Is anyone making a Warband map editor?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they meant a campaign map editor, rather than a scene editor. As far as I know, there isn't an ingame campaign map editor.

I think I read a way to use the old one with Warband. I've no idea where I saw it though. I'll try to dig it up

Edit: Found it. If you put the Warband map.txt into MB1.003 you can edit it and then put it back into Warband

AHHH!! I've finally found out how to use the map editor on Warband :shock:

Ok il go through step by step:

1. Download the Original M&B From there website (Free) http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx - Click on 'Mount and Blade' Under other games then click Downloads at the side, and so on...

2. Install the Original M&B files to a folder on the desktop e.g 'M&B ORIG FILES'

3. Go into your Warband Folder and select your module (Mount and Blade Warband/Module/Native*or what every module you use*)

4. Copy the three files 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' into a folder on the desktop called 'Warband Map Backups' This is in case you mess up

5. Go into your Original M&B Folder/Modules/Native*dont worry if its not the module you use* and delete 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties', but dont worry you wont be needing them... And copy the 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' from your 'Warband Map Backups' *NOTE* COPY DO NOT DRAG!* there instead...

6. Last but not least, Download the Thorgrim's Map Editor 0.9.0 - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=90 - Install To a Folder on desktop, run mapeditor.exe, and edit away *NOTE* It may look like the original map but trust me if you done it right it isn't*

And once your done editing, drag those 'map' 'map_icons' and 'parties' into the warband module folder - Mount and Blade/Modules/Native
and over right everything! (remember you kept backups)

Have fun  :grin: (Also if the mapediter.exe sais something like Unable to find it or something like that, just go into 'editorData' then open up 'Setting' and where it sais:

#  Mount & Blade path
# use "." if running the editor from the root M&B directory
# use "auto" to auto detect M&B path
# or type in the full path: eg "C:/games/Mount&Blade"
# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator
mbPath=auto <----- MAKE SURE THIS IS ON AUTO

Please tell me your feedback... thanks  :grin:

Can't get the map editor to work.  Keep saying can't find M&B directory.  Even though I've loaded it right into the directory.

Back
Top Bottom