MP Native Heroes and Warriors, New Multiplayer Game Concept. Testers needed!

Money, Charecter or Acount side?

• Charecter side, so when you earn money with the charecter of the first slot you cant spend it with a

Votes: 69 50.7%
  • Acount side, this will when you have a strong charecter that earns fast money so you can spend it on

Votes: 67 49.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerkuh

Knight
bannerfdx.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Multiplayer Game Concept
6-8-2010
Functions

Troop upgrading system:
The troop upgrading system will be a system that will let you gain experience by killing enemies or assisting with it. But not only by killing enemies, also killing the horse where he sits on will let you gain some xp. And if you follow the commands from the team captain you will receive some xp. When you gain xp you will also get an amount of money. But that relates to another part of the game.

When you reached an certain amount of xp you can upgrade your character just as you upgrade your troops in single player, So when you want to have an archer you can look at the troop tree from the culture witch is the most proper for you.

Cultures:
When you create a character you can choose a culture where this character comes from, the culture determents how you evolve in your troop. Every culture has also his own selected set of weapons. This doesn’t say that some weapons will be in the same cultures. But some will not have an bow but an xbow and the ones with a bow doesn’t have a xbow.

Commanding and following commands:
Every round their will be a vote for a team captain. This team captain has function to place flags on the field only your team can see. If you follow these commands and the result you get is positive like you killed some other players or other you and the captain will gain some xp,

These functions a captain can have to command other troops is determined by the one of the speacial skills you can optain by reaching achievemnts.

Weapons and Armor:
To get weapons and armor you need to unlock them, this can be done for some by buying or you can unlock them by special achievements,

Besides this system you also have your standard pack of weapons you get with your troop.

Special achievements:
These achievements you get for instance by killing a certain amount of players with one and the same weapon in one round or making a certain amount of headshots. Or even a record of kills in total taking from all the rounds you played with you character,

Combat abilities:
Every culture has its own abilities. These abilities can be received by gaining levels and obtaining the skill to use them. How skilled you are determents how strong and long the ability can be used and how fast the special bar is loaded, The special bar is the bar that determents when you can activate the ability and when its finished.
For every time you hit a enemy or follow the lead of your captain the special bar will grow. If this bar is full you can activate the skill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the concept I’m working on recently.

The progres so far:
  • [Ready] Creating a system where people can log in
  • [Alpha Ready] A database with the information about the players
  • [Almost Alpha Ready] The troop tree upgrading system

These are the first steps i want to be working on.
I just put in the things that madders the most at the moment.

The team so far:
  • Jerkuh Project Leader / Programming
  • Renko Art Director
  • Jezze Assisting Scripting
  • Dominatus Creating the Troop Tree

I could use some help becouse there is much work on this mod.
If you feel like you wanna help this project then send me a PM or reply this post.
These are the things i can use some help on right now.
  • module_presentations, this includes a couple of screens that needs to be created.

Do you want to suport us by wearing a banner of us in youre signature, here is the code u need to insert:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128901.0.html][IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1418/bannerfdx.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Plan for first alpha:
- Registering system
- Troop system

He i thought to give an update of the status right now. I had some delay with making the login system but it finaly works the way i want it and is fully ingame. Now im working on the charecter selection and creation stuff and thats almost fished. If it is working all the way i want it i will probebly run a alpha online.

Youre intrested in joining the alpha please react.
I cant say the date right now and if i have some major delay it could take a while.
but if you sign up here ill let you now when the alpha test will be runned, on wich server and ofcourse give the download adress.

Thanks for your suport so far!

Alpha Testers:
- apsod
- Schrummi
- NordArcher
- Perkele_JOPOTINTTI
- elorian
- Bcleary
- Titanshoe
- Víkingr
- Longshaft
- PotatoPower
- gaham1
- Bricommander
- Proie
- shadowarcher
- And off course the people of the Order of the Low Lands

Media and links

- Heroes and Warriors at Mod DB.com

There are so many changes that needs to be done so it cant be just an addon, it will be an multyplayer mod itself.

Jezze said:
Jerkuh said:
There are so many changes that needs to be done so it cant be just an addon, it will be an multyplayer mod itself.

You were talking about applying it to existing mods as well, am I right?

That is right, when the mod is finished it could be applied to any mod.

My Necromunda mod could use something of this sort, if you might want to join the team.

If you can give me more info of the mod then i could consider it. Right now im bussy building a basic structure. The screens loggin systems and stuff.

Good luck.  I mean, it's definitely possible (cRPG is pretty much the same thing plus some, it's open source as well, you might want to take a look at the code) though you'll have to host a server. 

Some servers already have this actually. 

Just a tip, as well.  Login isn't necessary.  There's a code tied to each players serial key that can't be changed to my knowledge.  Just use that.

I know, but than i limit a player to 1 charecter only, and i can imagine from myself i sometimes like to play as a sharpshooter and sometimes i love slash around with a 2 handed axe. If i connect a charecter to the serial key i limit the amount of charecters people can play with.

But thanks for the tip anyway.

Ofcourse, i already got some ideas for that. The first thing is that the lower the level of the player you kill is will lower the amount of expirience you'll recieve.
Also when there will be played in teams there will be no choice between teams but you will be placed in the team the lower count of total lvl.

If somone else got more sugestions on this i would love to hear them.

My goal is to let everything in game, and so far it is all possible.
It takes some time to create the windows. But that wont be a problem because i already fished some.
The hardest part is to keep everything server side. I'm having a little bit of trouble in that part at the moment.
But I'm fighting my way through.

Sounds really nice! :smile: If you make enough variations in troop choices while keeping a decent balance this could very well be awesome to play in. I think it's a good idea, that's for sure.
Sounds a little bit like the way you could ladder in Diablo II on Battle.net but then a lot more player-oriented. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom