[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's a brief list of the main PoP 3.6 features... for the first time.

+ Player Knighthood Order
+ Player king mercenary parties from different factions
+ The Melitine Empire: a new minor faction
+ New unique spawns from foreign factions (Mettenheim, Veccavia, Barclay, Melitine)
+ Order ranks and stronghold
+ New Order quests (tournament, challenge, rivalry, GM quest)
+ Randomly generated minor knighthood Orders; sometimes created by lords
+ Numerous new Order, Noldor and other map dialogs
+ Prettier female faces (corprus OSP)
+ Large minor faction spawns sometimes siege and sack nearby towns.
+ Order war parties of the main kingdom Orders sometimes spawn and actively assist their kingdom
+ Kings sometimes found Orders if they don't have a chapterhouse yet

...and other improvements, tweaks and bugfixes. Full list on release.

That is just awesome.  Thank you Pop team for what you are doing.

MadVader, I saw your posts about the new beta patch for warband, too bad you couldn't convince them to release what they have already fixed.  Unless I am missing something important, why wouldn't they?

@gus979
Why aren´t you asking TW?

-Player Knighthood Order will be quite amazing. All I say is total customisation. Pink Pansies, anyone?
-Player King Mercenary Parties means yes, you´ll now be able to hire various new mercenary companies in times of dire need. For a price.
-Meltine: You´ve had your first glimpse of their lancers as mercenaries, expect more.
-New Unique Spawns: Mercenaries and QG spawns, some have already been revealed, some may be revealed, some will come as a surprise...
-Order Ranks and Order Stronghold: You can now progress in your order and you can acquire a stronghold for your order. IF you´re able to wrestle it off the evil powers Pendor.
-New Order Quests: Now, how did you think you would increase your rank? And now hurry and collect 10 bandit ears.
-Random Minor Knighthood orders: MAd VAdER@hisbest.
-New Dialogues: well, new dialogues.
-Prettier Faces: Because we all like pretties, eh? Of course only females. Men don´t need to be pretty, they grow a beard.
-Sacking Towns: YOU asked for it. Shuddup and share the guilt.
-Order War Parties: What else would powerful knights of a realm do in urgent times but rise and fight?
-King donate Chapterhouses: Because we all like to see as many orders as possible, don´t we?

I figured it would be pointless.  They didn't really answer MadVader about it.  I know so little about game development I thought someone here had an idea besides the obvious of TW ignoring/not caring about the request to release the fixed features.

I would guess they have their own objectives in mind and would rather not alter their own release plans by request.

MadVader said:
Large minor faction spawns sometimes siege and sack nearby towns.

....... #$*@

At least with Lords my 400 man stack of doom can chase them off. A 750 man snake cult army is just going to laugh at me and dare me to try.

Are we in for Dwarf Fortress FUN? Yes, yes we are.

MadVader said:
Here's a brief list of the main PoP 3.6 features... for the first time.

+ Player Knighthood Order
+ The Melitine Empire: a new minor faction
+ New unique spawns from foreign factions (Mettenheim, Veccavia, Barclay, Melitine)
+ Order ranks and stronghold
+ New Order quests (tournament, challenge, rivalry, GM quest)
+ Randomly generated minor knighthood Orders; sometimes created by lords
+ Numerous new Order, Noldor and other map dialogs
+ Prettier female faces (corprus OSP)
+ Large minor faction spawns sometimes siege and sack nearby towns.
+ Order war parties of the main kingdom Orders sometimes spawn and actively assist their kingdom
+ Kings sometimes found Orders if they don't have a chapterhouse yet

...and other improvements, tweaks and bugfixes. Full list on release.

I can hardly wait for this.  :grin:

Epicrules said:
Arcanum said:
Are we in for Dwarf Fortress FUN? Yes, yes we are.

I can see it now. Prophesy of Pendor: Losing is Fun.

We'll see how tough they are when I pump lava from the core of the world into my moats! HA HA HA HAwait....THEY BROUGHT DRAGONS???

I'm very excited for the 3.6 patch. All of these new features sound amazing!
I'm not quite sure how likely it is that the release date is actually April 1, but it doesn't matter. I can't wait to play it!
As this is my first post, I would like to congratulate the modders on creating such an awesome mod that your work and plans (4.0) is the sole reason I purchased Warband.

Be sure to speak to the Order parties as they go about their business, they will tell you far more about their duties and role in the world (for those of you who are lore junkies).

Furthermore, proper Order relations have been implemented, so you will see the Gauntlets actually hunting down Noldor parties, while Silvermists jump to their defence, or Shadow Legion parties hunting down the Radiant Cross. Also, the Lions and Dragons REALLY do not get on with their opposing kingdoms and Orders.

Basically this update has a tonne of content for Orders, ranging from making your own (including equipment... and with some nifty mechanics to make sure you have access to the best stuff to give them!), to minor Knighthoods springing up to defend their homelands, and being able to progress through the Order ranks yourself, eventually getting them a fortress to call home...

MitchyMatt said:
Bet you guys can't wait for April 1st huh.

it__s_a_trap__with_a_twist___by_xtream901-d5ibtr4.jpg

Some more info on this:
When you are a king of your own, you have the option to recruit different mercenary parties. There are a dozen different mercenary parties available in total, but only about four at the beginning.
The other, locked mercenary parties generally become available if your relations with their home faction is positive. The harder it is to improve that relation, the more powerful their parties are, so it may be worth it to become friends with some initially hostile factions.
You want to have your own Jatu bodyguards? Become friends with the Jatu. The same goes for Barclay, Mettenheim, the Melitines and others.
Most mercenary parties available to the player are available to the other kings as well, you will likely see some of them trudging along with kings as you travel.

The mercenary parties are independent of your own. They can be ordered to follow you, go to a castle or a town (siege defense!) and patrol around some location.
They are great for some immediate muscle when you most need it, like when you start a kingdom and an army comes knocking at your door, however they are expensive and you need to pay them inflated wages. Once you are rich enough, you can afford them for long periods of time, just for the fun of it.

Back
Top Bottom