SP Tutorial Module System Make your own Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for all your help OP

EDIT2: Damn, now I feel stupid. The game CTD'd because I didn't put any text in one of the conversation lines which I planned to fill later, so it just read ""

Oh well. The more you know.

EDIT3: Well, after 12 hours of work I managed to create 3 fully fleshed out companions with their own original back stories, likes, and dislikes, about the same length as the original companions. Go me.

EDIT4: Alright, after getting everything up and running I am receiving a problem. Even though I am not getting any errors, whenever say, NPC17 needs to recap his history, he uses NPC16's history recap.

Aslo, for the Home_description_2 they always use the previous npc's line. So Marnid will say Vorcha's Line, and Vorcha will use the line above his line - npc19

I am really at a loss here. Since I am not getting any errors I don't know what line is broken, and I don't know what could be causing it. Am I missing a space somewhere? a comma maybe? I can't find any missing comma's and i've been over it quite a few times now.

EDIT5: NEVERMIND AGAIN. I SPENT LIKE 3-5 HOURS LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE THINGS [

ALL OF MY RAGE  :evil:

And the problem still persists... Ugh...!

EDIT6: OH GOD ALL OF MY MAD. THERE WAS A DUPLICATE LINE IN THE SOURCE FILE SOMEHOW MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Okay well... I am kind of exaggerating how mad I am here. Sure, it took me 8 hours to fine a duplicate line and a barrack, but I bet you I wont make the same mistake again.

3 Questions:

1) Is there a way to set the location of where the companions start at? Say I wanted to make the 8 companions I am working on all start in the same location, like they are part of a group, is that possible?

2) Is there a way to make it so that when they are lords, they will hire the same troops you choose your kingdoms faction to be? For example I will be adding companions to the Custom Commander mod, and I think you can customize your factions army to your liking, I would like my created companions to recruit those units as well.

3) this might be the most important one, at least for what I trying to do. Anyways, to the point, is there a way to choose which banner my companions will have when they become lords? I would really like to figure this out if someone could help (I plan on adding new banners for this purpose.)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: actually make that 4 questions.

(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic), #Lans
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_value, 0),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_2ary_morality_type, -1),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_2ary_morality_value, 0),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalityclash_object, "trp_dranton"), #Dranton
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object, "trp_dranton"), #Dranton
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object, "trp_npc19"), #Lans -
        #(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_home, "p_castle_15"), #Ergellon Castle
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_payment_request, 0),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_kingsupport_argument, argument_claim),
        #(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_kingsupport_opponent, "trp_npc10"), #nizar
        #(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_town_with_contacts, "p_town_4"), #suno

(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_original_faction, 0), #   
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_pitiless), #Noble

Notice i have a few #'s to comment out certain sections. Would this work? I want to leave them out if possible, I don't the time to do back story on certain locations, and if I want to send someone on a right to rule mission I can use the native NPCs :roll:.

EDIT2: I am getting an error saying 'lrep_pitiless' is not defined. what is the correct variable to place here? Strangely I can use martial or probably the other ones that native companions use, but cant use others like sadistic, or pitiless. Is there a way around this?

Anyone got any idea as to why my new companion isn't showing up? I've followed the tutorial twice now, and I can never find them. Looked in all taverns, checked all rooms. Nothing. Did see all of the normal companions, though.

I'm not getting any errors when I do the build, and everything looks like it is getting updated properly. Correct timestamps on the txt files and everything.

So...any clues? At first I thought it was because I messed around with a few of the tags, but I tried a complete re-do with a pure Klethi clone (just the name and number updated), and still no luck.

Obviously this works fine for a lot of people, and it doesn't seem to be a difficult process. I just can't figure out where this is going wrong.

Does anybody know if your companions can recruit your own custom troops when you make them lords instead of the standard troops? I tried making a new kingdom with its troops but because they neither had towns, castles, villages nor a king or lords, I got a message that said that the kingdom was no more.

I'd really like it, if it was possible.

P.S. I know Topper's way(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=111689.0). But I think it doesn't work with 1.143 because I got errors when I tried to do that. For the extra information, I did the Module System-way.

when i try to run build_module.bat all i get is...
'python' is not recognised as an internal or external command. operable program or batch file.
could not find C:\program files <x86>\steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\modules\my mod\module_system 1.143\*.pyc

would anyone be so kind as to help please? i just spent 3 hours adding 18 new companions and cant get the damn batch file to work. i am disappoint

Hi thanks for the detailed instructions for installing python an making companions..
I really need your help here... i have installed python 2.6 and as the next step im unable to modify the environment variable under path i m using win7 sp1 and when i go to build module in the the module system it keeps giving me errors. the current patch in the variable is this:

Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Python26

pls do tell me what im doing wrong

Can somebody, anybody help me with this lousy error thing:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\games\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\WFaS Module_system 1.14
3 - Copy\process_operations.py", line 8, in <module>
    from module_strings import *
3 - Copy\module_strings.py", line 1
SyntaxError: encoding problem: utf-8
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "process_strings.py", line 4, in <module>
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
  File "process_troops.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_troops import *
3 - Copy\module_troops.py", line 1403, in <module>
    ["kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin","list heroes, including the player"
,"list heroes, including players",  tf_hero, 0,reserved,  fac_kingdom_1,[],
    lord_attrib,wp(220),knows_lord_1, 0x000000000010918a01f248377289467d],
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not tuple
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
As a matter of fact does anyone know what that error means and where it is?
(This is for WFaS, and I did what the tutorial saids btw.)
Thanks

Syntax errors usually mean you didn't create your line of code properly, the error is pointing to your module_strings_py.  Recheck your lines that you added and make sure they all are properly formed with commas and brackets and what not.

Vades said:
Syntax errors usually mean you didn't create your line of code properly, the error is pointing to your module_strings_py.  Recheck your lines that you added and make sure they all are properly formed with commas and brackets and what not.
That's somewhat funny since all I did was just copy fatima's lines and pasted then just to see if I successfully been able to make a custom npc creates so I could do the same thing I did with the clone but change it completely. But as it doesn't worked as planned I guess something went wrong somewhere in the other files as well as the strings file(please tell me where are the mistakes are in these somewhat long spoilers in their order).

1. Here is my "clone" entry for module_troops:
  ["npc17", "Fat","Fat",tf_female|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved,  fac_commoners,
  [itm_pure_baba_ttr_1, itm_throwing_daggers, itm_shield, itm_yatagan_a, itm_janissary_tapki],
  str_8|agi_11|int_9|cha_9|level(:cool:,wp(90),
  knows_power_throw_4|knows_athletics_4|knows_power_strike_1|knows_riding_3|knows_shield_3,
  0x000000003f0c00014752b0c4438a54a300000000001eba220000000000000000]
2. Here is my "clone" entry for module_scripts:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic), #fat
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_value, 4),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_2ary_morality_type, -1),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_2ary_morality_value, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalityclash_object, "trp_npc13"), #fat-oxana
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object, "trp_npc11"), #fat - nogay
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object, "trp_npc5"), #fat + karlsson
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_home, "p_castle_22"), #kafa
(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_payment_request, 100),

(store_sub, "$number_of_npc_slots", slot_troop_strings_end, slot_troop_intro),

(try_for_range, ":npc", companions_begin, companions_end),

(try_for_range, ":slot_addition", 0, "$number_of_npc_slots"),
                (store_add, ":slot", ":slot_addition", slot_troop_intro),

(store_mul, ":string_addition", ":slot_addition", 17),
                (store_add, ":string", "str_npc1_intro", ":string_addition"),
                (val_add, ":string", ":npc"),
                (val_sub, ":string", companions_begin),

(troop_set_slot, ":npc", ":slot", ":string"),
            (try_end),
        (try_end),
3. Here is my last "clone" entry for the module_strings file(I'll try to make this spoiler short as best as I can):
("npc17_intro", "You going to offer me ten thaler to enter your room? Be aware that I have a very sharp dagger in my hand."),
("npc17_intro_response_1", "Oh, no... Quite the contrary, I just wanted to ask if there was anything I could do for you..."),
("npc17_intro_response_2", "Why assume something bad right away? Never mind, I am leaving."),
("npc17_backstory_a", "Offended? Me? Believe me, those who offend me no longer walk this earth."),
("npc17_backstory_b", "I was born in Kafa. When I reached the age of fourteen, I was taken from my parents, brought to Istanbul and trained as a guard. At eighteen, I became the bodyguard of the Sultan's beloved wife. Yet soon my charge must have somehow offended the master. The eunuchs strangled her. After that, I was returned to Kafa. Not to my home, though -- to the slave market, where I was sold."),
("npc17_backstory_c", "But they forgot who they were dealing with. On the second night I slaughtered all the guards and vanished into the night."),
("npc17_backstory_later", "Now I'm looking for a good {man/lady} who is in need of a trusted guard."),
("npc17_backstory_response_1", "You could be very useful in my party."),
("npc17_backstory_response_2", "It sounds like you might be more trouble than you're worth."),
("npc17_signup", "I am ready to follow you even into Shaitan's jaws. I am adept at using the knife -- and an excellent marksman."),
("npc17_signup_2", "One thing I can't stand is cowardice and dishonor."),
("npc17_signup_response_1", "Well, gather yourself. We set out soon."),
("npc17_signup_response_2", "A bodyguard with a strong sense of decency? Sounds a bit silly, don't you think?"),
("npc17_payment", "Thank you! But first, please give me {reg3} thaler. I have found an excellent undercloth chain armor. Without proper armor, what sort of a bodyguard would I be?"),
("npc17_payment_response", "If you need it, then you need it. Here, {reg3} thaler."),
("npc17_morality_speech", "Master, I warned you nothing offends me more than {s21}. I hope it never happens again."),
("npc17_2ary_morality_speech", "[No secondary moral code]"),
("npc17_personalityclash_speech", "Oh, master! I can bear much, but not a witch in the party. The shaman tricks of that {s11} are not to my liking -- not at all."),
("npc17_personalityclash_speech_b", "The other day she came and offered me a luck charm. To me -- a Muslim! When the Allah damns the infidels to death.."),
("npc17_personalityclash2_speech", "{s11} is a parvenu with crazy ideas of an independent Nogai Khanate. Believe me, he will only bring trouble down on our heads."),
("npc17_personalityclash2_speech_b", "Turn your head, and I shall send his spirit to the Grey Steppe to meet his ancestors. My patience is at end."), #klethi - borcha
("npc17_personalitymatch_speech", "{s11} -- now he's a true warrior. His jokes may be crude and his habits plain, but he can fight like no other!"),
("npc17_personalitymatch_speech_b", "You should praise him highly, master, and reward him well for his deeds. That man never fails!"),
("npc17_retirement_speech", "Forgive me, but I can no longer faithfully protect you. Your companions and your deeds are unacceptable for me. So long. -- Perhaps we shall meet again."),
("npc17_rehire_speech", "Since we parted, you have changed quite a bit. I hope not for the worse, but we shall see. You are taking me back, right?"),
("npc17_home_intro", "There, I can hear the roar of the surf. We shall soon see my town of Kafa."),
("npc17_home_description", "My home city is a great trade center. Our goods are very special. Slaves require fine treatment and provisions, for their price is determined by how well they look."),
("npc17_home_description_2", "Someday I shall return and open my own business. Slave trade is quite profitable, you know..."),
("npc17_home_recap", "I was born in the ancient town of Kafa."),
("npc17_honorific", "master"), #fat
I still have a few question though
4. what is encoding problem: utf-8 and what is it basically about?
5. Is there a way to fix it?
6. In the module_script file, should I copy and paste one of these lines as a way to fix the error or just don't?
(else_try),
(eq, ":troop_no", "trp_npc16"),
(call_script, "script_cf_get_random_active_faction_except_player_faction_and_faction", "fac_kingdom_3"),
(assign, ":fac_no", reg0),
(call_script, "script_cf_select_random_town_with_faction", ":fac_no"),
(assign, ":town_no", reg0),
(try_begin),
(lt, ":town_no", 0),
(assign, ":town_no", "p_town_15"),
(try_end),
7. Last question, are there any files that I should also change?, if so please list all the files that I have to change and where I need to make change at.

Thank you

I'm a novice just like you. If you want to find out what the error is when you compile your module look at the error and then check the modules corresponding headers file.

This tutorial is very cut and dry: copy, paste, edit.  I would start over, remove anything regarding your new companion and recompile.  You shouldn't have any errors.  Then go through the steps 1 by 1  and then recompile.  Hopefully it works out.

You could also DL the OSP he provides, it has instructions and is in a separate file so it won't just integrate his things into your game. After you DL it, pick the Comps you want and put the info in the corresponding module files.  Keep in mind that you can change everything about them.

@Vades
Ok I did what you said about redoing it and checked my errors but I that lousy utf-8 error keeps on popping out and I also did what you said about downloading his companion OSP while making a comparison with my module files and his module files, I still think I have to do more editing on different files but meh I'll have to see if anyone with WFaS companion adding experienced skills can tell me on how they did it.

But thanks for the info you replied to me.

Help i keep getting the syntax error or watever it is called. I dont know what i did wrong here.
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\kohelo\Desktop\Module_system 1.153\process_operations.py", line
14, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\kohelo\Desktop\Module_system 1.153\module_troops.py", line 897
    knows_merchant_npc,knows_riding_10|knows_trade_10|knows_inventory_management
_10
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 12, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_troops.py", line 4, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_scripts import *
  File "C:\Users\kohelo\Desktop\Module_system 1.153\module_scripts.py", line 336
97, in <module>
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc19", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_sadistic), #
NameError: name 'lrep_sadistic' is not defined
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
14, in <module>
_10
                    ^
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

What is knows_merchant_npc?  Syntax errors are caused when your line of code is improperly written, such as missing commas, (),[],

The error begins at line 897 in module troops. Make sure the line is properly written, syntax errors are easy to locate and fix. If you still have problems with this copy your line and past it in the Q/A thread.

it says knows_mechant_npc in the beginning of the forum, when he list the skills also at the top of python unless you know of a way to get the same skill pleaqse help me

First off, rep_sadistic, this line does not exist in module_constants (line 33697 module_scripts)

Second    knows_merchant_npc,knows_riding_10|knows_trade_10|knows_inventory_management
_10
should look like this (line 897 module_troops)
  knows_merchant_npc|knows_riding_10|knows_trade_10|knows_inventory_management
_10, 0x0000000083040001583b6db8dec5925b00000000001d80980000000000000000],##face code can be any valid face, you can generate them in edit mode at the charcter face menu

if you have further troubles copy and past the incorrect line of code so I can see what you did wrong

use notepad++ to find the right lines

Back
Top Bottom