[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Innocents Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

CryoNomad

Llandy was here
Grandmaster Knight
Game: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Alive:
  • Folthrik (Rep. Overlord-) The Knights Who Say Ni (Roleblocker)
  • Calodine Tim the Enchanter (Random Vigilante, Roleblocker, Doctor, Cop)
  • Kronic Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (Revenge Killer)

Dead:
  • (The aptly named) Sir Not Appearing In This Game - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 0
  • Facemelter - Sir Bedevere the Wise (Cop) - Lynched (Burned to death) Day 1
  • MaHuD - Sir Lancelot the Brave (Vigilante) - Lynched (Shot by an arrow) Day 2
  • FrisianDude - King Arthur (Governor) - Killed Night 2
  • Seff - (Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot) (Hider) - Killed Night 2
  • Xardob (Rep. Chechen!) - The Rabbit of Caerbannog (Mafia Goon) - Lynched (Shot by an arrow while defending cave) Day 3
  • Troll (Rep. Regendur) - (Sir Galahad the Pure) (Doctor) - Killed Night 3
  • okiN - The Black Knight (Bulletproof Mafia Goon) - Lynched (Chopped to pieces) Day 4
  • AWdeV - The French (Jester) - Killed Night 4
  • Adaham (Rep. Rahn) (Rep. TrybeR) - Patsy (Bodyguard) - Killed Night 4
  • Dudro (Rep. Tuckles) - Dennis (Mafia Goon) - Killed Day 5

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
  • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
  • Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  • Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  • All days have strict 2-week deadlines.  Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  • Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
  • Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
  • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
  • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  • Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  • Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  • Red or Purple text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  • Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 4th day of no activity.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

These are the Role PMs that have been sent to the players:

Innocents:

King Arthur (Town Governor)

You are the King.

Once during the course of the game, you may choose to block a lynch. PM me during the day, before the death scene is posted, and the life will be spared (even your own). The day will end as usual and no one will be told who/what prevented the death. You love to announce yourself to everyone you meet so every new day you must quote every player at least once.

Restrictions: Failure to quote makes your block lynch fail

You win once all evil elements have been cast out.

Sir Bedevere the Wise (Cop)

You are Sir Bedevere the Wise. You may each night check upon a player and will be told if they are pro-town or anti-town. You love knowledge though and must end and start all your posts with a question.

Failure to do so makes your cop role fail that night.

Sir Lancelot the Brave (Vigilante)

You are Sir Lancelot the Brave. Very brave I might add. Each night you will disappear into the night and kill a player if you wish. But that braveness comes at a cost. You may only target players who have post you have followed with your own post at least three times during the day.

Sir Galahad the Pure (Doctor)

You are Sir Galahad the Pure. So pure your very presence saves lives. Once per night you may visit any player and protect them from danger. You may protect yourself once.

Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot (Hider)

You are Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot. As a testament to your bravery in battle each night you may run away into another persons tent making you unkillable each night. However, if you pick to hide in an evil player's house they kill you.

You also cannot directly quote any post in your own post. You fear confrontation so you must find other means to convince the town.

If you do quote a post. Your vote means nothing that day.

Tim the Enchanter (Random Vigilante, Roleblocker, Doctor, Cop)

You are Tim the Enchanter. Your skills are legendary. Each night you may Enchant a player of your choice and some random effect be it bad or good will happen to them.

You win once all evil elements have been cast out.[i/]

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (Revenge Killer)

You are the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. You may go about playing normally but the person who kills you at night or places the last vote on you to call for your lynch will see the true wrath of god.

The Knights Who Say Ni (Roleblocker)

You are the a member of the Knights Who Say Ni. Each night you may accost a player with the dreaded word Ni keeping them from doing anything that night. However, everytime someone says the word "It" your needed vote count to lynch decreases by one that day, but never decreases to zero.

Patsy (Bodyguard)
You are Patsy the assistant to the King. Once per night you may protect any one player and take the consequences of anyone targeting them that night be they good or bad.

Mafia:

The Rabbit of Caerbannog (Mafia Goon)

You are the Rabbit of Caerbannog, whose fluffiness belies its murderous intent. You, Dennis, and the Black Knights form the Mafia group keeping the King from the Grail. Nightly, you will confer with the others and make a decision on whom to target and which one of you three makes the kill. Your three appear guilty when investigated. Your friend The Black Knight can't be night killed.

You win if your team has reached an equal number or majority over the town.

Dennis, who scolds King Arthur for treating him as an inferior (Mafia Goon)

You are Dennis! You hate the Knights and how they oppress the people. Why should they get the grail? You, The Rabbit of Caerbannog, and The Black Knight form the mafia group. Nightly, you will confer with the others and make a decision on whom to target and which one of you three makes the kill. It is the Rabbit's job to make the final decision if a consensus cannot be reached and to send the target’s name to me as well as who makes the kill. As low man on the three-man pole, the only way you’re gonna be making the decisions is if the other two members of your crew are killed – and that wouldn’t be a good thing. All of you appear guilty when investigated. Your friend The Black Knights can't be night killed.

Every day you must make two comments in seperate posts about the lynching system or just "the system of goverment being used" in a negative way before the death scene of that day.

Restrictions: If you fail to post twice you natter on about it to your mafia team keeping them from making a kill.

The Black Knight (BulletProof Mafia Goon)

You are the Black Knight and you sure are stubborn in defeat or as you call them setbacks to victory. No matter what happens you can't die at night. However, you still refuse to let the knights pass to find the grail. You, the Rabbit of Caerbannog, and Dennis form the mafia group. Nightly, you will confer with the others and make a decision on whom to target and which one of you three makes the kill. It is the Rabbit of Caerbannog's job to make the final decision if a consensus cannot be reached and to send the target’s name to me. As second-in-command, if the Rabbit is killed, the decision-making and communication responsibilities fall to you. All of you appear guilty when investigated

Third Party:

The French (Joker)

You are the French, and everyone else has a mother for a hamster and a father that smells of Eldenberry. You already have the Grail and don't really care about this adventure one bit. You are to heckle the other players as best you can until they lynch you.

You have one disadvantage though. Deep down you want to stay just to heckle them some more because they are English. It will take a vote from everyone to finally kill you.

You win if you have been lynched by the crowd. You lose any other way.

BEDEMIR:  And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

ARTHUR:  This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedemir.  Explain again how
      sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

BEDEMIR:  Oh, certainly, sir.

LAUNCELOT:  Look, my liege!

GOD:  Arthur!  Arthur, King of the Britons!  Oh, don't grovel!  If
      there's one thing I can't stand, it's people groveling.

ARTHUR:  Sorry--

GOD:  And don't apologize.  Every time I try to talk to someone it's
      "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy".  What are you
      doing now!?

ARTHUR:  I'm averting my eyes, oh Lord.

GOD:  Well, don't.  It's like those miserable Psalms-- they're so
      depressing.  Now knock it off!

ARTHUR:  Yes, Lord.

GOD:  Right!  Arthur, King of the Britons -- your Knights of the Round
      Table shall have a task to make them an example in these dark times.

ARTHUR:  Good idea, oh Lord!

GOD: 'Course it's a good idea!  Behold!  Arthur, this is the Holy
      Grail.  Look well, Arthur, for it is your sacred task to seek
      this Grail. That is your purpose, Arthur -- the Quest for the
      Holy Grail.

ARTHUR:  A blessing!

LAUNCELOT:  A blessing from the Lord!

GALAHAD:  God be praised!

A friendly word or two from your moderator:

First, I'd like to talk about Role-Fishing and it's deeply imbedded existance in games on this forum. If you are innocent you should NOT be rolefishing. Rolefishing is trying to figure out the games or players roles on the town's side. There should not be public talk about what innocents might have what role. That kind of talk only benefits the wolves in their quest to find the right kills. If someone is role fishing the innocents should be calling them out and voting them out of the game. The only time good roles are discussed is if someone role claims and then you discuss if you find that person to have that role true or not. Be very careful. The typical werewolf team will try to use this opening to talk about other players and possible roles. That's all the help the town is getting from me.

Secondly, another new rule to get this game moving a bit. Everyone's first post must be a random vote on one player. The random voting phase is a healthy start to any game.

Deadline is August 16th at 12:00PM EST.

Facemelter said:
Since this is Monty Python themed, does this mean we need to talk with cheesy British accents?  :wink:

Anyways, Vote: Overlord. Everything he says is scummy, even when he isn't talking, and frankly, he has never been very useful in these games.

WHO IS WITH ME?!

*fixed*

This is the part I take a deep breath and calmy remind you to make a one time edit and put in a vote from someone you should have done if you read the rules.

ejnomad07 said:
This is the part I take a deep breath and calmy remind you to make a one time edit and put in a vote from someone you should have done if you read the rules.

What the-?! I did, and it showed up on my preview. Why did that happen?  :???:

Vote: Ejnomad

He knows who all the bad guys are, and who is innocent. Last game I knew who the bad guys were and who was innocent, and I was a wolf!

What more proof do you need?

Popping in! Vote: Facemelter for ****ing up in his first post! :razz:

Close second is Regendur for being creepy!

Calodine said:

He knows who all the bad guys are, and who is innocent. Last game I knew who the bad guys were and who was innocent, and I was a wolf!

While this was humorous, your post didn't actually contain a vote for a player as requested. So we can get a real vote from you, and so someone doesn't come in and vote for me too :razz:, please try again.

Regendur said:
Vote: MaHuD

I might have been wrong last time, but I'm certainly not wrong this time. :wink:

Not wrong this time? What does this mean? Unless you have some secret information, it's quite easy to be wrong again. It's too soon for any abilities, so is this a confession of your villainy? You know he's not a brother-in-evil so you vote for him? Knowing full well you're not wrong about his allegiance? Or, you know he IS a villain, just like you, so you vote for him knowing you won't be wrong if he dies and that any bickering between you and him is a good cover? Hmm?

Alas! Poor Sir Not Appearing In This Game! May he rest in peace.

Seff said:
Vote: okiN for being an old fart.
Ohhh, and you're a young fart, eh? Well, I like old farts a lot better than young ones because the old ones have lost most of their stench. Therefore, vote: Seff for smelling bad.

So do I need a reason for my vote?

Anyway, vote: Frisiandude for the luzl.

Chechen! said:
So do I need a reason for my vote?

Anyway, vote: Frisiandude for the luzl.
The luzl? The LUZL? Is that some obscure little french pagan daemonic twit of a nitwit deity?  :shock:

Magorian Aximand said:
Calodine said:

While this was humorous, your post didn't actually contain a vote for a player as requested. So we can get a real vote from you, and so someone doesn't come in and vote for me too :razz:, please try again.

Dammit Maggie.

Vote: Maggie

Also, Vote: okiN

Like Seff said, he's an old fart. Killing him off now before his back goes is the greatest mercy we can show him.

Back
Top Bottom