MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] NECROMUNDA (HIATUS)

Users who are viewing this thread

feuerzeuge

Sergeant at Arms
The Underhive
Logo1.jpg

Concept
hive.png
In the Segmentum Solar of the IMPERIUM OF MAN, on the Hive World of Necromunda, there lies the 16 kilometer tall superstructure of Hive Primus, one of the largest arms manufacturing bases of the sector. Countless billions live and die within, from the IMPERIAL NOBLES who live in eternal, oblivious decadence, to the billions of NECROMUNDAN HOUSE menials below, who toil day and night within the hive's manufactories, to the absolute lowest of the low - those who, like many of their uphive bretheren, will die without ever seeing the sky. They go through their lives unaware of the Imperium that they nominally serve, untouched by any semblance of authority save the occassional, brutal ENFORCER raid and their ties of kinship to the Hive City houses.

Their only concern is survival, and in the Underhive, only violence ensures survival. They are the UNDERHIVE GANGERS, and today you count yourself among them.

FACTIONS

orlock.png

goliath.png

escher.png

vansaar.png

delaque.png

cawdor.png

TECHNICAL STUFF

This mod will encourage flanking, ambushing, stealth and other tactics. Maps will be three-dimensional, and shotguns will knock enemies back. There are no safety rails in the underhive, and so falling will be a serious threat. No bots, aside from special game modes. A variety of heavy weapons will be available. Autofire or some variation thereof is essential.

HELP NEEDED

This may seem like a daunting task, but realize that I've already got nearly all of the weapon models from my other mod. All this needs is some new armours, scenes and props and a little coding. If you feel you can help with any of this - especially the coding of a multiplayer mod, give me a PM and we'll see what can do. With a little help, this could be released in a few weeks!

This is an unofficial total conversion for Mount and Blade and is in no way endorsed by Games Workshop. Games Workshop reserves the right to destroy this mod and all evidence of its existence at any time. Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos device, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, Warhammer 40k Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. All Rights Reserved. Used without permission.

Hooray, the Eye of Terror gets a kind of MP spin off  :grin:
Great idea, Necromunda is a fun setting for 40k skirmishs, so good luck with it.
Btw, no Ratskins to purge with the flame of the Redemptionists?  :wink:

Rule zum Rabensang said:
Hooray, the Eye of Terror gets a kind of MP spin off  :grin:
Great idea, Necromunda is a fun setting for 40k skirmishs, so good luck with it.
Btw, no Ratskins to purge with the flame of the Redemptionists?  :wink:

Redemptionists seem a bit redundant when you have House Cawdor, and I'm not sure I can really balance Ratskins, since they don't have access to as many good weapons and rely so much on special abilities in the tabletop. Maybe as mercenaries, if I can figure it out. (I've honestly never even played a multiplayer game. It goes for multiple rounds, right? I'd like to let the players hire mercenaries (that one of the players can play) as they earn credits.)

Scavvies, though, I'll probably include, as part of some sort of scavvy hunt game mode, where the object is to get bounties on as many scavvies as possible before the other team.

yeah, I pretty much meant House Cawdor when i said Redemptionists.

feuerzeuge said:
Maybe as mercenaries, if I can figure it out. (I've honestly never even played a multiplayer game. It goes for multiple rounds, right? I'd like to let the players hire mercenaries (that one of the players can play) as they earn credits.)

that might indeed be possible. normally you just determine the number of bots by polls, and then every player can control some of them. it might be perfectly possible to "buy" bots, but i guess that should be answered by someone experienced in modding MP.

feuerzeuge said:
Scavvies, though, I'll probably include, as part of some sort of scavvy hunt game mode, where the object is to get bounties on as many scavvies as possible before the other team.

sinister and very Necromunda-like. nice idea.  :smile:

I'm not sure how to handle armours - visually, all the tabletop models look the same regardless of armour. Anyone have any visual ideas for various gang armours? Or should I just keep it low-armour? Also I'm gonna need some multiplayer testers if anyone feels obliged.

Try finding the Kal Jericho comics. Its based in Necromunda underhive, and there you can see a variety of outfits/armor.

Is it somehow possible to replace fists with a knife? That would be totally rad.

vansaarjuvearmor1.png

Trust me, it'll look good with bump and specular maps and some proper lighting.

So, one of the things I'd like to include from the original tabletop is a shootout scenario, where two gangs calmly walk towards each other and try to not be the ones to draw their guns first. Can someone with multiplayer modding experience tell me if this is viable?

vansaararmor2.png

Propably would be hard to code, but if the players want to do this in, say, Battle mode, it would work, kinda. You would still need a referee to tell who fired the first shots.

I need coders with multiplayer modding experience, and one enthusiastic VA! PM me for the exciting details!

As far I recall, in 'munda you have access to some kinds of armours (need to check the book). I suggest using the IG flak armor as a base model. Also some kind of scavenged/looted arbites wargear:
Adeptus_Arbites.jpg

323px-Femalearbiter.JPG

arbite.gif

arbite2.gif

mywargame_arbite_17.jpg

^That last guy is from the forges of Whitehorn.

You also can add some stuff of the Temples (Vindicare/Eversor), stoled/blackmarket obviously.

Also for IG armors you have a nice range between Cadia, DKoK, Elysia and Catachan.

Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom