Achievements - [Beware Potential Spoliers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Mur

Sergeant at Arms
I've been playing about 100 days now, and only have 1 achievement to show for it.

The one I have is this one
'Competent Aide - Complete 30 quests'

And it looks kinda pathetic on the achievements page on its own

I have completed 63 quests, have had 56 Victories, am a Vassal of the D'Shar and have 470 renown

How many achievements are there / how do you get them?

I have them for killing folks (in one battle), victories, renown, building improvements, and defeating some of the special stuffs.  Completing quests is new to me.  Exact amounts - more fun to find out yourself, my opinion.

Edit: Added a little...

Thanks, I'm going to go kill some more people

Copperwire said:
Exact amounts - more fun to find out yourself, my opinion.

Yeah that is certainly true. i was mainly looking for how many there are to get... I want a complete page  :razz:

Lord Mur said:
I've been playing about 100 days now, and only have 1 achievement to show for it.

The one I have is this one
'Competent Aide - Complete 30 quests'

And it looks kinda pathetic on the achievements page on its own

I have completed 63 quests, have had 56 Victories, am a Vassal of the D'Shar and have 470 renown

How many achievements are there / how do you get them?

You will get a '+1 tactics' one for 250 victories (personally witnessed), and as I've heard, a vaseline-something for getting caught prisoner 10 times.

Are the achievements repeatable? This is what I would like to know. For example, if you get an achievement when you've completed 10 things, will you get a second achievement of the same kind for another 10 things?

Below is the list of achievements taken from the text files.

*Spoiler ahead*

There seems to be 20 positive (useful) achievements in total, plus a few negative ones not included here.

1. Kill 50+ enemies in one battle +20 Renown
2. Kill or wound 5000 enemies +1 Trainer
3. Kill or wound 10000 enemies +2 Trainer
4. Won 250 battles +1 Tactics
5. Won 500 battles +2 Tactics
6. Defeat 7 invading armies +1 Intelligence
7. Defeat 15 invading armies +2 Intelligence
8. Defeat a Mystmountain army +1 Agility
9. Defeat a Snake Cult army +1 Ironflesh
10. Defeat a Jatu army +1 Riding
11. Defeat a Heretic army +1 Strength
12. Won 25 tournaments +100 Renown
13. Won 50 tournaments +1 Weapon Master
14. Gain 5000 renown +1 Charisma
15. Gain 7500 renown +2 Charisma
16. Gain 500 honor +1 Charisma
17. Become a rogue king +1 Leadership
18. Persuade 30 lords to join you +1 Persuasion
19. Complete 30 improvements +1 Engineering
20. Complete 30 quests +20 Renown

I've decided to win the game while still being a vassal and see if there's an achievement for that. 'Useful Tool' or some such. The achievements really do add something, a sense of accomplishment. It can be incredibly irritating to sacrifice the bulk of your forces that you spent a lot of time training to try and bring down some invading army only to fail to catch the leader (get a qualis gem) and then, literally less than 5 minutes later, see the message that says some other similar army just showed up....

But then you get some image of yourself looking all badass and getting some bonus attribute. It's a nice consolation.

Its important to keep in mind the skill modifiers do not stack, so if you have 2 leadership when you get rogue king, it will give you three, and you would then have to increase your charisma by 6 to reach leadership 4.  Sorta makes me want to hold off on some of the achievements until the optimal time since there are a limited number of points to spend before the point of diminishing returns kicks in.  Not that plus 1 leadership is a game breaker or anything, just thought I would point it out.

I've got a FUUUU effect when i've reached 27 int, got 9 tactics, read tactics book to 10 tactics total.... then 4 days later "you won 250 battles, +1 tactics granted LOL"  :twisted: :lol:

Dammit, and another tactics point is wasted in future (500 battles).  :cry:

Maybe there is a way to code this achievent stuff to give you 1 free skill point in case you already posess 10 points in said skill?

@ partyalias - just use import and export character to "respec" your character.
@ Ichon - go to camp menu and retire from adventuring, it will give you victories + lots of other cool stats, and don't worry, you don't have to actually retire, you can go straight back to playing

Well, I did not get another +1 strength reward for defeating the second Heretic Army. Achievements are obviously not repeatable.

@Lord Kinlar:

And?

What did you expect? The second one successfully climbing a mountain isn´t getting anything. The winner takes it all.

@Ichon:
Camp Menue, Retire screen.

@partyalias:
Well? It´s an achievement. A big suprise cake! If you don´t rely on it the one point won´t matter much. And if you´re seriously planning your character build on full exploit expert level - just consider it for your next game. Me usually ends at leadership 6 so maxing it out has never been a concern before (but I usually never max out any skill at all).

Yeah, it seems like i'll benefit from full knowledge in my next game :smile: Its just that i've allways done it the most munchy style...

Back
Top Bottom