Retrieving Information from Servers (67)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Deca Warband

Recruit
Trying to play multiplayer
Currently on v1.127 that I had patched from v1.113

I've played and can still play multiplayer games; however, it seems that the servers/games that I can see are not all that are there. For instance, my brother can click refresh and the list of servers polled decreases from 172 to 3, but mine typically gets stuck at 67......  and simply stays like that.

More importantly, he can see numerous other servers that I am clearly not finishing polling.

I've let it set for long periods of time, but to no avail.

I can reselect the Source to be Internet as well as click refresh multiple times and sometimes I will eventually get lucky and "see" the server that he is already in and playing on.

Is this a known issue, and if so, how do I work around the fact that I am having issues poling/seeing all the servers correctly?

NOTE: This is regardless of filter options (ie I've cleared all filters).

Edit:
======

reloading the game, rebooting pc, adding the program to windows firewall exceptions, etc... does not help either.

I can create a game, and my brother cannot see my game either.

Is there something we are doing wrong that is like a "regional search" setting that limits what we see?

Would this have anything to do with Steam?

He states when he loads the game, steam does too. Steam does not load for me when I start the game.

UPDATED RESOLUTION:

As specified in this thread, setting the use_secure_connection to 0 and lowering the max_number_of_connections to a low number did indeed resolve my issue.

With the below settings, I now get all servers, or down to about 2-6, which is great considering I was getting stuck at about 67 previously.

use_secure_connection = 0
max_number_of_connections = 10

Moreover, as another user mentioned, there might be two sets of the "rgl_config.txt" file. Hence, do a search on your PC before altering the file to insure you have the correct one. In my case, I did have both files.

Example of where the old rgl_config.txt might be found:
C:\Documents and Settings\ComputerName\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband

Example of where the new rgl_config.txt file might be found:
C:\Documents and Settings\ComputerName\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

im getting this same problem usealy i get stuck at 77 or 63 i have tried many diffrent things and still nothing fixed it

I get this also, if there is a server that I am looking for that I know should be up, I just keep hitting refresh over and over until I see it. I guess the move is to add it to your server favorites to avoid this problem when you do find the servers you like.

In your rgl_config.txt, change use_secure_connection to 0 and lower max_number_of_connections by half or more and see if that works.

HJKL said:
In your rgl_config.txt, change use_secure_connection to 0 and lower max_number_of_connections by half or more and see if that works.

This is what I had (note: use_secure_connection was already at 0)

max_number_of_connections = 64

This is what I've set it to:
max_number_of_connections = 32

It seems to be better, and I get down to 14 now. I'll need to see if it continues to do well, tonight.
What are those two settings actually doing?

Set max_number_of_connections to 20 not 32 or more, and you will get them all.

captain lust said:
Changing my rgl_config file seems to have no effect on anything. It's the one in AppData right?

When I change the file, it doesn't even have any effect on the resolution or settings. Is there something I'm missing?
The application data rgl_config.txt is an old one. Prior to a post-release patch the settings were stored in appdata (where they should be). That patch moved them to My Documents/Mount&Blade Warband but didn't remove the old one app data files. It might be somewhere different if it's the steam version or on vista/windows7 so try a search for it.

EDIT: just a quick note on what I said here, the *.dat files in the appdata/M&B WB folder are still used, so don't delete all that stuff. It was just the rgl_config that had its location changed

JaimeLannister said:
The_Freeman said:
Set max_number_of_connections to 20 not 32 or more, and you will get them all.

this actually worked, slightly. still can't find any of the cRPG servers.
Try lowering it again, it doesn't have any other impact on the game. I think I settled on 16 in the end to get all servers when I was having this problem a while back.

UPDATED RESOLUTION:

As specified in this thread, setting the use_secure_connection to 0 and lowering the max_number_of_connections to a low number did indeed resolve my issue.

With the below settings, I now get all servers, or down to about 2-6, which is great considering I was getting stuck at about 67 previously.

max_number_of_connections = 10

Moreover, as another user mentioned, there might be two sets of the "rgl_config.txt" file. Hence, do a search on your PC before altering the file to insure you have the correct one. In my case, I did have both files.

Example of where the old rgl_config.txt might be found:
C:\Documents and Settings\ComputerName\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband

Example of where the new rgl_config.txt file might be found:
C:\Documents and Settings\ComputerName\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

Back
Top Bottom