[S] El Arte de la Guerra [V1.75]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sons said:
Well,
i had another question. It's more about your opinion on one of the features, which is the weapon proficiencies dropping down a bit every once i a while.
At first, it seemed like a pretty good idea. Practice (as well as the lack of it) always has an effect on proficiency.
Since i have been doing real swordfighting for over 5 years now, i am very well aware of the need for practice if you want to improve your skill level, your proficiency with the weapon.
I am also well aware of how much some of you guys crave for more realistic and balanced gaming interfaces and rpg systems.
So, YES to both practice issue and realistic, balanced rpg system.
Big f**king NO to each of the following:
1) Losing 1 or even 2 points from your weapon proficiencies every 2 to 4 days. That's a nonsense "all inclusive". It's neither realistic nor balanced. I would understand losing proficiency levels (PL from now on) on skills you don't use. For instance, i used a crossbow once at the beginning of the game and haven't done so since that one time. I actually managed to raise my PL with crossbows during that one fight by 1 or maybe 2. My crossbow PL stalled around 45 back then i guess and i'd have nothing against losing like 3 - 5 point every 10 days (which i still find a little too much, but let's leave it at that) or so on this skill, because i simply do not practice shooting with a crossbow.
2) Actually losing PL with regular "practice" (meaning me and my army kill hundreds of bandits and raiders on my favorite merchant routes) with whatever type of weapon i use exclusively. I'd expect to be losing PL on skills i don't use or use rarely enough to make any progress. From my experience with real sword or/and polearm fighting, i don't need to practice for a week and i'd still kick my comrade's ass after that lazy week anyway. Believe me, it's neither balanced, nor realistic. I guess it is challenging... it's a great challenge to keep away from going f***ing nuts.
3) Losing PL almost (i'd much rather use the word "only", but that'd feel unfair) exclusively on the weapon skill(s) i mainly use. Again, a complete nonsense. Really. That will never cease to amuse me. I realize that to some of you at this point, i might be sounding like a little *****. But think about it. It's like getting worse in... say... halfswording, which is basically one of the more advanced fencing techniques, just because i simply don't trush the guard of my sword to someone's brains every other day. And we're just playing with these medieval weapons! Those guys in m&bw actually "really" (well, as far as a videogame goes, right? :wink:) kill each other.
4) Losing PL the very morning after i myself slaughtered 45 forest bandits the very night before. I think i don't even need any vindication for my cause here, nor i need to explain how stupid that is.

I really enjoy playing this mod and this (so far) seems to be the only big pain in the ass. Is there a way to disable this? Or... could this "feat" be possibly removed or at least given any reason in v1.8??? Probably just making it possible to choose, whether you want it ingame or not would do it.

I apologize, if you've already talked this through in the thread. It just drove me much too berserk not to go little ***** about it. At least, i could've managed to raise the awareness around this little damn "improvement" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Big up :wink:

I would like to bump this issue.

I was excited to see that this mod came with diplo and CC. I love those two mods working together. makes game flow quicker and more fun. I wanted to see how the better sieges were, decided to start a new character in your mod. I make a new character, I miss with the crossbow twice due to a lack of skill in it. the enemy is starting to advance upon me to where I want a melee weapon. He has his shield up, I think I am safe from attack until I see a raised weapon. I get hit, I get hit, I get hit, where the heck is this damage coming from, I better start slashing to defeat my enemy, I get hit, I get knocked out.

Fail on shield bash in this mod, did you make a version with the update sieges and not the update retarded game play? I am sorry if you take that as offensive that's just the way I see it. I can tell a lot of work has gone into this mod and a koodo's on that but it completely ruined the game play of warband.

Also some explanation on why one would want ranked or non ranked and the difference between the two would be nice as well.

El mod esta excelente pero tengo un problemita, el efecto de la arena levantandose del piso me pone lenta la laptop, hay manera de desactivarlo???

Saludos!!

MortePTY said:
El mod esta excelente pero tengo un problemita, el efecto de la arena levantandose del piso me pone lenta la laptop, hay manera de desactivarlo???

Saludos!!

Anda a Opciones --> Video Options --> Y casi como ultima opcion esta "Particle System", desactivalo y va a andar joya!

Is version 1.80 out? if so, where can I download  :grin:

Oops, just translated what was posted, and it appears it is still in production, or dormant  :cry:

Hola, ahora tengo otro problem  :sad:
Instale el parche 1.750001 para arreglar el shield bash pero ahora me salen las armaduras y escudos transparentes.

anyone have any idea why every time when there's a different *Create your character menu*from the original warband and when i press continue at the end of it, my whole screen goes blank and it stays like that forever? does anyone have any idea? :sad: its effect 4-5 of my interested mods already

doublejsam1 said:
anyone have any idea why every time when there's a different *Create your character menu*from the original warband and when i press continue at the end of it, my whole screen goes blank and it stays like that forever? does anyone have any idea? :sad: its effect 4-5 of my interested mods already

Hi, not too sure what you mean, can you eloborate? Do you mean when you have created your character and hit done, it just hangs with a blank screen? if so, is it OK in native mode? I have never had that problem, but if you can explain further, maybe someone can help. How do you get out of the blank screen?  :cool:

Yozzer said:
doublejsam1 said:

Hi, not too sure what you mean, can you eloborate? Do you mean when you have created your character and hit done, it just hangs with a blank screen? if so, is it OK in native mode? I have never had that problem, but if you can explain further, maybe someone can help. How do you get out of the blank screen?  :cool:
its ok in native mode, and it stays blank after i've created my character, and i usually press alt-f4 to leave that blank screen. the choices of occupation u have to choose for your character is different from the native type, those different type is the cause of the blank screen, i can't really elaborate any further as i'ill need the screenshots to show u better then explaining

This mod is dead. I don't working in it.
Sorry.

But all my scenes are OSP anyway. Sorry, but i don't have time and have't any material for modding :razz: (many things in this year happened)

Cya! o/  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom