Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhh. I made one of my vassals the Duke of Volhynia after taking it because he's a genius and things, and it turned into a Republic. Now he's got the 'wrong government type' tag. He was a mayor or whatever the Polish mayor title is in Prince and the Thane, I was unaware this was going to happen. Is there any way to return it to being a duchy or is that just the way it goes?

Dryvus said:
Uhh. I made one of my vassals the Duke of Volhynia after taking it because he's a genius and things, and it turned into a Republic. Now he's got the 'wrong government type' tag. He was a mayor or whatever the Polish mayor title is in Prince and the Thane, I was unaware this was going to happen. Is there any way to return it to being a duchy or is that just the way it goes?

You could always change the succession type in the save file

LittleJP said:
Kill the heir?

Baronies and the like have the terrible quality of generating random AI lords. Well, terrible in this instance.

Jec94227 said:
Incite a revolt and then strip them of their titles. Then leave them in your dungeon.

Could've done for all 10+ baronies but alas, starting a new game because 1.06 and CK2+

Lots of people saying Iberia goes mostly/fully Muslim in 1.06, and that seemed to pretty much be the case for me too. I eventually got a good chunk of the Kingdom of Andalusia after doing ~48% of the work during a > 12 year crusade, and am working on picking up a few other counties here and there, especially when I see some Islamic in-fighting or business with other wars (they keep trying to take some islands from Genoa).

Anyway, when I took over that chunk of Andalusia + the King title, the only Iberian-native Christian Kingdoms remaining were Castille and Aragon, each with a single county. Then, somehow (I didn't notice when/how it went down) this happened...
CastilleInFrance.jpg

Wheem said:
Lots of people saying Iberia goes mostly/fully Muslim in 1.06, and that seemed to pretty much be the case for me too. I eventually got a good chunk of the Kingdom of Andalusia after doing ~48% of the work during a > 12 year crusade, and am working on picking up a few other counties here and there, especially when I see some Islamic in-fighting or business with other wars (they keep trying to take some islands from Genoa).

Anyway, when I took over that chunk of Andalusia + the King title, the only Iberian-native Christian Kingdoms remaining were Castille and Aragon, each with a single county. Then, somehow (I didn't notice when/how it went down) this happened...
CastilleInFrance.jpg

The Muslims took over all of southern France in my game :smile:

Okay, so here's the story:

I declared war on the duchy of Munster to give the duchy to my spouse. It has two counties, with one of them the county capital being a city. Desmond also declares war in order to gain the county that is not a republic, and wins, leaving my spouse as a doge when I myself win. How can I ensure that he becomes a duke so that my heir can inherit both of our titles?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Okay, so here's the story:

I declared war on the duchy of Munster to give the duchy to my spouse. It has two counties, with one of them the county capital being a city. Desmond also declares war in order to gain the county that is not a republic, and wins, leaving my spouse as a doge when I myself win. How can I ensure that he becomes a duke so that my heir can inherit both of our titles?
The city is the only land that he owns within the county? If that's the case, the only way that I know of to "fix" the problem will cause a rather large tyranny penalty to your vassal relations:
1) Revoke your spouse's title to the city and county.
2) Revoke the title to the barony that exists within that county.
3) Give the title of said barony to your spouse.
4) Give the county title to your spouse.
That should change the barony to the county capital (since your spouse would already own it when given the county). Save before you do it, obviously, but I was able to change the county seat to the barony by taking the town for myself and then giving the county title to the local baron.

Played the expansion a good bit, some odd things I noticed:

Random battle death is back. A tiny force of less than a hundred clashed into my force of over 10000 and a character of mine died at the start. They were wiped out, but my losses was in the hundreds.

Noticed my heir would only have 1 child despite having his own court with titles. Maybe 2 once but no more than that despite having 4 wives over a long period of time.

Yeah, I don't think character death in battle is tied to whether or not you're winning. It's a bit bull**** when the only loss in a battle is the Emperor of Greece.

There's a bug that causes virtually all cavalry in a flank (or the center) to die instantly during the skirmish phase of a battle if their commander picks the shieldwall tactic. It's possible that there's something causing leader deaths to be more common as well, since I've seen some posts on the paradox forums about people losing leaders constantly during very minor battles. My own experiences on that front are fairly inconsistent thus far.

You guys are right about the random death chance. Near the end of a war my 10,000+ troops against the enemies broken 168 troops, My King was killed directly at the end of the war. Half-Luckily he had 4 possible hiers, unlucky they where 2 daughters from his late wife, and 2 twin daughters from his 2nd Wife.

The Kings lands had to be split amongst his daughters. Lucky the oldest daughter (Now Queen) had the enemy surrender the next few days and gained the land of Arabia. Tough though as the kingdom suddenly went from mostly male ruled to female dominated.

I got wounded fighting 17 men or so with an army of 1500+.

Maybe the explanation is that when you outnumber them enormously, your character and everyone else will charge recklessly? In a more balanced battle, characters would probably hang back from the fighting.

Think about Warband- when you're fighting two Swadian knights with your army of 80 horse archers or something, chances are you'll go ride ahead, with no formation, and charge, regardless of your health/fighting ability. You normally wouldn't do that in a battle with 25 knights, 40 crossbow men and 30 sergeants.

Back
Top Bottom