OSP Medieval 3D Art Byzantine Kataphract Helm OSP

Users who are viewing this thread

Made a Kataphract Byzantine helm with a mail hood.
mb1s.jpg

mb2k.jpg

mb3z.jpg

Was planning to make lamaller+Paramerion but I'am taking a break from modelling/texturing.

Updated with LoDs. Download link-
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2190

Looks kinda tiny. Must be real snug. :razz: Looks nice, though.

I do wonder what kind of mail texture you are using, though, it's certainly not a native one. :razz:

Well, it is a modified chain texture Fedeita sent me. I made the chains smaller and tiled and voila.
Honestly, it does look a little weird on the helm but it looks good.
I made it originally for body armors.
58363109.jpg

Gothic Knight said:
Enjoy then. Perhaps I'll try making some brimmed helms and that lamaller armor whenever I want to start making models again.

I hope you will decide to start making models again soon. Great stuff.

No problem with chain texture if you ask me, but my head is out- nose and chin. Maybe I will scale it in wings, that is allowed?

Gothic Knight said:
Try it :grin:. TBH, helm scaling is messed up sometimes in M&B.
Yeah, I noticed that. And that great helmet-faceplate thing used by Rhodoks has the eye slit a bit beneath the eyes. :razz:

Eh. You can download meshlab- it is free, or maybe you dont have to, I already have lod1 (for 1.011) which has 324 faces and later I will create lod2 with 10 and less faces, maybe 8.
EDIT: Yeah, 8 faces for lod2.

It is for 1.011, I maybe create one with more faces for lod1 and rename existing lod1 to lod2 and so on. But before I do anything I will wait to see your lods. If you want I can upload my lods somewhere and send you pm with link, so you can see them.

Back
Top Bottom