Interest in an optimized version of the map? Also, any guides for mapmakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

As you probably know, this is a fun and interesting mod.  However, the main map that comes with it is quite taxing on systems.

So I went through it and basically deleted ~80% of the trees and other extra items, like duplicate hay stacks in stables.  The result is a very noticeable increase in FPS.  Of course, there's no dense woods anymore, which does take away from the immersion.  I think the improvements in FPS and what that entails - smoother gameplay, etc., outweigh that, but that's just me.

Is there any interest in such a map?  I'd post a link here, but my upload access request to the Repository is currently pending.

EDIT: Here's the link; http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2148

Along that same vein, is there a guide for map making?  Like how to set up trading stations, what props to use for mining and trading, etc?  I can gather some of it just looking at the Oceania map, but some details aren't clear (like setting it up so the castle gets there share of the trading profits).

CR

the FPS lag can be temp fixed by going esc>options then retunring.

Crazed Rabbit, just make your map realistic. Think how it would be in real life. then you can get a good map

Alright, here's the file on MB Repository: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2148

The final size is 436 Kb compared to 577 Kb of the original.  It gave me an increase of around 10 fps on the low end.

CR

About guides for mapmakers - I think that list of all usable objects should be enough. Because devs are working hard on new features, I'll try to list all objects. Correct me if I'm wrong or if I miss something.
-ale_mine - you can buy ale here. cost=0 time=? spawn=ale
-ale_sell - you can sell ale here.  reward=5000 time=? spawn=gold token
-bank_bronze1
-bank_bronze2
-bank_gold1
-bank_gold2
-bank_silver1
-bank_silver2
-iron_mine
-leather_mine
-leather_sell
-stash_ale1
-stash_iron1
-stash_leather1
-stash_velvet1
-stockpile_iron1
-tbfc_<weapon_name>
-tbfc_bed_heal
-tbfc_bed_heal2
-tbfc_flag_<colour>
-thfc_gold_chest0
-thfc_gold_chest1
-thfc_gold_chest2
-tbfs_horse_<horse_name>
-tbfc_horse_trough_heal
-tbfc_iron_resource0
-tbfc_iron_resource1
-tbfc_iron_resource2
-velvet_mine
-velvet_sell

It's just a list, but it would be nice if somebody could fill it with explanations like two first examples...

EDIT: question - which .sco file (in "SceneObj" folder) is vanilla map? and what name does it use in scenes.txt?

Back
Top Bottom