First, can I just let you all, the title of 'Japanese Division' is because of the division between the the Samurai, Ninja and The empire. This thread will be updated on a regular basis with edits and new posts showing screenshots. Personally I don't believe in the possibility in a mods success until I see proof that it's in the pipeline and that it's not simply a spur of energy that a modder have which is soon lost, so I will provide screenshots ASAP.
This mod will be based upon Japanese fighting factions including the samurai, Ninjas and the Japanese Empire. Each faction will have there own unique abilities and skills which will make each faction very different while maintaining a game balance. Below are the factions with a basic overview. One of my main goals in this project will be to have some intense, fast paced close quarters combat. Please understand that this post does not portray exactly what will be in the mod, alot more will come, this is simply outlining the basic mod foundation. I would also like you to understand this is not going to be 100% historically correct.Samurai:
The samurai were one of the most sophisticated fighting forces back in the medieval times, with armour and samurai swords capable of cutting through a person like butter.
- Armoured with Head, torso, leg and hand armour
- Naturally skilled with two handed weapons and polearms
- Horseback ability
- Use of bows, also on horsebackNinjas:
Fast and agile elite warriors which have free running abilities. They are assassins who are skilled at killing targets in stealth.
- Sacrifice the weight of armour for agility and speed, making them fast, in effect making them harder to hit in ranged combat
- Skilled with one handed weapons, such as katanas
- Skilled with throwing weapons such as throwing stars and daggers
- Free running capabilities meaning they can sustain health from jumping down from tall ledges and they can jump higherImperial Empire:
Modernised Japanese fighting force serving the emperor, using muskets like all other main countries during this peroid in the 18th century.
- Consistant uniform which has no armour capabilities making them fairly fast while vunerable
- Armed with a musket which will have good range and accuracy while having a poor reloading speed making every shot count.
- As a melee weapon, they will have short katanas to maintain there honour for the emperor.
- More to comeNew Modes:VIP:
Picture this, a samurai town, and assassins want to kill the lead samurai within the samurai town. The samurais cannot leave this town while the ninjas can enter the town via access across the building roofs etc. This will be made for intense close quarters combat and a struggle for the samurai to keep there master samurai alive while the ninjas try to assassinate him.Events:
A large number of events will take place with the mod on a regular basis, allowing a large number of event accepted players to take part. Hopefully such events will allow a very large number of players to participate, making it more epic on a larger scale. An example event would be that the Empire has dispatched a troop division to destroy the samurai settlement, to destroy the threat. Samurai have realised whats happening, and so they have gathered an army to intercept the empires troop division before they reach the samurai settlement. The event then would consist of either side having a commander, organising there armies putting them in formations etc and then fighting on a custom made map to suit the event. Then, if the empire wins, another event will be organised for the attack of the samurai settlement due to the empires victory in the battle.External Requirements:
Texture Artist - A texture artist will be required at some stage to make samurai armour varients so it does not look repetative from the current one texture on the armour.
Maps - I can make map however a variety of maps would be useful and I cannot make a lot at once. However mapping ideas would need to be discussed.SCREENSHOTS:
The spoiler below contains very early mod teaser screenshots. Please understand that this is at a very early stage in the mods development, and what you see may be altered in later versions. Also, understand that a lot
more content is still to be added, such as armor, and weaponary and another faction etc.
Also, while showing these screenshots, i'd like to give credit for people's work seen inside the screenshots.22nd_Teutonic_Archer
- Polished Landscapes Walzou
- Samurai Weapons & Armor PackCheckmaty
- More Metal SoundsRR_Raptor65
- Flintlock Musket