Question about making my own companions

Users who are viewing this thread

There are threads, but I dunno where they are, I lost links.
You need mod_system for that (maybe you can do it in some other way but I know only this way)
1.Copy any companion right below last one in module troops- Kelthi i suppose, that can be like that, your new comp will appear in taverns but you will have funny dialogs with it,
2. Go to module_strings and find strings for companions (
#NPC strings
#npc1 = borcha
#npc2 = marnid
#npc3 = ymira 
#npc4 = rolf
#npc5 = baheshtur
#npc6 = firentis
#npc7 = deshavi
#npc8 = matheld
#npc9 = alayen
#npc10 = bunduk
#npc11 = katrin
#npc12 = jeremus
#npc13 = nizar
#npc14 = lazalit
#npc15 = artimenner
#npc16 = klethi)
, you will see npc_1, 2...(
  ("npc1_intro", "Ho there, traveller. You wouldn't by chance be in the market for a tracker, would you?"),
  ("npc2_intro", "Hello. Would you be so kind as to have a cup with me? I'm down to my last five denars and I'd rather not drink alone."),
  ("npc3_intro", "Good day to you!"),
) so add your text right below last one (npc_16), and than do it below every tuple until the end of companions strings.
3. Go to module_scripts and find last companion in row:
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic), #klethi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_morality_value, 4),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_2ary_morality_type, tmt_humanitarian),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_2ary_morality_value, -1),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_personalityclash_object, "trp_npc15"), #klethi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object, "trp_npc1"), #klethi - borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object, "trp_npc7"),  #deshavi - klethi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_home, "p_village_20"), #Uslum
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc16", slot_troop_payment_request, 200),
You can copy tuple of any companion, it depends of what kind companion you would like, and retype names, hometowns...
than scroll down and find:
(store_mul, ":string_addition", ":slot_addition", 16),
and make that bolded 16 into 17 (if you added one companion) and that should be it.

Alright since Reg3= 300 denars if i replace it with 4 does it make it 400? What is the {s#]  is 21 add  relation and 11  subtract relation?

What? No. {reg3} is a placeholder that displays the value of slot_troop_payment_request. You assign a value to it. Similarly, {s#} is a string that is stored. In the case of s21 it's an action that the npc objects against. s11 is the name of another npc that he/she dislikes. These values are filled in module_dialogs in the preconditions of various event_triggered conversations.

Somebody said:
What? No. {reg3} is a placeholder that displays the value of slot_troop_payment_request. You assign a value to it. Similarly, {s#} is a string that is stored. In the case of s21 it's an action that the npc objects against. s11 is the name of another npc that he/she dislikes. These values are filled in module_dialogs in the preconditions of various event_triggered conversations.

Do you have to add those? x)

unknown3056 said:
Somebody said:

Do you have to add those? x)
No. Do the steps as iggorbb said. The Native code will take care of the rest (it pulls the correct value from those slots). Note that the strings have to be arranged in group like "npc1_intro" throu "npc#_intro" before going to the next group of strings. The script will base on that offset (number of companions) to pick the right conversation string for the right companion.

The only files you need/should be editing to make companions are module_scripts.py module_strings.py and module_troops.py
strings is where the "dialog" for the companions is.
scripts are where you set up their relations and those reg3 things
troops is where you design the actual unit that appears ingame.

i have an easy way but you want be able to do everyhing you want get troop editor change name starts gender and items dialogs and othet stuff is done with either python or the files that come with MAB

dubaiboy said:
i have an easy way but you want be able to do everyhing you want get troop editor change name starts gender and items dialogs and othet stuff is done with either python or the files that come with MAB

Can we hear it? :grin:

i can't find this on my module scripts:

") so add your text right below last one (npc_16), and than do it below every tuple until the end of companions strings.
3. Go to module_scripts and find last companion in row:"

Lav said:
DeoLina said:
its fine if i don't edit strings  in the module scripts?
I don't think anyone will mind - but the code probably won't work. :smile:

its strange in my module scripts i can't find code like this "troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic), #balbanes"
or i just paste those codes into the scripts? or there any another modules scripts?  :sad:

DeoLina said:
its strange in my module scripts i can't find code like this "troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic), #balbanes"
or i just paste those codes into the scripts? or there any another modules scripts?  :sad:
There's nothing strange as vanilla module system only has 16 NPC companions, from "trp_npc1" to "trp_npc16".

Also, the way you're phrasing your questions makes me think you simply don't understand what you're doing. My recommendation is to follow some basic scripting tutorials - there's an entire sub-forum here dedicated to them. Try doing some simple stuff until you get a "feeling" for the Warband's Module System, and then you'll be able to proceed to companions.

Lav said:
DeoLina said:
There's nothing strange as vanilla module system only has 16 NPC companions, from "trp_npc1" to "trp_npc16".

Also, the way you're phrasing your questions makes me think you simply don't understand what you're doing. My recommendation is to follow some basic scripting tutorials - there's an entire sub-forum here dedicated to them. Try doing some simple stuff until you get a "feeling" for the Warband's Module System, and then you'll be able to proceed to companions.

ok i guess it was my first time scripting, before this all i do only change the value of item only.. thxx for your help  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom