The Balion Guard Official Thread (Recruiting and Training!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Random Peasant

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Balion Guard - Official Thread

balionmercenariesreques.png
 ​

Throughout the history of the Balion Mercenaries, it has always been evident that one must rise through the ranks in skill in order for their name to be known,
for kings to kneel, and for their own leader to respect.
The glory that follows each of the best Balion names as they echo across the windy plains and over the frozen mountains
is the driving force for any person who lifts a blade in our honor.

Whilst Konrad's legacy still flows through the veins of our bond,
it could very well be the time to start your own.
The time to carve your name into the very ground you tread with us,
so that all who follow will know of it.

We are not for politics;
And we are not for land or power.

We are for Gold and Glory!​

Clan Information
We are the introductory branch of the Balion Mercenaries. Our purpose is to recruit, train, and test players whom, should they prove themselves adept, will eventually be promoted into the Mercenary ranks. We are not strictly competitive, but we will be taking part in clan matches.

Recruiting Information
We are a US-based clan, but we welcome members located anywhere in North America. If you do not live in the US, it is recommended that you do not join a US-based clan.

If you are seeking to join the Balion Guard (and therefore the Balion Mercenaries), simply find me (Random Peasant) or Mad Dawg in our Ventrilo server (info below) and make your interest in joining known to us. From there a brief interview will take place. You will have best luck finding one of us during the weekends.
'What if I don't have a mic?'
If you do not have a mic, make your interest in joining known by sending me a PM. The interview will still take place in our Ventrilo server, so continue to seek us out afterward.

There is a 1 week trial period before you are eligible for donning a Balion clan tag.

If you are an unpleasant individual, please do not bother.  If you feel you will not be active after joining, please save you and us the time. If you have ego issues and do not see the value of others because your view is blocked by your own pseudo-pro status, continue being "So-Pro" alone.

'What about inactivity?'
If you remain inactive either on the TW Forums or in Warband for 30 days, you will be "probational inactive".  If for 45 days you, are officially inactive. Inactive status may be reinstated if desired and approved.

Custom Clan Banner Info
Our in-game banner is a part of the North American Clan Banner Pack provided by Madoc.  It can be found at the previous link and is unzipped into the "Textures" folder under Mount and Blade: Warband.

Forum Signature
balionguardforumbanner.jpg

Code:
[IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6379/balionguardforumbanner.jpg[/IMG]

Ventrilo Information
Our Ventrilo server is open to potential new members, anyone looking for a good place to hangout, or to anyone looking to set up a match.
IP = ventrilo9.va.powervs.com
Port = 5043
Download Ventrilo

Clan Rank Descriptions
Balion Mercenary Captain - Mercenary Captain is the overall leader of all the Mercenary ranks. He looks to provide adequate training and opportunity for his men to prosper in both their purses and in their fighting skill. He directs the battles when the Mercenaries go to war and handles diplomacy during peacetimes. A Balion Mercenary Captain may always be looked upon to do what is best for his men in any given situation.

Balion Viceroy of the Guard - [Pending description...]

Balion Guard Stalwart - [Pending description...]

Balion Guard Officer - [Pending description...]

Balion Guard Sergeant - A Sergeant is capable of handling themselves in a fight, even when outnumbered. They have dedicated hours of practice to develop their skill to this point. They have also begun to expand to other areas of combat, becoming adept at not just the sword, but also the bow and javelin. Seasoned by many wins and losses, a Sergeant is not to be taken lightly.

Balion Guard Defender - A Defender has shown themselves to be welcome to instruction and training, as they aspire to one day climb up into the Mercenary ranks. While not yet having mastered any particular class in combat, they are continually advancing in skill as they better themselves with what they have learned from each battle they fight.

Balion Guard - A Guard is one who has come to seek training from the veterans of the Balion Mercenaries. Whether they have previously seen the hardships of war or come straight from the villages as freemen, they all press to become fearsome adversaries on the battlefields.

Clan Members and Ranks
Mercenary Captain
Random Peasant

Viceroy
Egor Romanov

Stalwart
Romans

Officer
Core
Max

Sergeants
Lokkith
Flaming Monkey
Septimus
Wolf

Defenders
Apache
Grimboslyce
Honey Badger
Sierra

Guards

Recorded Clan Match History
Overall Record: 8W - 1D - 3L
Balion: 10 vs KoA: 2 - 8-21-10 W
Balion: 16 vs UA: 0 - 9-5-10 W
Balion: 7 vs DoF: 9 - 9-12-10 L
Balion: 9 vs LV: 6 - 9-18-10 W
Balion: 10 vs LV: 2 - 11-6-10 W
Balion: 1 vs DoF: 1 (Maps) - 7-1-11 D
Balion: 14 vs PTK: 1 - 7-6-11 W
Balion: 9 vs DoF: 14 - 7-20-11 L
Balion: 10 vs KOTHL: 0 - 9-5-11 W
Balion: 12 vs Wappaw: 20 - 9-11-11 L
Balion: 14 vs KM: 9 - 10-7-11 W
Balion: 10 vs Rebels: 3 - 11-7-11 W

'Ello SIERRA please visit http://www.calradianrealms.com/warband.php?id=18

go to http://www.ventrilo.com/ and install this software. The information required to join our ventrilo server is at the calradianrealms link.

I anticipate our future fights together, welcome to the the Guard.

As has been stated it is not our members skill which makes us venerable; it's our ability to respect our command as well as the trust placed upon our given commands, so that we may all fight in union and competency, so that our blades and arrow-points strike precisely when and where they are needed.

Good day sir, I hope to find you on the field of battle.

is a separate clan for this really necessary? I mean isn't that what the recruit rank is for in the main clan?

findecanno said:
is a separate clan for this really necessary? I mean isn't that what the recruit rank is for in the main clan?
Question 1. Yes
Question 2. This is not just recruit rank.  This is a stepping stone into the ranks of the Mercenaries and therefore is focused on training.  Consider it a new WB player's clan.  More importantly, this provides new/small clans a good matchup without having to go against the full force of Balion. 
Question 3. Maybe
Question 3a. Yes I realize you didn't ask a question 3.  It is a pre-impetive rebuttle to any questions the answers to 1 and 2 raised in your mind.

Questions for you:   :grin:
1. What the heck is a "findecanno"?
2. Why has the cat in your avatar not passed out yet?  It has been drinking nonstop for over 10 months now.
3. What does "Zero Point Energy" mean to you and how can we better understand such concepts in laymens terms?

McBeverage said:
As you gentlemen well know, as long as I'm playing Warband I'll be available to aid you guys in clan matches, et cetera.
Aye...and we are greatful for that.  I'll put in a good word for maybe a "Honorable Mention" in the Guard's rankings.  :razz:

to Answer Mad Dawgs Questions:
1. A findecanno is an elvish archer from mercwood.
2. My cat has yet to pass out because Scott Ray squeezes the liquor out of it once every 3 days.
3. Zero points energy means you have no energy.

I hope this answered the questions to your satisfaction. I also will be available to merc for this clan as well.

Scott Ray said:
Can I join Balion Guard? I need some practice but I think I could be good.
Don't deceive yourself, you will never be good at Warband. Go join a noob clan like PRT :smile:

Back
Top Bottom