Tractor's Map - Update for Version 3 (Read Page 3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, sounds funny but that's it. :mrgreen:

Map contains:

1. 4 Castles, polished and redone/added.
2. 2 Villages, polished and redone/added.
3. 1 Dungeon, bigger and "beautiful".
4. 1 Town Watch Headquarters.
5. 1 Outlaw Camp.
6. 1 Place where you can buy flags.
7. 3 Farms, polished and redone/added.
8. 2 Mines, polished and redone/added.
9. 4 Siege Camps.
10. 1 Spawn Camp, polished and redone.

Features:

Castles.

Here you can rest, buy weapons, collect gold and defend.

Siege Camps.

In Siege camps you can buy cheap weapons, rest and prepare for a siege, now it is a real challenge to defend an castle.

Outlaw Camp.

You can buy cheap weapons, rest, hide and defend.

Mine.

You can collect iron bars (money) and defend/atack.

Village.

You can buy weapons, rest, collect money, defend and be arrested (see the next two features).

Dungeon.

You can be arrested by Watchmen and rest, it is large and chances of escape are minimum (located in village, damaged keep).

Town Watch HQ.

The place for Watchmen, here you can rest and buy cheap weapons (located in village, damaged keep).

Moveable Ladders.

Raise your ladder to vitory or drop it to defend your castle. Now you can raise and drop the ladders.

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/17173109/Tractor---V3-Fixed.rar/

It is an huge improvenent, now you can have a fully medieval feeling, test it ! :smile:

Hey Tractor jump on my server for some mapping tips you need em good map though needs lots of work. xD

Swadian Man at Arms said:
I think it is good enough, it has a lot of tiny details, the pictures are just in DirectX 7, without grass and shaders. :wink:

Anyway the fix contains:

Weapon purchase fix.
Some ladders fixed.
Tweaked some tents.
Fixed some ladders.
lol

Thats just a slap in the face to Laszlo. You didn't like the original map so you created a new one that overwrites it, instead of just having it as an extra map to go along with all the other community made maps. Real mature.

Thanks but no thanks.

And of course I don't play the original map because my computer can't handle it, also I have no clue how to add a map along with the original one, once I learn I will do that, for now it is just a map, everyone who can edit .txt files will do that.

I just made this for the community, you can't acuse me, I didn't wrote "don't use Laszlo's map".

This should be welcomed because I help, but the single man who apreciated my work is Albertus Magnus.

Sorry but the way you came across saying that it is simply better than Laszlo's map made me view your actions in a much harsher light. I simply mean that it seems like an insult to Laszlo to put it that way, especially considering that it overwrites his map.

Since that wasn't what you intended I apologize, but I will have to disagree with you on the map being "better". It is just an alternative and something different, as are many of the community maps. That doesn't make them better or worse, just extra content. :smile:

I suggest changing uploading site - it's hard to find this small "click here" between all those spam links. Number of downloads confirm my opinion. Megaupload is quite nice alternative.

About altering official map - it's just easier to do it this way -> create new module -> change map -> host -> test map. If map would be added as separate one, you couldn't start it without dedicated server files or changing mod scripts - so for testing purpose it's just better.

EDIT: Thoughts about map:
General
-Too many empty spaces, but I know it's hard to fix it without hurting fps...
-River ends in the middle of the field for some reason
Castles
-Road to green castle shouldn't be straight - no horse could pull cart up that hill.
Bandit camp
-If there is only one hideout, it's too easy for others to predict where they are hiding, and send police expedition
-Bandit camp may have only single entrance, but at last one emergency exit is a must
-Kite shield and sword aren't really "cheap" weapons... round shield, spear and mace/axe is.
-There is floating rock near bandit camp entrance
Town
-Personally I see no point in that palisade around town marketplace... It prevent "steal some good weapon" quest for bandits :sad:

Overall map looks much better than official one.

Thanks, but the FPS is the problem, if I add too much items it will start lagging or crashing, bandit issues should be fixed and that palisade is the single object that fits with viking wooden textures. If I make that "green" hill smaller, the castle will have an small advantage and something to add is that an horse can climb that hill even with a cart, saw that in RL, the horse did his job well. :smile:

Uploading site changed to File Front.

I don't think overwriting the original map at the moment is such a big deal as V3 map it is not a properly made map for the time being. But yes try to find out how to make the map not overwrite the original map.

I know it is possible with module system but I don't know if it will keep its features and such, it may overwrite the scenes.txt then fail, I need a .txt guide.

Back
Top Bottom