SP Tutorial Module System Creating a faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nord Champion said:
grand_cross said:
Hello Mr. Nord Champion.
Thank you for this amazing tutorial, i follow all the steps  :smile:
Now I have a new faction, new town with villages, new troops, trade routes, tournament, economical faction, everything is work perfectly, except my only one problem "scouts, patrols, elite patrols".
My new faction don't have a patrols. So I decided to conquer my new town and become a king, then hiring employers.
My logistician was able to spawn patrols, but they spawning "sarranid patrol" :???:
I tried to figure it out, but til now i'm still don't have any idea about this,
Then Mr. Champ could you help me with some tutorials for spawning new faction patrols  :?:
I would really appreciate it  :wink:

I'm using mount & blade NE    :smile:

Let me see if I can find the solution.

In other news, I'll be completely updating this thread to the newest version of Warband, and hopefully it will go more in depth in helping create factions.

Sorry I mean MnB warband NE.

Thank you for fast reply  :grin:
I'll be waiting for your update. Adding pt patrol that I copied pt Swadian patrols seems not work at all. I tried to working on module_script about spawning new faction patrols, but still can't find any solution. I hope you can find the solution soon :smile:

Weird. I followed all the steps, but for some reason when I created a new character for testing, my relations with some lords went down, I advanced to level 18, the nords owned veluca, and the khergits had tihr.

TheGME said:
Weird. I followed all the steps, but for some reason when I created a new character for testing, my relations with some lords went down, I advanced to level 18, the nords owned veluca, and the khergits had tihr.

I had that problem too, forgot how to fix it, probably something to do with module_scripts though.

Carlos Danger said:
TheGME said:

I had that problem too, forgot how to fix it, probably something to do with module_scripts though.

Say, I've seen you on this site many times!
Anyway, if you find out how to fix it, I would be grateful if you posted it here.

TheGME said:
Carlos Danger said:
TheGME said:

Say, I've seen you on this site many times!
Anyway, if you find out how to fix it, I would be grateful if you posted it here.

Did you create a new town? if so, remove it and all its dependencies (add # to comment it out even) and find (in module_scripts)
Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_22", "trp_knight_6_3", 0),

and change it too

Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_22", "trp_kingdom_7_lord", 0),

that may work, back up your files.

Carlos Danger said:
Did you create a new town? if so, remove it and all its dependencies (add # to comment it out even) and find (in module_scripts)
Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_22", "trp_knight_6_3", 0),

and change it too

Code:
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_22", "trp_kingdom_7_lord", 0),

that may work, back up your files.

Thank you. Yeah, I'll write this down somewhere.

Hey i'm trying to add an Undead faction into my game and i've followed the tutorial and everythings looking good so far however i'm getting this message whenever I start a new game:

10f2dky.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? running on module version 1.158, could it be because I have two lords and only one town on the map at the moment?

The Dark Robin said:
Give them banners.

How exactly do I add new banners to give them? I've searched around but the only info I can find is on overwriting banners already present... is there a tutorial?

Looking in the module files concerning banners it seems that most of the info that needs to be added is in the module_scripts.py file. I don't need help with making new banner textures, I've no idea how i'm mean't to add new one's into the game without replacing those that are already there and adding an individual one to the faction leader.

Basically I want to add this banner to the faction leader of the Undead faction i've created:

ds80l.jpg

I'm not able to find this anywhere in my scripts.

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

dark arrow120 said:
I'm not able to find this anywhere in my scripts.

(faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_sarranid_townsman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_sarranid_townswoman"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_spy_walker_1"),
      (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_6", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_spy_walker_2"),

You could follow the same steps but replace fac_culture_6 with fac_culture_5

Firstly thanks for this guid its been very elpful

hovever when i try and build the .bat it comes up with millions of syntax errors

i have looked through all of the steps in this process and everything seems to be in order.

any help will be mahusively apprciated

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_init.py", line 2, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\Users\Kranky\Desktop\Mod Stuff\mb_warband_module_system_1158\Module_s
ystem 1.158\process_operations.py", line 14, in <module>
    from module_troops import *
ystem 1.158\module_troops.py", line 2155
    upgrade(troops,"townsman","watchman")
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "process_global_variables.py", line 12, in <module>
          ^
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
  File "process_map_icons.py", line 6, in <module>
          ^
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
  File "process_items.py", line 66, in <module>
          ^
Exporting scene data...
  File "process_scenes.py", line 15, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_troops.py", line 4, in <module>
          ^
Exporting particle data...
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_presentations.py", line 8, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_party_tmps.py", line 2, in <module>
    from module_party_templates import *
ystem 1.158\module_party_templates.py", line 158

^
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
          ^
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 7, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 8, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
          ^
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
          ^
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

In the very beginning, I have a question. Are you sure you mean 

("culture_7",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []),

Instead of the ridiculously long

0 fac_culture_6 {!}culture_6 0 11184810
0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.900000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000

Hello everyone. :smile:

Not new at all to Mount+Blade but I am QUITE new to modding it.  I have a crazy notion to take the existing factions and split them up into a multitude of smaller city-states - so far the tutorial here has been super helpful.

In some ways the task is a little simpler than just creating a wholly new faction - I don't have to make new cities, new lords, et cetera... just reassign the existing ones to new factions I create.

My main question is this, though - I'm interested in making all of the Swadian city states (which are all different Factions, but should be culturally more or less the same) draw from the same pool of units.  No matter if you're in Praven territory or Dhirim territory, you should get the existing 'Swadian recruits' if you recruit from their villages.  How does that work?

Secondary question - where do you establish the Honorifics assigned to a faction (Jarl/Noyan/Sultan/whatever)?

Thanks for the amazing guide. ^^ I see that it's been well trafficked over the last four years...

Doctor Axel said:
Hello everyone. :smile:

Not new at all to Mount+Blade but I am QUITE new to modding it.  I have a crazy notion to take the existing factions and split them up into a multitude of smaller city-states - so far the tutorial here has been super helpful.

In some ways the task is a little simpler than just creating a wholly new faction - I don't have to make new cities, new lords, et cetera... just reassign the existing ones to new factions I create.

My main question is this, though - I'm interested in making all of the Swadian city states (which are all different Factions, but should be culturally more or less the same) draw from the same pool of units.  No matter if you're in Praven territory or Dhirim territory, you should get the existing 'Swadian recruits' if you recruit from their villages.  How does that work?
well, just make an exact copy of the swadian troop tree, and addl them to all the smaller factions, where you want them to be used
Doctor Axel said:
Secondary question - where do you establish the Honorifics assigned to a faction (Jarl/Noyan/Sultan/whatever)?

Thanks for the amazing guide. ^^ I see that it's been well trafficked over the last four years...
In Module_Strings
Code:
("faction_title_male_player", "Lord {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_1", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_2", "Boyar {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_3", "{s0} Noyan"),
  ("faction_title_male_4", "Jarl {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_5", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_6", "Emir {s0}"),

Gotcha, I suppose I could live with that. That could give me a chance to give each city state a SLIGHTLY unique troop roster, too.

Thanks for the help! ^^

Back
Top Bottom