Continue battle after player KO

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this feature in my Diplomacy module? It is THE most frustrating thing in the game. Just now, after 20 minutes of fighting in a huge siege, we finally got past the ladder and we were in a favorable position to fight. 10 seconds later I catch a crossbow bolt in the eye, and my men are all like "CAPTAIN DOWN, EVERYONE GET THE **** OUT OF THE CASTLE!!!"  :sad:

Captain_Octavius said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to get this feature in my Diplomacy module? It is THE most frustrating thing in the game. Just now, after 20 minutes of fighting in a huge siege, we finally got past the ladder and we were in a favorable position to fight. 10 seconds later I catch a crossbow bolt in the eye, and my men are all like "CAPTAIN DOWN, EVERYONE GET THE **** OUT OF THE CASTLE!!!"  :sad:

This probably is what you are looking for

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126993.0.html

UPDATE: Found a serious bug, for those who installed it yesterday, please do so again!

I spent almost the entire night creating a TXT tweak to implement Battle Continuation on any module, here is the thread!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=129051.msg3109713#msg3109713

I also uploaded a Diplomacy 2.7.1 text file with this feature implemented, feel free to use it! You can download it in the thread above.

You're the only human they've ever known in their pathetic little expendable electronic lives. The sight of your liveless body just lying there on the floor unconscious makes them simply too depressed to fight.

Croesus said:
You're the only human they've ever known in their pathetic little expendable electronic lives. The sight of your liveless body just lying there on the floor unconscious makes them simply too depressed to fight.

Lol, well not anymore, I created that tweak and now they keep fighting. I can even still order them around from Hell somehow.

Waihti said:
planned for 2.8

That's great to hear!

To all who have downloaded the Diplomacy premade TXT, I made a mistake when uploading that TXT file, and it probably causes a (harmless) error message at the end of some fights. The right TXT file has now been uploaded, so you can redownload it and any issues you might have should be solved.

Captain_Octavius said:
[...] I can even still order them around from Hell somehow.
:evil: Highly unfair !

Remember 1.123 TaleWorlds change-log :
Code:
-AI that is following their leader as a tactic now switches to charge when the leader dies.
So player's troop should too ! Please disable order interface while in this situation.

Croesus said:

Sig'ed

Aeon said:
So player's troop should too ! Please disable order interface while in this situation.

They don't for the player, they just stand next to your body. I didn't write the mod, I just created the TXT tweak instructions, so I can't change it even if I wanted to.

I think it's fine like this, because some troops will still be on Hold for example, which could cause the battle to "freeze", especially in sieges.

Should automatically order all unit to charge (code or script) and disable player command.
Please give that feedback to his author
  -- Edited : done !

Actually, we must consider this feature as bugged. Since it reduce tactic/immersivness  :mad:
While I was used to stay protected behind my troops, yelling out orders, just like any high rank officer.
Now I just rush into to enemy, kill as much as possible, of course knocked-out after a while. But without incidence since my ghost will keep to whisper my strategy to my troops...

Aeon said:
Actually, we must consider this feature as bugged. Since it reduce tactic/immersivness  :mad:
While I was used to stay protected behind my troops, yelling out orders, just like any high rank officer.
Now I just rush into to enemy, kill as much as possible, of course knocked-out after a while. But without incidence since my ghost will keep to whisper my strategy to my troops...

Well that's your choice isn't it? I like it like this and don't want it any other way. It's not bugged, it's working as intended, you just don't like the way it works.

If you want it different, go PM the author for the python file and change it, or ask him to.

...I take it that battle continuation and death cam only work on NEW games made with Diplo 2.8?

The save I'm playing was started with 2.4.4, upgraded to 2.7.1, and now to 2.8. When I get KO'd on the battle field, I get about 1-2 seconds of death cam and then the "Retreat!" screen auto-calc business comes up. Is this as intended or am I missing something?

Caba`drin said:
...I take it that battle continuation and death cam only work on NEW games made with Diplo 2.8?

The save I'm playing was started with 2.4.4, upgraded to 2.7.1, and now to 2.8. When I get KO'd on the battle field, I get about 1-2 seconds of death cam and then the "Retreat!" screen auto-calc business comes up. Is this as intended or am I missing something?

That happens when you have the death cam deactivated in the camp options. The fact is that the new cam isn't deactivated, it still pans around for a couple seconds if you press the direction buttons, but the retreat battle panel appears later as in native.

As you don't mention that you deactivated it yourself my guess is that the feature is there but deactivated by default due to your old savegame.

Back
Top Bottom