids looking scary. And just in case someone didn't notice, my tooltip is at the top of the minimap, and it shows that Thrace is indeed a lone duchy (some other lands are also Byzantium-colored, but it's all independent).

That all happened without player intervention, too. I didn't have any dealings whatsoever with Byzantium, and my only actions at all in that area was a brief expedition to the Holy Lands during the first crusade (mostly for the Crusader trait - holding that region as Wales in the early'ish portion of the game is virtually impossible, not to mention the fact that the HRE got involved and quickly ate up the contribution score).

Your best bet is probably try and stay peaceful with them until a jihad is called. At that point, you could either join the jihad or declare your own war and try to snatch some land while their armies are fighting the other Muslims.

Thanks for the advice. After consolidating my power in Tunisia, I knew it was only a matter of time before I would come into conflict with the emperor. Fortunately, luck was on my side. Although the Byzantines were able to successfully defend against a Sunni Jihad into Armenia, a simultaneous invasion by the Fatimid Sultan gave me the perfect opportunity to stage an attack. With the help of some mercenaries and a large fleet, I was able to quickly strike into the Emperor's demesne. Clearly, his situation was desperate, and he quickly signed a peace treaty with the Sayyid dynasty.

1FD81937E78DBFBBE7DFCA2C230DEE50616D29DF

34D8A15694DEE15E564E7CFAFD8CED8338D4D12E

E2E725E855FF8F83E4F92934CC1FFD5C5896B173

B694D10D72FD3C52227B090D46326179907C9387

A1EE12EAB7E7981F1F13AAB447F3675AE2A9CE17

Great success!

Back
Top Bottom